Ecchizonans

Testament

Kizuna & Chitose

Baldylox

vegablack

Arizona meet up anyone?

Poofiemus
On 11/18/2021 at 7:40 PM, Misuka said:

Definitely why I am taking requests, I think Volks are much better in person so if no one wants something to see in person (sometimes I think Volks photos doesn't do a specific sculpt justice) then I will bring lighter MDDs. But I could understand someone wanting to see something before making a leap into another doll material.

Quoting you to increase the chance of seeing this message! Again super sorry to do this, and if this makes the meet a no-go I totally understand. Still hope to see you there!

Home: Agatha Heterodyne (DDDy with Option Head 03), Nanoha Takamachi, Akemi Homura (Azone), Hatsune Miku, Abby Normal (Out of Base M02), Fate T. Harlaown, Yuuri Katsuki (DDB Kirito), Viktor Nikiforov (Smart Doll Eiji 2.0) Working on: Asphodel (MDD modded 01) and Baxter (MDD modded 01)

BeyondTime
On 12/3/2021 at 7:26 AM, Poofiemus said:

Sadly I don't have a good external flash, so unless someone else does I'm gonna be trying the "grocery bag as a diffuser" trick lololol

You can get diffusers for built in camera flash for less than $10. IMO they don’t work anywhere near as well an off camera strobe with an umbrella diffuser, but they beat the heck out of an undiffused flash unit. 

If your using a low quality flash gun on the camera hot shoe you can get diffusers that mount on those pretty cheap, and they’re still useful after you upgrade to a better unit. You can improve your results more by adding a sync cord so you can get the flash off camera, but those aren’t as cheap. 

One last option. Never tried this, but the concept is solid enough. https://thecraftingnook.com/diy-difusor-de-flash-incorporado-built-in-flash-diffuser/

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

battrastard

Phoenix Matsuri at the Friendship Gardens....

From what @Poofiemus informed me, this will take place February 26-27. (Sat-Sun) 

I'm definitely going on Saturday, and Sunday is open, depending on anyone else willing to show up.

Let's get this in the works, we've got Two whole months to prepare for it... 

I'd like to meet a lot more of you this time, because of how many AZ folks we have on this forum.... 

I'll be bringing Tana and Reimu and some props, if there's any suggestions. 

Who else is going to show?? 

Edited by battrastard

Poofiemus

Technically Matsuri is at a place called Steele Indian School Park, not the Friendship Garden. Here's their site: https://www.azmatsuri.org/

I'm a little bummed they moved it from the Science Museum, even if they clearly outgrew that space. Now we have to find a new landmark to meet at, lol. I was looking through the photos of the park on Google Reviews for ideas, maybe that big round fountain would work?? https://g.co/kgs/S1J3W8

Matsuri runs 10am to 7pm on Saturday Feb 27, and 10am to 5pm on Sunday Feb 28. I'm thinking meeting up around noon on Saturday??

Home: Agatha Heterodyne (DDDy with Option Head 03), Nanoha Takamachi, Akemi Homura (Azone), Hatsune Miku, Abby Normal (Out of Base M02), Fate T. Harlaown, Yuuri Katsuki (DDB Kirito), Viktor Nikiforov (Smart Doll Eiji 2.0) Working on: Asphodel (MDD modded 01) and Baxter (MDD modded 01)

battrastard

Ooops, my bad. I misunderstood.

No worries, though. I'm sure I can make this one, too. Tana and Reimu will come along, and I'll happily bring Kiddo Food again. 

Noon on Saturday sounds good to me.... 

battrastard

Latest update:

The Phoenix Matsuri has gone virtual this year. 

https://www.azmatsuri.org/

So, as late as this notice is, it's not really feasible to do something this weekend. 

@Poofiemus, @animagic4u and I were on the Hangouts, coming up with locations and dates before the AZ heat made it impossible to do anything until late November.... 

Here's what we found: 

Renaissance Faire. Apache Junction, going until April 3rd. 

Papago, near the Phoenix zoo. A light hike to some nifty rock formations. 

Saguaro Park in Glendale. (peacocks??) 

Anyone that has an idea, please speak up! 

As far as dates, usually, I'm good for a Saturday, due to driving up from Tucson... 

Other date issues: Mostly, I'd say well before the heat really gets here. That's usually around Mid April/Early May.. (in Tucson, that is, I know Phoenix kicks off the Summer Festivities/Oven Temps  sooner!) 

Mostly trying to see if we can get more folks to show this time. So, flexibility is a major factor for the next meet. 

Don't be shy, please, feedback is heartily encouraged! 

Edited by battrastard

Poofiemus

I'm personally intrigued by Saguaro Park tbh, in addition to peacocks there's apparebtly a few gazebos we can shelter under if it gets unseasonably toasty. 

I'm flexible most weekends, though as a warning I'll probably be groggy the weekend of March 19, because my company forces us to observe DST and that goes into effect that week UGH.

battrastard
2 hours ago, Poofiemus said:

because my company forces us to observe DST and that goes into effect that week UGH.

Boooo! To commiserate with you, towards the middle of march, or so, I'll most likely be going back to night shift, 2:15 to 10:45. 

I still will be able to make most Saturday meets, though, as long as it's not, like, at 8:00 in the morning! 

Saguaro Park is cool with me, too. (Hell, anywhere, really!!) If those gazebos are large enough, would be good for some group banner pics, I'd think. (might encourage other groups to post them, too!) 

Edited by battrastard

sinclair

Oh man, I've been missing so much it looks like. And I don't know how I missed you guys at the train park. I was there the whole day. I'm a member of the live steam club (The smaller ride on trains.) and the 1st Saturday of the month is when we run to pull the public. That being said, I do own my own equipment and can meet anyone any Saturday to do dolls and trains. I'll try to log in a bit more often to try staying in touch.

• Like 3

battrastard
On 3/20/2022 at 8:59 PM, sinclair said:

That being said, I do own my own equipment and can meet anyone any Saturday to do dolls and trains.

That sounds like a great idea! Coming from Tucson, going to Scottsdale or any other part of the greater Phoenix area is a moot point. I'd be up for another meet there, especially if getting to meet more of the Ecchizonans will happen! 

Whatcha think, @Poofiemus

Any others, if this is a go? 

battrastard
Posted (edited)

Phoenix Fan Fusion, May 27-28-29  https://www.phoenixfanfusion.com/

I'm planning to go Saturday, the 28th. (I will get there about 10:00-12:00. I'll be working nights and traveling from Tucson)

Arrangements have been made to have Tana's face reblushed, so she'll come with me to meet her "Spa Manager" there. 

Haven't looked to see if there might be a Dollfie/BJD presentation there, but I'd be willing to bring a few more. (Mochis!!) 

Will we have other "Ecchizonans" show up? 

An earlier meet is possible, between now and then, Tempe Town Lake, for those interested?

Just need a date for everyone's convenience... 

Edit, May 14th.: Ticket for the event purchased. Sat. the 28th. is a "go"... 

Anyone else going to the event have a request for which other of my kiddos they'd like to see, besides Tana? (I'm thinking of bringing at least two others, but somewhat undecided at the moment)

Edited by battrastard
  • Like 1

sinclair

Sadly my May is shot with end of the school year activities for my fleshy spawn. And that last weekend we'll be in Utah going to a Scandinavian festival. I'm hoping to be taking one of my girls dressed as a fairy to sit on my shoulder.

battrastard
On 5/5/2022 at 8:34 PM, sinclair said:

And that last weekend we'll be in Utah going to a Scandinavian festival. I'm hoping to be taking one of my girls dressed as a fairy to sit on my shoulder.

Pictures are requested! (please? your girls are very cute!)

@Poofiemus and I have been banging around some ideas for a fall meet too, so it would be in cooler weather than the summer oven season that we all love and enjoy.@onion35@

Suggestions would be welcome.