Jump to content

puxlavoix

Politely Nefarious

AnnaNeko

Xiongmao

Mandie

BeyondTime

DesertPhantom51

F-15

sunlightandtea

ateliervanilla

The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

leitan

VMF50 & Angel Philia Discussion Thread (nsfw, doll nudity)

Recommended Posts

empyrean
On 1/23/2024 at 3:29 PM, Emi_memi said:

B32E79B9-C35D-44C2-8DE0-F130801A6BE7.jpeg.90f56a158640c90cd1aa4263c92e3d92.jpeg

Felt a little spicy a few days ago and decided to give my girl her very own piercing 💕 safe to say I think she likes it? Was super scary to actually pierce vinyl but since I never plan on selling any of my dolls why the heck not! Plus the nips on these big bust just beg me to pierce them 🥴 Now to get another piercing in the same size and do the other one. Such a sweet face on a naughty body 😩

She's so cute 💕 that face sculpt is definitely growing on me (I knew I wouldn't be able to stop at one AP girl). Can I ask how you went about piercing the nips + what you used? I have plans for the girl I just got and I'm torn on how to work that out, since I want to be able to dress her without worrying about the piercings falling off 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emi_memi
On 1/26/2024 at 10:04 PM, empyrean said:

She's so cute 💕 that face sculpt is definitely growing on me (I knew I wouldn't be able to stop at one AP girl). Can I ask how you went about piercing the nips + what you used? I have plans for the girl I just got and I'm torn on how to work that out, since I want to be able to dress her without worrying about the piercings falling off 🤔

So I actually pierced the soft vinyl using a sewing needle. The piercing itself I believe is 4-5mm I cannot remember. The piercing twist into itself so there is no way it will fall out but it's really tight and I gace to watch and make sure it doesn't rip the vinyl as it ages. I probably should size her up eventually. If you dont want to pierce the vinyl you can always use some glue but it will eventually fall off over time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
empyrean
3 hours ago, Emi_memi said:

So I actually pierced the soft vinyl using a sewing needle. The piercing itself I believe is 4-5mm I cannot remember. The piercing twist into itself so there is no way it will fall out but it's really tight and I gace to watch and make sure it doesn't rip the vinyl as it ages. I probably should size her up eventually. If you dont want to pierce the vinyl you can always use some glue but it will eventually fall off over time.

Thank you for the reply! I did make an attempt with glue (the tiny steel balls used for nail art make perfect piercings for that!) and while it looked really nice, dressing/undressing was a no-go as expected – maybe a stronger glue would help, but I don't want to damage the blushing.

I was worried that I would need something other than a needle for pierce the vinyl, as even the soft skin seems pretty thick in that area. That's going to be my next step attempt, then. I wonder if a pin vise + the tiniest drill bit possible would also do the trick – I know it works on resin, but I'm still unfamiliar with vinyl. In any case, thanks again! 💕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGardenGnome
18 minutes ago, empyrean said:

Thank you for the reply! I did make an attempt with glue (the tiny steel balls used for nail art make perfect piercings for that!) and while it looked really nice, dressing/undressing was a no-go as expected – maybe a stronger glue would help, but I don't want to damage the blushing.

I was worried that I would need something other than a needle for pierce the vinyl, as even the soft skin seems pretty thick in that area. That's going to be my next step attempt, then. I wonder if a pin vise + the tiniest drill bit possible would also do the trick – I know it works on resin, but I'm still unfamiliar with vinyl. In any case, thanks again! 💕

So, I actually just pierced the nipples on an H2 chest (I can attach pictures if you’re interested) using a sewing needle when I saw the post for how @Emi_memi did it. 
 

I started with a sharp/thinner needle, then worked up to a darning needle in the same hole (which was larger but more blunt). I was worried I was going to really screw up the blushing (or rip a nipple off on accident 😰) but it worked out really well!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
baldylox
3 hours ago, TheGardenGnome said:

So, I actually just pierced the nipples on an H2 chest (I can attach pictures if you’re interested) using a sewing needle when I saw the post for how @Emi_memi did it. 
 

I started with a sharp/thinner needle, then worked up to a darning needle in the same hole (which was larger but more blunt). I was worried I was going to really screw up the blushing (or rip a nipple off on accident 😰) but it worked out really well!

Definitely do share pics!  :) 

 

Billy


I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
empyrean
3 hours ago, TheGardenGnome said:

So, I actually just pierced the nipples on an H2 chest (I can attach pictures if you’re interested) using a sewing needle when I saw the post for how @Emi_memi did it. 
 

I started with a sharp/thinner needle, then worked up to a darning needle in the same hole (which was larger but more blunt). I was worried I was going to really screw up the blushing (or rip a nipple off on accident 😰) but it worked out really well!

I'd love to see it, yes! 💕

And that's reassuring, as I'm worried about pretty much the same things 😅 I'm thinking about using stainless ball head pins (the kind use for jewelry) for the piercings themselves, assuming it shouldn't stain the vinyl over time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emi_memi
19 hours ago, TheGardenGnome said:

So, I actually just pierced the nipples on an H2 chest (I can attach pictures if you’re interested) using a sewing needle when I saw the post for how @Emi_memi did it. 
 

I started with a sharp/thinner needle, then worked up to a darning needle in the same hole (which was larger but more blunt). I was worried I was going to really screw up the blushing (or rip a nipple off on accident 😰) but it worked out really well!

Yes! Thats how it was for me. No damage to the blushing just a hole in the vinyl (per usual). It's hard to aim for that tiny hole but it works in the end. The positive side is if you ever get tired of the piercing you can remove and personally I don't see the damage unless you are taking close up pics (plus you can always purchase a new bust if you want). Show pictures! Would love to see!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGardenGnome

@Emi_memi, @baldylox, @empyrean I’ll post an image as soon as I’m able! I’m still super new to the forum so I didn’t realize that I can’t post images as a part of posts yet 😔 (that or I’m linking pictures wrong lol)

I was pleasantly surprised how little the holes were in the vinyl too, if the piercings are removed I really don’t think it’d be distracting (I used rings/hoops though so they’re a bit tricker to remove once I got them in)

So far my one concern is the hoops catching on a shirt and ripping a nipple, so I’m planning to swap the chest to my back-up that isn’t pierced depending on clothes 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DreamingFish

I was looking at faithz for angel philia dolls and I saw one called Nono in the preorder section. Is she new? I've never seen her head type on any other angel philia dolls but I'm fairly new to them so I may I have missed it. I think she's super cute! I'm thinking about pre-ordering her 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ragnamuffin
17 minutes ago, DreamingFish said:

I was looking at faithz for angel philia dolls and I saw one called Nono in the preorder section. Is she new? I've never seen her head type on any other angel philia dolls but I'm fairly new to them so I may I have missed it. I think she's super cute! I'm thinking about pre-ordering her 🤔

It seems so. The Japanese page says she’s new, but the specifications for the head are practically identical to Elle/Ellie so Nono is kind of like her sister.

Preorders closed on December 25, 2023, so if FaithZ is still offering her, it means they made a bunch of preorders and are offering a limited number of slots to customers.

Sometimes Mandarake also offers new Angelphilia dolls for sale around the time they release (which would be April in this case) if you want to gamble for a better price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DreamingFish
3 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

It seems so. The Japanese page says she’s new, but the specifications for the head are practically identical to Elle/Ellie so Nono is kind of like her sister.

Preorders closed on December 25, 2023, so if FaithZ is still offering her, it means they made a bunch of preorders and are offering a limited number of slots to customers.

Sometimes Mandarake also offers new Angelphilia dolls for sale around the time they release (which would be April in this case) if you want to gamble for a better price.

So for the preorder on faithz does that mean even if I preorder her there's a chance I might not get her? I just got a bit confused heh. Also she releases in April? 

I'd be too nervous to wait for mandarake 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ragnamuffin
7 minutes ago, DreamingFish said:

So for the preorder on faithz does that mean even if I preorder her there's a chance I might not get her? I just got a bit confused heh. Also she releases in April?

I’m not 100% certain how FaithZ does it, but usually these kinds of companies preorder in bulk and mete out their preorders to their customers. If their bookkeeping is sloppy, it’s possible they could take your preorder after all of theirs have been filled and then they would have to cancel on you later, but usually it’s automated in their inventory system so you probably don’t have to worry.

If you really want her and don’t mind paying the markup, go ahead and preorder her from FaithZ. That might be the only way to preorder her at this point.

According to the Japanese product page, Nono is scheduled to release in April, so you’ll still have to wait a few months before she arrives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tierparkzone
59 minutes ago, DreamingFish said:

I was looking at faithz for angel philia dolls and I saw one called Nono in the preorder section. Is she new? I've never seen her head type on any other angel philia dolls but I'm fairly new to them so I may I have missed it. I think she's super cute! I'm thinking about pre-ordering her 🤔

Yes, Nono is a new release that you could preorder on the Angel Philia website in December.

19 minutes ago, DreamingFish said:

So for the preorder on faithz does that mean even if I preorder her there's a chance I might not get her? I just got a bit confused heh. Also she releases in April? 

If faithz still offers her, they likely have not sold the amount of dolls they ordered directly from Angel Philia. If you manage to place your order with them, you should receive her.

Check the release date marked on the faithz website. If she releases in April in Japan, there may be some extra delay before faithz receives them to ship them out.

 

33 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

The Japanese page says she’s new, but the specifications for the head are practically identical to Elle/Ellie so Nono is kind of like her sister.

She's officially listed as an Angel Philia T head, while Elle/Ellie is an Obitsu 50-04. It's definitely not just a mouth mod - the eye shape is different, too.

 

Edit: Ninja'd by @ragnamuffin

Edited by Tierparkzone
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ragnamuffin
5 minutes ago, Tierparkzone said:

She's officially listed as an Angel Philia T head, while Elle/Ellie is an Obitsu 50-04. It's definitely not just a mouth mod - the eye shape is different, too.

I think so too, but it clearly says:

ヘッドの規格的には、エル/エリーとほぼ同じ内容でNONOは姉妹的存在になるかなと・・・

which means the specifications for the head are nearly identical to Elle/Ellie’s. This probably refers to the shape rather than the features.

Edited by ragnamuffin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tierparkzone
43 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

I think so too, but it clearly says:

ヘッドの規格的には、エル/エリーとほぼ同じ内容でNONOは姉妹的存在になるかなと・・・

which means the specifications for the head are nearly identical to Elle/Ellie’s. This probably refers to the shape rather than the features.

Elle/Ellie used to sell well enough to warrant several re-releases, but the recent batches seemed to have stuck around for a while. They likely introduced the new head to combat market saturation. This description then probably is just to make sure to appeal to Elle/Ellie-fans.

Btw: Tommy had a Nono displayed at I-Doll vol.69 last December. Here are my photos for anyone who is still undecided:

2e4edefd2e163bdb10cd112ca0e1.jpg

21420002733ddd3e30e71ec6065e.jpg

e9585ae321a10ae5186bfbc9d402.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DreamingFish
20 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

Elle/Ellie used to sell well enough to warrant several re-releases, but the recent batches seemed to have stuck around for a while. They likely introduced the new head to combat market saturation. This description then probably is just to make sure to appeal to Elle/Ellie-fans.

Btw: Tommy had a Nono displayed at I-Doll vol.69 last December. Here are my photos for anyone who is still undecided:

2e4edefd2e163bdb10cd112ca0e1.jpg

21420002733ddd3e30e71ec6065e.jpg

e9585ae321a10ae5186bfbc9d402.jpg

Those pictures really pushed me over the edge and I pre-ordered her! I'm so excited! Thank you for the pictures 😊 it's nice seeing her in more detail. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PlasticJester

Question for a total newbie: Despite sharing a skeleton, are regular Obitsu parts not compatible with Angelphilia ones? Like, if I wanted an Obitsu torso and Angelphilia thighs. Or would it be doable with some modding? I'm guessing the answer might be "depends on the part and type".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ragnamuffin
13 hours ago, PlasticJester said:

I'm guessing the answer might be "depends on the part and type".

Pretty much, yeah. Most Angelphilia parts (namely the bust, torso and thighs) are larger than stock Obitsu ones, so if you use:

- AP bust + OB torso = gapping between bust and torso

- OB bust + AP torso = torso won’t fit into bust part unless you fold the back of the torso

- AP torso + OB thighs = could work, but most AP torsos have larger holes at the thighs, so there will probably be gapping

- OB torso + AP thighs = thighs too big, probably won’t fit

I have Type C parts, which are the smallest AP parts available, and they’re still too big to mesh with the stock OB body, so I doubt any of the other sizes work either.

That said, arms, hands, shins and feet should be compatible across both companies.

Edited by ragnamuffin
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chef_mai

ragnamuffin's descriptions are spot on.

If there's a specific combination you have in mind, between the few of us here, we can give an exact answer.

Bear in mind that even if the stuff nominally fits, the coloring of soft skin AP parts differs a bit from stock Obitsu, so the look may not be as consistent as it could be.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PlasticJester

Thanks for the fast responses! I recently got an Obitsu bust, torso, and thighs (no frame, which is something I need to worry about) and was wondering if I could replace the thighs with Angelphilia ones. I should maybe worry about just getting a full doll first ^^;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chef_mai
3 hours ago, PlasticJester said:

Thanks for the fast responses! I recently got an Obitsu bust, torso, and thighs (no frame, which is something I need to worry about) and was wondering if I could replace the thighs with Angelphilia ones. I should maybe worry about just getting a full doll first ^^;

AP thighs on the stock Obitsu torso won't fit into the leg holes for the torso. Even if they could, the thighs likely would overlap since the stock torso is so much slimmer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PlasticJester
8 minutes ago, chef_mai said:

AP thighs on the stock Obitsu torso won't fit into the leg holes for the torso. Even if they could, the thighs likely would overlap since the stock torso is so much slimmer.

 

Alright, thanks for the heads-up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy.