Singer Yuna

Baldylox

battrastard

Migon

Salica

vegablack

Arizona meet up anyone?

sinclair

It's rather cold in the breeze way, so we're going to go walk around some as no one else has showed up yet.

sinclair

So I guess no one else was able to make it. So we at least got our girls out for a photo before we went home.

KEuviia1NHQESsF8AOT5JBNdFCb_Ln_YFy0hhwO5z0J38-QJY0R_09oYg1rIKHj_IMSWK1HUVMN_ILJAWo628gWQ2zi9tPklst2GChGDOG1VHWFewN43ZU6xV7YUAk9a-8vzu44X6Pyd__yeiK0VVwCiBsq3LTQYzKYSSn4mlN1xq4vXQinRx6TtoLkw-wPn46-EaikeVFxEwFmWzx9g3kzbRfUl27Q7JFZgP-1Kcw2F78c7jVB0M6o-U6PfihVguqwjXS8-NnP3DXhYrdjJPM-nslcZLN6L1p-rQFRcvKBUckywlBDoqJexTQbaiKR69yfVn9GaRqQQUjZZ0lnVcvVuQTzBZ_zFPDvvqg8rD3GB9ucftj0he6OnSiLq0W7U5QQYYOl1VbeTl3LKQAqMFEBQKj_8aY4i2f6ax_JCquCnbk5n3wtZsomxpPwXXjOXmuYmF7GrRndKTZew3RQYZYQyi3wRjOWPCaMNVLxMGM2yeiCQ1LKuxdNiLbAOXUsTJYZO9wYjBAn4WxegTPejMMgtQGE66DDbpPF2x9fXdci-FyeKbYLICrc0Qfb6u4mtpXhaVcL_O_M1XeXIdiY6sMHgyucp-l4Y12pD82Si-ArPL1J93m0Du-YLbM424mbB4NPt-dPyahD7DtEu1AyOZ5A7LN4l-CSDkot8HAqC3Z6cEld5dAzjhQRucWtWyN1AArNjub5kGqQc_JvSCw=w1540-h1154-no

• Like 1

Poofiemus

So, do we want to take one more stab at trying to get together at the Friendship garden before it closes for the summer? April 27 should be the last Saturday before they close.

At this point I'm thinking I may just commit to going, and anyone who wants to turn up can. :lol:

Home: Agatha Heterodyne (DDDy with Option Head 03), Nanoha Takamachi, Akemi Homura (Azone), Hatsune Miku, Abby Normal (Out of Base M02), Fate T. Harlaown, Yuuri Katsuki (DDB Kirito), Viktor Nikiforov (Smart Doll Eiji 2.0) Working on: Asphodel (MDD modded 01) and Baxter (MDD modded 01)

sinclair

I put it on my calendar, but it's already a full day.  The 20th is empty, but that's Passover and some may not want to meet up that day, but it works for me.

Poofiemus

So it's been four million years since we've met up.

I know basically no one will be available this month, because holidays and all that, but there's one of those doll shows on February 1st. It's basically right down the road from my place, so unless I get sick or something, I'm very likely going.

Here's all the info:
Sat, Feb 1, 10 AM – 3 PM

It's one of those that has a lot of porcelain dolls, American Girls, etc, so it's usually good for props and accessories; clothes tend to go better if you're shopping for an MDD than a DD in my experience.

I was personally thinking we could meet up at the doll show, wander around together, and then grab a late lunch afterwards--there's a good Vietnamese place down the road from the church called Pho Dam that I like, for example.

Home: Agatha Heterodyne (DDDy with Option Head 03), Nanoha Takamachi, Akemi Homura (Azone), Hatsune Miku, Abby Normal (Out of Base M02), Fate T. Harlaown, Yuuri Katsuki (DDB Kirito), Viktor Nikiforov (Smart Doll Eiji 2.0) Working on: Asphodel (MDD modded 01) and Baxter (MDD modded 01)

sinclair

Sounds fun, but I'd be coming late as I have a different monthly club meeting in Scottsdale at 9.

Laylian

My friends and I usually try to make that one :) Apparently we missed you all last year; the vendors were saying they had seen some other dolls earlier in the day.

Poofiemus
16 hours ago, Laylian said:

My friends and I usually try to make that one :) Apparently we missed you all last year; the vendors were saying they had seen some other dolls earlier in the day.

Yeah we didn't really organize anything last time, we just kind of meandered in and out whenever it struck our fancy.

There's a good chance I'll bring one of my WIP heads, borrowing Abby's body, lol.

battrastard

So, is this a dead thread, or can we make an attempt to get together before the end of 2020? Or, make a beginning in 2021 for the “EcchiZonans” to dominate the Meet Up thread again? I’m wanting to get into bringing out the Kiddos more often, but it seems like we’re just not “all out there” like we were a few years ago.. C’mon, guys, prove me wrong! 

• Like 2

Elagabalus
32 minutes ago, battrastard said:

So, is this a dead thread, or can we make an attempt to get together before the end of 2020? Or, make a beginning in 2021 for the “EcchiZonans” to dominate the Meet Up thread again? I’m wanting to get into bringing out the Kiddos more often, but it seems like we’re just not “all out there” like we were a few years ago.. C’mon, guys, prove me wrong! 

We're in the middle of a pandemic my guy. Anyone hosting a meetup right now is out of their mind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

sinclair

Not sure why someone not in AZ is commenting on if AZ peeps want to meetup.  Even with the pandemic it would be possible to safely meet up, as long as we are outside in an open area like a park.  I'd love to meet up, but I'm not part of the ecchi group.  Perhaps we could do a one doll per person to limit contact.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, sinclair said:

Even with the pandemic it would be possible to safely meet up, as long as we are outside in an open area like a park.

As long as people wore masks and adhered to social distancing rules it should be managable, but I would suggest they set guidelines for how to handle the event ahead of time. I.e. posing dolls for group photos one at a time and then stepping far enough way for someone else to step in to pose theirs, not touching other people’s dolls, masks and gloves at all times, etc. 

I think a few other groups here have met, and haven’t reported any illness. That said, we don’t want the news broadcasting a story about a doll meet becoming a super spreader event. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

sinclair

Our group is rather small, so unless the dolls can catch it there won't be a super spreader event.  But now that it's in the 60's during the day it's too cold to go outside.

Edited by sinclair

Jezrah
31 minutes ago, sinclair said:

But now that it's in the 60's during the day it's too cold to go outside.

Oh my, that is shocking to me! If that's the case I don't think I could live in Arizona. Having it be in the 60's during the day is like early fall here in Pennsylvania, and is my favorite time of year to be outside because it's not too hot and humid. I got married outside in mid October, and it was a nice day in the mid 50's. There were jackets worn by my guests involved, but not like heavy coats or anything. Now that it's December we just had a heavy snow storm that dumped 10 inches on us. The roads are clear now, though, so it's fine. It is too cold to stay outside for long unless you're doing something physical like shoveling the snow.

Sorry I went on a ramble about my weather, I was just surprised that being in the 60's is too cold. @onion3@

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Poofiemus

As much as I would love to see you guys, I actually had COVID in October, and it SUUUUCKED. Do not recommend. Also we don't know how long immunity lasts after infection. I'm kind of wary of in-person meetups for a bit longer. 

That said, I'm totally down for a virtual meetup! Heck, maybe when vaccine starts trickling down to the general population we could use virtual meets to plan in person meets, lol. 

I mostly use Google Meet and Discord for video stuff, and I'm willing to use Zoom. . . however, I refuse to use Join.me. Had to use it for work a couple years ago and am now firmly of the opinion that Join.Me is traaaash. 

• Like 1

sinclair
On 12/17/2020 at 9:25 PM, Jezrah said:

Oh my, that is shocking to me! If that's the case I don't think I could live in Arizona. Having it be in the 60's during the day is like early fall here in Pennsylvania, and is my favorite time of year to be outside because it's not too hot and humid. I got married outside in mid October, and it was a nice day in the mid 50's. There were jackets worn by my guests involved, but not like heavy coats or anything. Now that it's December we just had a heavy snow storm that dumped 10 inches on us. The roads are clear now, though, so it's fine. It is too cold to stay outside for long unless you're doing something physical like shoveling the snow.

Sorry I went on a ramble about my weather, I was just surprised that being in the 60's is too cold. @onion3@

Normals here are 90+, so anything below 80 is jacket weather.

On 12/25/2020 at 5:33 PM, Poofiemus said:

As much as I would love to see you guys, I actually had COVID in October, and it SUUUUCKED. Do not recommend. Also we don't know how long immunity lasts after infection. I'm kind of wary of in-person meetups for a bit longer. 

That said, I'm totally down for a virtual meetup! Heck, maybe when vaccine starts trickling down to the general population we could use virtual meets to plan in person meets, lol. 

I mostly use Google Meet and Discord for video stuff, and I'm willing to use Zoom. . . however, I refuse to use Join.me. Had to use it for work a couple years ago and am now firmly of the opinion that Join.Me is traaaash. 

I've had a couple family members get it, they just lost smell and taste, so I'm glad to hear you recovered.  Video calls would be neat, but I'm not sure what to use.  I really dislike Google Meet (I'm not installing the trojan called Chrome web browser to use it.), Hangouts is (was) so much better.  Not much a fan of Zoom, but can use it.  Never used Discord, never heard of Join.me.  Anyone else use Facebook Messenger?  I've found it really nice for chatting with my model train buds.  Been a couple accidental video calls with it, and it seems not too bad.  I can do Apple Facetime as well.

FYI, I'm a member of the Scottsdale Live Steamers at the McCormick railroad park, and I own trains to ride.  We can wear masks and social distance there easy as the rest of the public can't get to the club right now.  Or we can wait until things calm down and meet up there at a latter time.