Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

eroge-maid

why do YOU like DD?

eroge-maid

dunno if this has been asked before but tell me your thoughts on why you own DD...

What do you like about them, why do you want to own them over any other doll type?

Maid-sama's DD-daughters is a family of FOUR

Panda Yoshino x Amity Hirasawa x Shiki Kiyomi x Ringo Wan-Chan

where the rainbows, butterflies and dollies are...

rukitron

I think they're very big and pretty. I enjoy the anime style.

Anna-neko

I like dolls... especially when they can be dressed in different outfits and their hair brushed into neat styles

but why DD over SD? because of reasons Saber. Plus it weighs less and kinda cheaper

DJStarstryker

Because I've always liked figures. But sometimes figures, unless you like them a whole lot, can get boring. I don't like figures that show joints, so all of the types of figures I buy have no joints or articulation. They are stuck in whatever pose the figure maker made them in.

DDs are like extra customizable figures since you can change the clothes, wig, eyes, and everything. And you don't even need to worry about possible ugly joints, because those are easily covered with clothes.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

SakuraSylph

I enjoy anime style so it was easy to buy Dollfie Dream once I got over the shock of their cost (to someone used to buying PVC figures for 1/10 as much). I like them because of how well-made the dolls, clothes, and accessories are, which makes them an emotionally engaging part of the family and classy-looking when displayed.

At the time I bought Rin I didn't even think of it as DD vs other dolls; I just liked Rin. Not being a "doll fan" first, it wasn't a conscious choice what kind of doll to get. Even once I later learned about SDs and non-Volks dolls, I still stuck with DD since I like their aesthetic the most.

SakuraSylph

Ara

I already collect BJDs (the resin brothers) for four years now, I love to photograph them and use them as base for exisiting characters. I'm very strict with them, for example the fact that their clothes have to fit their character, and I have one group that soley is tan skin and is completely black (from eyes, to clothes and wig) since they are part of a chess world and represent the black figures. That's sometimes very restricting...and also boring.

I like DDs for their aesthetic, they are so different from BJDs, and I love how they look like on photos.

It's like they jumped right out of an Anime

I love that, even though I haven't watched an Anime for years, and especially never the ones with big eyed girls.

I will mostly use my DD(s) to put them into clothes non of my BJDs can wear (colorful, pretty dresses for example) and for taking interesting photos. I want to have more freedom with my DD.

ZZ0WsD1.jpg

Amber

The first type of BJD that I ever saw and had considered getting was a Soom. I thought it was beautiful, but the price and the too-realistic features strayed me away from it...

After a while, I saw a DD and I decided that I had to have one. I love anime, I always have ever since I was very young. I love DD because of their aesthetic appearances, I like their bodies (which seems creepy, but it is true, I like the way their bodies look) and I like that they are light weight compared to other BJD types.

aiRreyes

BJDs are too matured looking for me and I just don't like them the much I love DDs. Ever since I was a kid I really loves dolls they seem to be so pretty in anyway

6853819370_62b89ea6a5_t.jpg

Home: ~Soleil~ (DD Sendo Erika) ~Lilith~ (DDS Melty) ~Quinzel~ (DDH-07) ~Haruka~ (DD Mio)

xsoverload

For me, it was just an evolution from figures to DDs. I mean, I wasn't that far off anyway with the Freeing 1/4 stuff.

But yeah, I got into DDs not because of the fact that they're dolls but it piqued my interest. I can't see myself branching out to other styles of dolls. I can see giving other anime related dolls a chance such as SQ-Labs or Yamato.

baldylox

Like many others, I began getting into DD's from collecting figures of anime girls. I really didn't do much with my Figma's and Revoltechs even tho those are highly articulated. They just get reposed every so often and sit on the shelf.

But when I saw DD's, I was mesmerized by their anime looks and the posability of them. It was like a huge Figma but with the ability to customize and change them to suit what you really wanted. Plus the size is really awesome.

So it was pretty easy for me to just ship form figures to DD's.... other than the cost. But once you break that seal on your first DD, others WILL follow. I guess that's the collector in me tho, I have to keep collecting SOMETHING, regardless of if it's toys, old coins, DD's or their clothing..... it's engrained in me and it's a sickness. LOL

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Gunter

I started off in BJD, and honestly when I first joined that hobby I thought that DD were freaky as can be. xD Later became a figure collector and after Yoko's release I knew I had to have one. I pretty much just got hooked from there on.

As for why I like them, well that's simple. ^^ I like anime and I like the aesthetic. I already had the dolly love so moving over to the DD realm wasn't a hard thing to do for me. I will admittedly choose a DD over a BJD at this point. Not always, but I say at least 75% of the time. xD

milkytea

I like the armature of the Dollfie Dream body and the lightness.

I started with Pullip dolls, learning about them because I collected My Little Pony and there was plenty of overlap between Pullip collectors and MLP collectors. From there I became interested in ball-jointed dolls and Dollfie Dreams. I bought ball-jointed dolls first, and I enjoy their design and engineering. I really like their faces, for the most part. At the time there weren't any Dollfie Dreams that appealed to me. Now that I have a Dollfie Dream as well, I really appreciate the body's engineering--I like how they can pose and the way they can hold a pose. Also, she's so much lighter than my Super Dollfie. The lack of weight is nice.

MyuMyu

I like DD because they made me feel right! I used to like BJDs since first time I saw them but wasn't until Volks released DD that I really wished to get a doll. I got my first DD eight years ago and I felt so happy. I love DD facemolds and poseability. I even love DD1 body when you know how difficult it's to do it pose but I see it so beautiful .

I can see a lot of posibilities in every DD but I prefer standar ones because I am not scared of customizing them.

Alterdan

I like it cos I like Saber then one thing leads to another.. also they are so cute.. with that anime face.. but I do get looks from people when I bring her out (I'm a guy)..

ilkaril

I found it with the help of my BJD interest and wen i started that i lived in japan i bought Amandas head to practice on and then i just loved the way she looked, it took me 3 years till I realist i want more dollfie dreams.

cutemeow
I started off in BJD, and honestly when I first joined that hobby I thought that DD were freaky as can be. xD Later became a figure collector and after Yoko's release I knew I had to have one. I pretty much just got hooked from there on.

As for why I like them, well that's simple. ^^ I like anime and I like the aesthetic. I already had the dolly love so moving over to the DD realm wasn't a hard thing to do for me. I will admittedly choose a DD over a BJD at this point. Not always, but I say at least 75% of the time. xD

I am a bit like Gunter first off with bjd then move onto DD. I fall in love with Yukino then Moe, I love their head hold and amazing at how light they are. I love I can carry them out to take pic without hurting my back too much and also I love they anime face expression.

RaveOfNightmares

I always thought the more traditional BJDs were kinda creepy, awesome, but creepy. Once I laid eyes upon the DD Akiyama Mio, I fell in love with DDs. Now I am the proud neko-papa of 17 DD girls, and 0 BJDs...

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

Coffee

I really like DDs for many reasons.

One reason being that they are poseable, and huge.

I like things that I can pose since I'm very fond of taking figurine photos. ^^;

I also love the fact that I can dress them the way I want and change their eyes and wig if I only like the face of the doll.

And they're cute anime girls, which is a pretty good reason itself, isn't it? XD

I also have the problem that I think most BJDs are too realistic and creepy, since I've never really been too keen on dolls.

Mina - DDS Millhi, Lucy - DDS Melty, Sammy - DDII Sakuno, Ellie - MDD DDH-01, Niki - MDD Mayu, Sasha - DDIII Miku

moncikoma

I like it be ause they are big, classy, love the cuteness!, easy to costumize...

And above all because of volks x anime character collaboration ...

My first DD is sakura shinguji...

Its been 12 years and volks made her...

Its just,,,WOW!! ...it is a must..its now or never situation...so i just bought it without thinking

92.000 yen at yahoo auctions,,

I just hate that it is so expensive..i think because of the price..

And because i have so many other collection such as nendoroid, figma, chogokin, hot toys, medicom, etc

I guess i can only afford 1/2 DD every 2-3 years

My next target is :

-belldandy

-sheryl nome

- yukiko amagi

gaiaswill

How do I love thee, let me count the ways:

• Cutesy+sexy anime styling vs. most resin.
  • SOFT and huggable.
  • Lighter than resin.
  • Poses better than resin.
  • Doesn't chip.
  • Resists yellowing.
  • Somewhat cheaper than resin.

Error-Chan

I guess its because I love my characters but I cant always draw them how I want to having then in real life and being able to pose them means I can do what I like with them and not need to worry that I am having a off day with my drawing.

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Remina

For me, the light weight of DD is a charming point. I love taking an outdoor shot so I would like a bit more lighter weight doll with me but a main point of wanting to purchase DD girl is her LEGS. Irresistible

masahiiro

The animated style! Especially limited ones!

stupidlamer

I like their poseability and their portability. And millhiore's shippo!

You have not enough minerals

RedLion

Besides being pretty sexy and being a huge action figure. This is the easiest way for me to have my very own character come to life....sort of. If I was skilled at sculpting and the like, I'd probably would have just settled for a blank figma or even those micromen figures, but then when I think about it, clothes are not that easy to make for such a small, small scale....

So that's what I like about DDs, my very own character.