The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

leitan

VMF50 & Angel Philia Discussion Thread (nsfw, doll nudity)

leitan

tBhObW8.png

>The first page in this post is now a FAQ about all dolls related to VMF50, Angel Philia, Yamato, Arcadia, RealArtProject, Dollcore, Pink Drops, etc<

*This thread contains photos of naked and scantily-clad dolls, and some photos may be implicitly sexually suggestive, so please view it at your own discretion.*

For the purposes of this FAQ: If I talk about "VMF Dolls" it refers to any of the above kind of dolls unless otherwise specifically noted. This is because although there are now different brands/lines of these dolls, most of the information is relevant (useful) to all of them.

Likewise, you can substitute where I wrote about "Yamato" for "Arcadia" or "R.A.P." when i am referring to the dolls in a general sense and not specifically talking about one particular doll.

A lot of the information about these dolls on the first couple pages of this discussion thread is either A) out of date or B) wrong, since not much was known about them here when I started the thread last year. So please read the FAQ or ask a question in the most recent pages of the thread to get more accurate and correct info.

If you find inaccurate information in the FAQ or have news and pictures that I haven't added, either post it in the thread or PM it to me, and I will add it if I think it's appropriate.

Quick Explanation of VMF-type dolls:

VMFs are 48-50cm height dolls that use the Obitsu skeleton as a base internal frame. They started out as lightly-modified Obitsu body and face sculpts, some of which had painted eyes, but quickly changed to become more heavily-modified sculpts that use a wig and interchangeable eye system.

Unlike the default Obitsu 48-50 body, VMF dolls have different sculpted proportions and body shapes despite being exactly the same on the inside of the doll.

They were first produced by the company "Yamato" under the name "VMF50". Yamato also had a collaboration with a side-company called "RealArtProject" which made a line of dolls together under the name "Dollcore".

In 2013 Yamato rebranded themselves as "Arcadia" and started a new line of VMF-type dolls called "Angel Philia", but they continue to work with RealArtProject on a new sideline of dolls, which are now called "Pink Drops".

(sidenote: i believe that RAP is actually copyrighted to or owned by in Arcadia in some way, but can not confirm this)

This FAQ contains more detailed information on the differences between these dolls, how to buy them, etc. Disclaimer: Information may not always be up to date, and the FAQ itself is still an incomplete WIP.

Official links are below. You can find unofficial links throughout the FAQ and near the end of it:

http://angel-philia.com/ (Angel Philia official mainsite & website shop)

http://arcadia.ac/ (Arcadia official website)

http://ameblo.jp/tommy-ac/ (official Angel Philia blog)

https://twitter.com/ANGEL_PHILIA (Angel Philia twitter)

http://thewonder.it/Tommy (AP photos and previews)

http://realartproject.x.fc2.com/index.html (RealArtProject official mainsite)

http://realartproject.cart.fc2.com/ (RealArtProject official webshop)

7381401274_f1ff3c6f60_z.jpg

aya-p by ___rei, on Flickr

(Doll Type: VMF50 Shiho, photo is taken by me, of my own doll)

1 - What makes VMF dolls so special? What are they like?

They are vinyl (soft plastic) dolls that use the Obitsu 48- and 50- cm inner-frame (plastic skeleton) and are made from modified Obitsu parts.

The designers at Yamato (now known as Arcadia, affiliated with R.A.P.) design modifications to the dolls' body and head sculpts, and then the Obitsu company manufactures the special modified parts on behalf of Arcadia and RAP.

This means that many VMF dolls have unique faces or body types and shapes which are copyrighted to the respective companies and artists involved in their design.

The earlier, prototype VMFs were a lot less modified and some of them used almost all default Obitsu parts, but the later-on productions have increasingly modified face and external body appearance, despite still technically being Obitsu-type dolls.

The default Obitsu 50cm internal frame looks like this - (although it should be noted, hands and feet are easily removable and interchangeable despite the indication of the photo) -

Vpm827m.jpg

(ref photo was taken from http://www.junkyspot.com)

Most recent VMF-type dolls (the Angel Philia and Pink Drops lines, as well as some of the Dollcore and the last VMF50 Original Concept Girls) now use the 48cm skeleton, but the difference is very marginal and should only affect part-swapping in a minor way, depending on if you want to customize your doll's body shape or not (more details on that later).

VMF dolls caught my attention after I saw photos of VMF50s on a Japanese image board. I thought their faces were really fun and beautiful, and now that I own several, I can vouch for the fact that their bodies are very sturdy, versatile and posable as well as being more detailed than default Obitsu types: Most VMF dolls come with make-up and full body blushing by default, and their individual proportions of their bust, torso, legs, and in some cases the arms and feet, are sculpted differently to the default Obitsu 48-50 blank body, in a stylized manner.

They also do not break as easily as resin dolls such as BJD, and the Obitsu inner frame is (in my opinion) superior to the DD/MDD internal skeleton in quality due to it's sturdiness and feeling of being more structurally sound and balanced.

None of my VMF dolls have yet suffered the looseness or "floppiness" that can occur with some DD bodies, and definitely have not had any internal breakages like the MDD body is notorious for. Only time will tell if they hold up to this, but overall I consider the Obitsu body to be my preference.

Because they use a plastic skeleton and not an elasticated system, they are also better at holding poses and standing unassisted (*with the exception of dolls using the "High Heel" feet option - these usually require stands unless you swap out the HH feet parts for flat feet or put them in shoes with wide, thick, flat soles), so for the purposes of display or photography they're also very convenient and enjoyable.

2 - What size and shape are VMFs? How can I customize them? What special features do they have?

As the name implies, when they were first marketed as the "VMF50" line, the majority of the dolls were ~50cm in height. Later on in production (shortly before the brand name change) the company experimented with using 48cm Obitsu frames and mostly gives preference to using this frame now.

One thing that differentiates VMFs from other equivalent Obitsu-type dolls is that their outer parts are manufactured to different sizes than standard Obitsu parts (despite maintaining being proportionate to the O48/50 frame - they have to be in order to fit it, of course)

You can part-swap any part of a VMF that you can part-swap on the default Obitsu frame: This means their heads, bust, arms, hands, hips, legs, and feet are all interchangeable. However, because of the modifications made to the parts, you should look at the part-swapping image chart & guide if you intend to do this:

MXhiEoL.png

> http://i.imgur.com/0b8ORkF.png <

(The chart is updated periodically by me and also contains some useful notes to help with understanding the differences between the dolls)

The other reason it is important to account for the different "sizing" of VMF outer parts is that different dolls will require differently-sized clothing depending on the proportions (width/cirbleepference) of their individually modified parts. There is a guide to clothing your doll according to her body shape and parts later in the FAQ. For the purposes of reference, all VMF parts (including their heads) are referred to by different letters and numbers (see the chart above for more info on that).

VMFs are also available in special tan skintones as well as the default Obitsu "white" skintone, which is another thing that separates them from the standard Obitsu-type doll.

All VMFs, with the exception of some early releases and the "Super Sonico" dolls, have an interchangeable eye system and wear wigs in a size 7~8 (this will vary slightly depending on the wig brand, elasticity of the band, and whether you use a wig cap or not. technically they have an average head cirbleepference of 7").

Also with the exceptions of some "special sets" and some of the older dolls, you can expect most VMFs to include the following when purchased as a fullset box:

Doll, complete with body blushing, default company face-up, one pair of colored eyes (plastic, usually Obitsu/Parabox brand), and at least 1 pair of "option hands" in a different pose.

Most VMF dolls use default Obitsu feet, which contain magnets. If the doll comes with Obitsu magnet feet, then a magnetic stand is also included in the box.

Lately, they have sometimes used "High Heel" feet in place of Obitsu magnet feet, and the variety of option hands included with newer releases may be different to those included with older releases. Because the hands and feet are interchangeable, you can buy different ones if you do not like the ones that come by default, but note that if a doll comes with "High Heel" feet then she will *not* include the magnetic flat feet as an option part and will not come with a stand. These must be acquired separately.

It is not standard for a fullset box to include any clothing or wigs, with certain exceptions, such as special character dolls or special release versions, etc.

Going back to their height - kymaera has provided a great size comparison photo featuring his VMF50 Nao doll. Nao has the Type E body, 3rd from left -

size_matters.jpg

3 - Where can I buy VMF50 dolls? How much do they cost?

On average you can expect to pay $450~$650 for a doll if you are buying it directly from the company (prices vary per doll, and may also depend on S&H, additional proxy fees, tax, customs fees, etc).

Most VMF dolls and accessories/clothing products are limited runs. Some sell out faster than others, and rarely there will be a reproduction run, but otherwise they may all be considered "limited edition".

It is now frequent for them to also make "variant" editions of some dolls (for example: there may be a doll with the same or similar face sculpt as another, but different make-up, skintone, or body type, or some other modification to differentiate it).

In general it is wise to consider that stock availability of everything officially manufactured is fairly limited. This means that prices of popular dolls and items may rise on the second-hand market over time, according to demand and rarity, and that the second-hand market is the prime way to acquire a sold-out doll, outfit, or accessory. Of the ~5 dolls I currently own, only one of them is not second hand, and I purchased her during a company reproduction run (which very rarely happens).

If you spend a lot of time checking on Yahoo Japan Auctions (aka YJA / YAJ), you can sometimes find auctions for dolls with a starting bid of around 20,000 JPY (roughly $200). Depending on if the doll is in high demand or if a bidding war breaks out, the end price of these auctions might be around 30~40,000 JPY on average, but rarely ever goes higher than that. as a rule of thumb, i would consider any doll that you can find for under 30k yen to be a "good deal".

Some dolls will simply not drop in price very much at all though, or may even raise in price. There are certain VMFs that you can't realistically expect to pay less than ~$800 for unless you get a very lucky deal or buy the split part of the doll you want (such as the head) and then buy a compatible body or body parts separately to construct her.

Mandarake also stocks second-hand VMF dolls. These tend to be closer to (or in some cases, slightly above) retail price, but Mandarake items tend to usually be in very good condition even if they are marked as used or second hand.

If you don't live in Japan, you'll probably need a proxy service to buy anything off YJA, but Mandarake will ship internationally without any kind of middleman needed.

The official Arcadia/RAP web shops listed at the start of this FAQ also require use of a proxy service to place an order.

If you don't have a proxy service or can't get one, VMFs sometimes appear on Ebay, but they tend to have a higher price mark-up and limited selection of dolls available.

HLJ (HobbyLinkJapan) is another site you can order from without needing a proxy. They're currently clearing out their stock of old Yamato/VMF items and it is currently unknown if they will restock with Arcadia/RAP dolls and items, so stock may be limited at this time.

I have seen (and once purchased) VMF dolls advertised internationally on the Den of Angels Marketplace, Flickr, Figure.FM,and some other general anime/figure websites may carry them from time to time if you keep an eye out.

Finally: If you have a proxy service that allows you to purchase from Taobao (a Chinese marketplace website similar to Japan's Rakuten) then I have seen some VMF dolls appear on Taobao from time to time. I have never purchased a doll from a Taobao seller but "recast" or "fake" VMF dolls do not exist, so that should not be a concern, although you may have to deal with markup pricing.

Note - I have received questions about how to use "proxy services" multiple times now. Although there is already plenty of information on the general DollfieDreams forum regarding proxy services (due to the fact that many people use these services to buy DDs), I wrote up a post in this thread with a short guide to what a proxy is and the pros/cons of using such a service. You find that post here -

http://www.dollfiedreams.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3723&start=150#p105781

4 - Where can I buy clothes, shoes, and accessories that fit my VMF50? How should I choose what to buy?

Yamato/Arcadia and R.A.P. have produced full lines of accessories, wigs, clothes, shoes and other sets for their dolls (available on the official and above mentioned websites), but these can range from fairly to extremely expensive ($40~$100 per item, including minor items such as props) and are also usually tailored to a 'niche' style - VMF dolls are primarily marketed as being 'sexy' dolls, and most official clothing and accessories reflect this brand image.

It is notable that R.A.P. tends to sell what are sometimes explicitly sexual and more risque items from time to time, while Arcadia/Angel Philia sells more toned down, suggestive yet not quite as 'fetishistic' outfits.

sF2N5QJ.png

ZvOu9Or.png

If the clothing styles of the official brands or the pricing puts you off, have no fear. This part of the FAQ will guide you to alternative options if you are looking for a lower price and/or different style for your doll.

Regarding official items: I own a few of them from 2012 (Yamato produced), and the quality is what I would describe as "average" (I cannot comment on any quality changes in 2013).

Their high pricing can be justified due to their limited availability, and also the fact that they are often fairly unique designs "exclusively made" to fit the dolls, but the actual quality (fabric, sewing, craftsmanship) of the items is not exceptionally better or notably worse than many other brands of doll clothing & items from other companies or stores.

If you see an outfit or accessory that you feel you can't find anywhere else in the correct scale for your VMF doll, I recommend buying it as long as you don't mind the price - the money goes towards supporting the companies, and they do have to make a profit or else there is no incentive to keep producing the merchandise and dolls.

However, if you see something that isn't very unique, I recommend looking for a cheaper alternative elsewhere, as it may be possible to find something similar with a near-correct fit for half the price at a similar level of quality.

Since I already linked to where you can buy official clothing at the start of the post (note: aside from their webshops, some international sites I mentioned such as HLJ and Mandarake carry a selection of official goods, and these also appear on YJA sometimes) the other links in this FAQ will point you in the direction of alternative clothing and accessory options.

*Important Note*.When purchasing clothing for your girl, always consider her body type and whether the fabric the clothing is made of is stretchy or not, and whether any waistbands, sleeves, etc are elasticated!

Depending on the item itself compared to the body type of your doll, clothing that may fit one type of VMF could be impossible to get on another.

Also consider the height of your doll in relation to the design of the item of clothing - I have fitted items on my dolls designed for 40cm - 60cm DD/BJD/etc, but it entirely depends on what type of item the clothing is and how it is made and cut that determines a fit or not. If you have any light sewing skills, it's also easy to modify a lot of clothing to fit.

Below is a guide to which dolls have which body types and their respective measurements.

It currently only covers VMF50s - it will be updated soon to cover Dollcore, Pink Drops, and Angel Philia dolls, and hopefully include much more detailed information. < This is on my 'To-Do' List.

In the meantime, I took all the info below from http://leonellalovesdolls.blogspot.com/. It matches up to the dolls that I personally own, so it can be considered fairly accurate.

The list is sorted by body type, and below each type the names of the corresponding dolls can be found.

---

Type A ~50cm

Bust: 24cm, Waist: 13.8cm, Hip: 21.2cm, Thigh: 15.1cm

Super Sonico Mascot

Super Sonico Tiger

Type B ~50cm

Bust: 23cm, Waist: 13cm, Hip: 21.9cm, Thigh: 14.6cm

Kan'u (Ikkitousen) Nurse

Kan'u (Ikkitousen) School Uniform

Miu (Original Concept Girl #1)

Miu (Original Concept Girl #1 - Tan Skin)

Miki (Original Concept Girl #3)

Type C ~48cm

Bust: 19.5cm, Waist: 13.8cm, Hip: 21.5cm, Thigh: 13.6cm

Sayo (Original Concept Girl #10)

Type C1 ~48cm

Bust: 16.8cm, Waist: 13.8cm, Hip: 21.5cm, Thigh: 13.6cm

Mako (Original Concept Girl #11)

Kana (Original Concept Girl #12)

Type C11 ~48cm

Bust: 24.7cm, Waist: 13.8cm, Hip: 21.5cm, Thigh: 13.6cm (approx.)

Miko (Original Concept Girl #13)

Type D ~50cm

Bust: 20.8cm, Waist: 12.3cm, Hip: 20.5cm, Thigh: 13.5cm

Risa (Original Concept Girl #2)

Type E ~50cm

Bust: 21cm, Waist: 12.2cm, Hip: 21cm, Thigh: 14cm

Yumi (Original Concept Girl #4)

Nao (Original Concept Girl #6)

Eri (Original Concept Girl #8)

Type F ~50cm

Bust: 19.5cm, Waist: 12.1cm, Hip: 21.7cm, Thigh: 14.2cm

Ami (Original Concept Girl #5)

Miho (Original Concept Girl #7)

Type G ~50cm

Bust: 24.7cm, Waist: 13.0cm, Hip: 22.5cm, Thigh: 14.5cm

Shiho (Original Concept Girl #9)

-----

Note that the first VMF girl ever made, a character doll of Lynn Minmay, apparently uses an unmodified Obitsu50 body and doesn't appear to have an altered body type like the other dolls.

Also note that dolls which aren't part of the "Original Concept" line are usually character dolls based on existing franchises.

The good news is that VMFs all take the same shoe size (note - the new dolls with special High Heel feet may be an exception to this, currently unconfirmed, but otherwise the majority of them have a default Obitsu foot measurement) and all dolls should take roughly the same wig size (as stated above, a 7~8 wig is recommended, but fit may vary depending on the brand and wig type)

Plenty of off-brand shoes and wigs fit. I mostly use wigs from the Monique Gold brand, but i also have several Dollmore & Crobidoll wigs that work.

Any shoes designed to fit Unoa, Minifee, and Dale Rae all are usually a confirmed fit as well.

Below is a copy/pasted (now edited) post of mine from later in this thread that provides all the information on unofficial VMF size clothing I can provide right now:

Janeway asked me what type of clothing would fit her Type F body doll. I have a Type C doll (Sayo) who has very similar measurements to Type F (i mistook her for Type F until i actually checked the measurement charts since the difference is extremely minimal)

Type F, C, and C1 are the slimmest body types as of updating this, as a result they are more likely to fit into clothing for <50cm height dolls. For dolls with larger chests and the more curvaceous body types with wider hips and thighs, please keep in mind that they are more likely to take 50cm< clothing unless the <50cm clothing you choose is very stretchy or baggy.

If you are dressing a doll in a shirt, bra, or most kinds of skirts and dresses, you can remove her arms from their sockets (this takes <10 seconds to do and they slot back in firmly yet easily) and slip it over her head. However, if you want to put any items such as panties, regular pants or shorts, or certain skirts & dresses on the doll by putting them on over her legs, they must be able to fit around the widest part of the doll's lower half - which surprisingly, is not her hips or her butt, but actually her upper thigh area (example pic coming soon).

VMF dolls can be recognized by the unusual sculpting of their thighs. The upper thigh curves out widely from the hip joint to create the aesthetic appearance of a curvaceous "thigh gap", and cannot be slotted in and out with the same ease as the arms. I have a few skirts that would fit my dolls around the waist perfectly, but because they are not elasticated, they cannot stretch over the upper thigh area without risk of being ripped or torn.

This is why elasticated, stretchy material is preferential when picking your outfits.

List of US/English websites that stock clothing/accessories/wigs that fit VMF dolls (note that not all sites guarantee fit especially because some will only fit certain VMF bodies - therefore mileage may vary. Read the comments and do your own research or ask a question in this thread if unsure about a product you want to buy):

http://www.hlj.com/- Aside from clearing out their old VMF50 official goods stock, this site carries other brands of clothing for ~50cm height dolls. Use the keyword search "50cm" or "Obitsu" in the correct category and then check the box to show only available items, as they almost never delete things that are permanently out of stock. You may want to keep it unchecked if you want to look at their items on backorder though, and if you explore the site you may find they sell clothing for slightly shorter or taller dolls as well that may be a potential fit.

I've bought from HLJ a lot over the years and they have always provided me with a good reliable service.

http://www.parabox.jp/eng_new/ - I purchased from Parabox once recently and was really happy with the quality of everything I bought (which included wigs and clothing). They're an official dealer for Obitsu products and you will find plenty of things that fit VMF dolls here.

http://www.amiami.com/ - I get my anime figure pre-orders every month from AmiAmi and they are very reliable as a business. Use they keyword search "50cm doll" to find their clothing, although like HLJ, you can look at clothing in slightly different height ranges if you can find it.

http://www.ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/ - i'm probably one of Mandarake's most loyal customers and like HLJ they stock obitsu and vmf50 items; use the keyword オビツ to find Obitsu clothing, and type vmf50 in English to find dolls and accessories relating to VMF dolls.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/doll/ - i never actually purchased from Hobby Search but they have a really wide selection of clothing that should fit. look at the sidebar and you will see at least 3 categories for ~50cm clothing. like HLJ and AmiAmi they do not delete out of stock items from the website and many items are so popular you have to reserve them or pre-order them.

http://www.dollmore.net/ - in general all Dollmore clothes are made for "slimmer but not *slim*" SD/MSD type dolls unless it's their Model doll line.

i have ordered from them many times and most of their standard MSD clothing fits, but some of it does not (mostly i've had good luck, but sometimes the fabric of the material changes the fit). luckily, they list the measurements in CM for almost every item of clothing, so just check these measurements against your girl.

if the clothing is stretchy, it is a very likely fit (i purchased MSD capri leggings for my MiniFee dolls from them and the same leggings fit my Type C Sayo - they will be too small for a doll with wider measurements though)

on page 1 of this thread kymaera posted showing his VMF50 Nao doll (Type E) wearing 3 Dollmore MSD outfits and they fit very well on her, but please note that they were made of stretchy material.

http://www.dollheart.com/- I ordered 2 pairs of DH shoes, and found that one pair was an "almost perfect" (slightly but barely noticeably oversize) fit, and that the other pair technically fit (due to being a pair of long boots) but was actually scaled to a doll with larger feet. so be warned that while in general you will probably get a fitting pair of shoes, sizing may vary with design.

DollHeart wigs (i own 2 as well) are good quality and can fit VMFs, but the sizing will always be a tiny bit off. If you buy the 6.5-7.5" wigs, you will REALLY need to stretch out the elasticated band to get it on the doll's head, and you cannot use a wigcap, but it does work. If you buy the 7.5-8.5" wig, they will be a tiny bit too big, but if you trim the bangs and use a wigcap will be a perfect fit. They also fit and look fine without a wigcap too, but be warned that they will slip off easily due to being ever so slightly too big. I personally prefer the larger size, but purchase at your own risk.

I have been told that DollHeart MSD clothing can fit some VMF dolls but can not confirm this right now.

http://www.etsy.com has a lot of stuff too; just do some searching (use keywords like MSD or even 'slim MSD' depending on what you are looking for). if the measurements of clothing are not shown, it is a good idea to contact the store owner and ask for the measurements, and in many cases Etsy sellers will do custom adaptions or commissions scaled to the measurements of your doll if you request them politely. Etsy prices and policies obviously vary from individual store-to-store.

you are also free to look on Ebay - sometimes searching for "VMF50" will yield slightly marked up but specially fitted clothing as well as the occasional doll.

some of the specific Etsy/Ebay stores you can see my dolls wearing fashion from in this thread are -

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TNTdollclothing - i own shirts & tops from this store in their MSD size and they fit both my Type C (very slim) and Type G (curviest VMF50). their MSD pants will fit bodies with the smaller and slimmer hip/thigh measurements ONLY.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/beachgirlnikita- one of my favorite US doll clothing makers, i buy clothes from her for all my dolls a lot (and her fur wigs too). however, not all of her clothing will fit VMF type dolls. again i recommend asking about the size measurements of an item if it interests you. her fur wigs tend to be of very good quality, but are not always a 100% perfect fit on a VMF (they are hand sewn and i have noticed sizing can vary somewhat, plus fur wigs are usually not elasticated)

BNK also has an Ebay store under the same name if you prefer to use Ebay, and is a very friendly person to buy from.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/violetheavensky - I adore her (MSD size) shirts and stockings, as well as her knit/crochet hats for MSD which fit over most of my wigs snugly but perfectly. Everything I have bought from her fits both my C (slim) and G (curvy) type dolls. You can see my dolls wearing hats, shirts and stockings from her later in this thread.

http://stores.ebay.com/releaserain- Go to their "MSD Unoa" section for shoes that fit. I do not know if their MSD clothing fits or not, but I love their shoes. I have only had 1 pair out of about 8 pairs i bought not fit (they were slightly too big). All others were perfect fit.

update: releaserain now has an etsy store as well, just do a search for their name to find the link.

obviously, if you have a proxy, there is a treasure trove of stuff on Yahoo!Japan which includes a mix of official and unofficial clothing items and accessories.

Keywords you can use when searching Japanese shop and auction sites to find dolls and (possibly) compatible clothing include (separated by comma):

VMF, VMF50, UNOA, ユノア, 50cm, 48cm, VISUADOLL, Obitsu, オビツ, RealArtProject, Pink Drops, Dollcore, Angel Philia, AP

The Japanese word for "doll" can be spelled as 人形 or ドル. Search results may change depending on which spelling you use, and sometimes they even use the English "doll". So "50cm doll" "50cm ドル" "50cm 人形" etc could all give different hits.

Keywords such as DD, DDdy, MSD will sometimes yield good results but be very careful when buying, as many of these items will not fit your VMF unless you check the measurements with the seller or read them on the auction page, and descriptions of the item are often vague.

note: Japanese like to list a lot of items under the English (romanized) name, but sometimes sites like Mandarake or sellers on YJA either mis-spell the name or only use the Japanese name (if there is one- for example, VMF50 is never spelled using Kana). As above, sometimes searching in English will yield different results to searching the same word or name in Japanese.

List of other "non-official" Japanese websites that sell clothing and other items suitable for VMFs (note that when prices are mentioned, these do not factor in shipping, proxy fees, customs tax, etc):

http://www.addamstown.net/webshop/ - they manufacture unique and limited runs of clothing specifically fitted to different VMF body types, aside from also regular MDD/DD/DDdy clothing (some of which may also fit certain VMFs). Prices can range from 3,000-9,000 JPY per outfit usually.

http://tcdoll.shop-pro.jp/ - many 50cm doll outfits, most of which are tailored to VMF50 bodies. (also sell clothes for DD etc). Average prices are 4,000-6,000 JPY per outfit.

http://doll.shop-pro.jp/ - looking for unique wigs? This site sells wigs for many types of dolls, but specifically has a category made to fit 50cm dolls and frequently uses VMFs as models. The category name is "7inch(オビツ50)ウィッグ". Other categories marked as 7 or 8 Inch are probably not a guaranteed exact fit. Prices for VMF wigs are usually around 3,100 JPY.

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/tougenkyou/tokubai/doll.html - the webshop of "Visuadoll", which is actually another Japanese brand of modified Obitsu 50 dolls (though difference in appearance and aesthetic to VMFs). They also manufacture their own special clothing. Since their clothing is meant to fit O-50 bodies, many of it is compatible with VMFs.

http://www.cuties.co.jp/ - make a variety of doll clothing, but specifically have a section that caters to 50cm "slim" VMF/Obitsu type dolls. Limited selection, mostly underwear sets, bikinis, and basic underwear or lingerie such as pantyhose.

http://beface.shop-pro.jp/- limited selection of what appear to be OOAK, hand-sewn, full outfits for 50cm/VMFs as well as other dolls. prices are around 15,000 JPY for an outfit.

a few more tips for fitting to different body types -

VMF dolls that are very busty with wide hips are capable of wearing most DD and SD size clothing without issue. my Type G Shiho wears lingerie for the Dollfie Dream Dynamite bust (note: while DDdy bras fit her near-perfectly, DDdy panties are oversized), and she also wears leggings, dresses, and bikinis from Coolcat-Coolcat - http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/home.phtml - all of which were made with Dollfie Dreams in mind.

Sidenote: If you have a proxy service, there's sometimes a larger and cheaper selection of Coolcat items on YJA.

Remember that due to their height, VMF50 have shorter legs and arms than SD and DD dolls. if you are buying long stockings, pants or want a shirt or dress that has long sleeves, it is better to buy clothing specifically for dolls below 60cm to avoid buying something that is over-sized.

VMF dolls that are slim such as the F & C Types can often get away with wearing more MSD or MDD sized clothing. If buying an item with long sleeves, you may want to check the sleeve length, as VMF arms are ever so slightly longer than many MSD/MDD arms. The same applies to pant length if buying long pants.

Final word of warning though.... If dressing them in thin fabrics, pad their nipples!. It varies from doll to doll, (bust type and shape often are drastically different) but some VMFs have VERY pointy nipples (I'm not kidding). There are a few exceptions to this, but it mostly holds up. I had a thin fabric shirt ruined after my Shiho doll poked a hole in it with her nips.

To prevent this: I use a piece of bandage with a safety pin sometimes, but any thick fabric or fitting bra made from padded material should also help prevent damage to delicate clothing. As long as you don't leave them on for too long (to avoid sticky "bandaid residue" being left on your doll, although if this happens just wipe them down with a wet cloth), 2 square cut-outs from a bandaid can serve as a makeshift pair of pasties.

If for aesthetic reasons you want the nips to show through a thin piece of clothing (as seen in some official promo shots), be aware that the clothing may be semi or permanently damaged by this over time, especially if it is extensively worn or if it is very tight.

7041852149_c3e00b353b_z.jpg

5 - As mentioned, there's currently some missing information and a few minor info points that need to be changed in this post. I'm editing it to be more up-to-date when possible.

Have any more questions? Please ask away and either I or someone else who checks this thread will do our best to answer. If you want view the latest news and discussion, I recommend going to the final pages of the thread.

If you're unsure about a Japanese-website purchase, you can also ask for help with that as long as you make sure your question was not already answered in this FAQ or the post about proxy services.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

kymaera

You may want to stalk Mandarake as they get VMFs in stock quite often. I got my Rinrin (Nao) there. Can't access it here at work to check, but worth looking there.

I'd be a bit hesitant to say that DD clothes "fit" VMF50s. They are generally big on them, so it will vary a bit whether they actually look good on them. But you do have Obitsu 50cm and Azone FAR clothes that fit them nicely. When I was in Japan earlier this year, the Azone store was an expensive stop where Rinrin got a lot of clothing. Yamato clothes definitely are slut-tacular and expensive. They definitely have their niche market and cater to it. Oh, and Dollmore MSD clothes can fit them, but only if they are stretchy or baggy. VMFs are kinda between MSD and SD sizes...I call them a "1:3.5" scale

leitan

yeah, i actually have been checking Mandarake quite a bit - Eri and Nao continue to tempt me, but i really want Sayo. just waiting for her to pop up somewhere.

sorry, to clarify about the DD vs MDD clothes... it's possible i have that perception because i have Shiho, and her chest is huge - it measures 25cm which i'm pretty sure is as big as some DD chests. her arms are too short to wear long-sleeved DD stuff but a lot of MDD clothes i tried to put on her would not fit in the chest or hip area (she has a lot of junk in the trunk too)... you are right that certain MDD stuff fits as well though, maybe it just depends what it is?

Sayo looks a lot slimmer and has a flat chest so, maybe her measurements and fittings are completely different and what i stated is misinformed for a generalization.

i totally agree they've found a niche market and that's fine - heck i actually do like some of the official clothing line, such as the 'heart wand' props (which cost over $100! for a prop that is essentially a stick with a heart on the end...), as well as the sneakers and hoodie dresses. but those are like $50-80 on average. i'd pay that money for an elaborate doll outfit, but for something more simple and casual it feels a bit like a rip off, so i've held off buying for now.

1:3:5 scale works, so does..."well, isn't this scale a pain in the ass. maybe i just feel that way because i accidentally picked the doll who has the figure that is hardest to find fitting clothes for. i'll have to check out the ones you recommended.

wotafarce

Have been looking at trying to get one of the VMF girls for a while now in fact one of them is one of my unicorns

I have been looking for the Type B body Kanu, in the school uniform, not the nurses uniform but they are quite rare.

A lot of people do not like the B body as it looks very muscly, and there are very few people post about them anywhere.

maybe one day though

Your girl looks amazing, have to say am quite jealous of the owners on here.

Alphakitty

She is lovely! I think there are some really pretty VMF50's out there, I am always tempted to get one... how do they compare size-wise to the Azone 1/3 girls (which are smaller than a DD for sure)?

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

kymaera

@Alphakitty: If you're talking the 50cm Azone, then this should be roughly the same size. VMF50s are 50 cm.

@leitan: Yeah, chest/hip wise, they are more DD/SD sized, but height/waist, they are more MDD sized. From what I've read, stretchy/baggy stuff works. Btw, I'll keep an eye out for Sayo and PM you if I see one.

Bit of photo spam here as I post some things that fit:

loo2_44.jpg

loo2_41.jpg

loo2_40.jpg

Outfits from TCDoll. They sell on YJ a lot.

loo2_29.jpg

Azone skirt here. Top is a Dollheart DD sized shirt.

loo2_26.jpg

Azone outfit

loo2_2.jpg

Azone shirt.

ma13.jpg

Sasara's DDy To Heart outfit. It's obviously a bit big on her.

pb1.jpg

DD Steampunk outfit. It's a bit big, but worked out that the waist piece would wrap and catch in a spot that hides the excess waist.

rr44.jpg

Dollmore MSD outfit (http://dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=4210) This is stretchy and fits...it also stains

rin1.jpg

Combo of two Dollmore outfits. The top portion of it is this military outfit: http://dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=6918

It's designed to be a bit big on MSDs, so it works. But the pants will not fit at all.

The bottom are these MSD hot pants which barely fit:

http://dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=6010

rin9.jpg

Under that, she's wearing this set which is barely able to fit due to stretchiness:

http://dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=9101

leitan
She is lovely! I think there are some really pretty VMF50's out there, I am always tempted to get one... how do they compare size-wise to the Azone 1/3 girls (which are smaller than a DD for sure)?

i don't know how they compare to Azone 1/3 as i don't own them, but since you asked, i took a height comparison picture next to my Nia DD just now. Nia is 58cm and Ayane is 50cm.

image.php?mode=medium&album_id=80&image_id=551

honestly i have this sneaky suspicion that Ayane is wider in the booty/bust area than Kymaera's RinRin. i just photographed them wearing what they currently had on - can't remember if the top she is wearing is for SD or MSD, but her gray leggings are CoolCat ones designed for Dollfie Dreams (not MDD) and they fit tight. also, i bought the dress Nia is wearing with Ayane possibly in mind as well and you can tell from just looking at the picture that it will fit her (havent put it one her yet, it's new).

also, her...boobs. they're kind of troublesome. and pointy. i really need to get some kind of padded bra for her because her nips are so pointy that when i tried to put her in a shirt made of a thin, gauzy material they literally poked a hole in it. that's just not right. heck, does anyone know if it's easy to replace the bust size on VMFs? i might even consider buying a smaller chest for her. i knew they were busty when i got her but i never realized quite how busty the Shiho model is.

wotafarce, i know the Kan'u Nurse edition is rare... if i happen to see her i'll send you a link. good luck with your search! nothing wrong with a little muscle either, most dolls look like they couldn't lift a 20lb weight without falling over (if they were real girls, i mean...)

kymaera, thanks for all your pic spam! Rinrin looks lovely and all the white outfits are very chic. thank you for listing the sources as well - it'll help me find more clothes for Ayane, although i just googled what i suspected as i was typing up this response...

according to Yamato's site, bust & waist measurements for Nao are both 21cm, but Shiho is listed as having a 25cm bust and 23cm hips. so it appears not all VMFs are created equal. maybe Shiho needs to lay off the dairy products.

edit: forgot to attach image. derp. also, seems Sayo's measurements are the slimmest, at <20cm bust and 21.5cm waist.

kymaera

Ah..I was wondering if that was the case. 20% larger does make a lot of difference. Hmm..DDs are 25cm in the bust (for L bust) and 22.5 cm, so you should be able to use DD underwear for her.

I haven't replaced any of the parts yet, but I would assume that it's no more difficult than replacing the bust on a DD.

I know what you mean about the pointy-ness. My friend keeps making the remark "It must have been cold out" when I post pictures of Rinrin.

leitan

yeah, the panties i use are the same ones my DDs wear- and that's why i stated that DD/SD dresses fit, because i have tried to get her in MDD dresses and it is just not possible with her chest. here is a bodyshot of her in a dress (sorry about the angle, only full shot i have uploaded atm) - the dress is something i bought off Etsy and it is designed to fit a 60cm SD doll. but as you can see, she's still spilling out of it up top...

7381403256_e24ac656d4_z.jpg

aya-05-crop by ___rei, on Flickr

the shoes and stockings are for MDDs, from Ebay and Etsy as well...

My friend keeps making the remark "It must have been cold out"

oh my god my s/o is the worst about this. every time he sees my dolls he laughs at her boobs (as in "i can't believe they're so ridiculous!")... also i had a male friend come over to my house and he was looking at all the displays in my room- he gravitated straight over to where she was and basically blurted out "WHY isn't she wearing a BRA?"

...to which of course the correct response is to make fun of him for being a pervert for looking at doll boobs, because that is what you do when you are friends. (and a hypocrite, because apparently i could write my own thesis about doll boobs. being female means i can uphold the double standard and get away with it though)

poor Ayane. she is totally going to end up doing what girls shamed about their big boobs IRL end up doing, which is wearing thick baggy sweaters to hide 'em.

leitan

oh, and i hope it's okay (i will delete this post if not) but i want to repost kymaera's size comparison pic from another thread, since it is much better than the one i took. the outfit on the feeple65 is soo gorgeous too.

Here's a size comparison. Left to right: DDII, DDS, vmf50 and feeple65.

size_matters.jpg

kymaera

Not a problem at all. Made it to share information, so I'm glad to see others getting interested in the VMF50s.

wotafarce

For those interested in the VMF girls, and they seem to be aimed at a certain audience, there is some good info on Dollie Sanctuary and at Tentacle Armada (nsfw),

The various bodies all use the Obitsu 50cm skeleton but the various letters type b, d, e etc denote different bodies, and the hip, waist chest sizes can vary a lot, some manufacturers of clothes specify the body type they will actually fit.

All of them are more developed and sculpted, is the only way I can describe it, than dollfie dreams or obitsus

People seem to love or hate them

It's nice to see them being discussed! And I still really really want one

leitan
they seem to be aimed at a certain audience

no kidding, let's just whisper it very loudly...

they're sluts for people who like sluts!

...but to be serious, i like the kind of sexy/cool vibe they have, i just am not into the over-the-top fetish clothing or quite how detailed certain bodyparts are. still it doesn't stop me from appreciating their looks (i really love their faces) as well as i like the kind of 'toned' look their bodies have. another reason i really liked Shiho is that she has tan skin (as do many other VMFs), which is a big appeal to me. and if you are the kind of person who likes fetish dolls, i won't judge (just kidding, i will. harshly. no really, i won't...).

anyway, we did indeed confirm that every VMF50 girl has a different bodytype and measurements, so if anyone is going to buy them bear it in mind when you are shopping for clothing and accessories.

i actually discovered these dolls accidentally when i was reading an archived doll thread from 2chan. then i ended up searching for pics of them on japanese blogs and flickr, and...yeah.

the best way to get a VMF50 doll seems to be either via Mandarake or YJA. i often see VMF girls up on both sites as well as accessories. Yamato's USA site (http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/) does currently have Risa, Yumi, Miki, Miu and Super Sonico for sale, but at prices that may or may not be overpriced - i only know regarding Shiho, but she retailed at 42,000 JPY and i paid around $500 for her on YJA (this was after she sold out officially which is why i couldn't get her at retail price). every doll on the Yamato US site is in the $600-$900 range.

here's a link to Yamato's official shop, and also their official YJA shop:

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/index.php?ca[]=0025

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/yamato-toys/vmf50.html

you can also check out their Girl Holic line of clothes for VMFs on the sidebar (scroll down) but as i complained earlier in the thread, i think a lot of the "simple" Girl Holic outfits are overpriced. the complex ones may be more worth the money, but more expensive.

HobbyLinkJapan also sells VMF50 dolls and related stuff (such as their official wigs) from time to time.

anyway, wotafarce, i hope your wish comes true.

edit: by the way, i hope this is not considered shilling as i do not know this person personally (i only happen to follow them on flickr) but they are selling their Super Sonico VMF as of last night. http://www.flickr.com/photos/27787413@N02/7546760204/

kymaera
Yamato's USA site (http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/) does currently have Risa, Yumi, Miki, Miu and Super Sonico for sale, but at prices that may or may not be overpriced - i only know regarding Shiho, but she retailed at 42,000 JPY and i paid around $500 for her on YJA (this was after she sold out officially which is why i couldn't get her at retail price). every doll on the Yamato US site is in the $600-$900 range.

The ones on Yamato USA are full sets with wigs and clothes while those on HLJ and Mandarake are usually not, so you have to take that into consideration. But yeah, they still are a bit much.

For example, I clicked on Risa who comes with a wig, outfit and boots on there for $899.99.

Cross-referencing the Japanese Yamato site, I come up with the following retail prices:

35000 yen for base body and head

~3000 yen for the wig

~5000 yen for an outfit

~6500 yen for boots

~1000 yen for socks

Total 50500 yen

Using an exchange rate of 77 yen, that would be ~$656. Even if you managed to save a lil bit on shipping, you're still paying over $200 over retail price..and as others have pointed out, their retail price is already high on clothing and accesories...and many may not be for general taste.

leitan

good informative response, Kymaera. if someone has some spare cash to spare it could be reasoned that you could pay that much... but i feel like that's unlikely. being in an expensive hobby has made me always try to get the cheapest deal, even when the deal itself is still a lot, haha.

anyway, the quest for Sayo continues. i can't believe i haven't seen a single sale for her yet - my Shiho is also "special/limited" and i see sales for her while looking for Sayo. oh well. my wallet is thanking me as i've used up my doll budget until...

August, which is tomorrow. haha.

i've also taken a weird liking to Miu, even though (or because?) she looks a bit freaky:

00.JPG

(not my pic. from http://blog.livedoor.jp/azure_toy_box/archives/1193376.html)

she has that very muscular body, i think, that the Kan'u Nurse doll also has. then again, i like Eri and Nao too, they were my original choices before i got Shiho.

anyway, now i'm just rambling. in the meantime, here's koba_2011's Sayo...

7034229439_d449739cae_z.jpg

vmf50 SAYO by koba-2011, on Flickr

leitan

oh, and to double-post, i discovered Yamato is releasing two new VMF50 Concept Girls in August (no specific date atm)

unfortunately neither of them really match my taste so i won't get either of them, i'd rather hunt Sayo or settle for Eri/Nao. however, someone else may enjoy them? their names are Kana and Mako.

Edited by Guest

wotafarce

Mio uses the type B body which is the one I am really looking for but they do not appear very often, and then its for silly money.

There have been a few VMF50s up on mandarake recently and a Nao sold in the last 2 or 3 days, I was watching her but did not have the cash handy, she had been there for a while, they currently have 2 Risas, a Miho and an Ami amongst others. Seem to be reasonably priced too.

Hope you get the girls you are looking for.

leitan

thanks - i noticed Miu and Kan'u had the same bodytype too, i hope you can find a good deal as well!

i've had a couple opportunities to buy Eri and/or Nao, they're kind of "fallback" dolls at the moment since i want Sayo most. i don't really want to spend money on them until i either get Sayo or abandon the idea of getting her. Miho is cute but she's basically a very similar clone of Shiho, so i pass on her.

i mainly check mandarake and YJA, but not every day, maybe every other day atm... i have seen nearly every VMF doll for sale it seems, except rare ones like Nurse Kan'u and for some reason Sayo is nowhere.

wotafarce

If I come across her in my searches I will let you know

leitan

@ wota - i will do the same, regarding Kan'u Nurse edition!

leitan

whelp, looks like Yamato restocked Sayo on the 28th. after like 3 days of waiting my proxy just set the status of the order to "PAID" - as opposed to "OUT OF STOCK" last time i tried to order from them. i guess with the new August girls, they dd another run of Sayo dolls etc?

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/yamato-toys/vmf50.html

ugh, please let nothing go wrong with this. seriously!

oh, and i still want this item from their store forever but... 8800 yen? for a breakable plastic stick? argh.

yamato-toys_vmf349322

baldylox

Glad to hear your stuff has been upgraded and possibly shipping!

As for this:

Oh, and i still want this item from their store forever but... 8800 yen? for a breakable plastic stick? argh.

yamato-toys_vmf349322

I know Toel Uru on FFM has one or two of those scepters/wands for his girls and it's a really cool looking piece. But what I'm interested in seeing is more of that girl holding the stick and her outfit! She looks pretty damn awesome!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

leitan

@ Baldy i think that girl is actually Shiho or Miho, which is the VMF50 i already own (they are not the same, but basically non-identical twins).. they just styled rather differently. i showed my boyfriend the VMF50 website this morning to celebrate Sayo being ordered and he said "you should be ashamed of yourself, looking at porn this early in the morning!"

here she is exhibiting some other... goods... on their site:

yamato-toys_vmf349339_2

for comparison, here's a recent picture of my own Shiho:

7599344566_a2bdd6c09f_z.jpg

90ee01bed10711e1a39b1231381911b7_7 by ___rei, on Flickr

7683897282_92fb994e3a_z.jpg

sh04 by ___rei, on Flickr

oh, and not sure if it's the same guy but someone i follow on flickr has that heart wand for his DDs. it's not that it's hard to find, it's that it's $112 freaking dollars. i shouldn't be whining though - that's like, super white people problems going on right there. i'm getting Sayo, or so my proxy confirms, and considering it took me 3 months of searching and i only even lucked out because they did a re-run....that is....very good and all that matters right now.

Edited by Guest

Till Troll

I've seen pictures of VMF50s before, and I love the range of body shapes, especially the musculature on some of the girls. But I really like the look of Shihos bust: it's very large, but is based on a much more natural shape than the DDdy bobble bust. Is there a lighter coloured/ slightly smaller bust version of Shiho's body? I was looking through the site, noticed a few of the bodies are available separately (although out of stock).

How was your experience of using a proxy? Do you need a good understanding of written Japanese?

I so do not need another doll. I have two more DD heads coming, and they join the body sharing fun of my household, by which I have ~12-15 dolls (I have lost count). But if I could find a VMF body with a slightly smaller version of Shiho's bust...

...this forum is dangerous.