Uriko

Singer Yuna

Baldylox

battrastard

Migon

leitan

Boston/MA Meetup Thread

leitan

just wondering if there are any collectors in MA?

i've become involved in the Boston Asian Resin BJD community/meet, and they are actually really relaxed and encourage offtopic dolls like DDs, Pullips, Blythes, etc to be brought to the meets too.... although the focus is still 90% on ABJDs, they have no strict rules. i've even been asked to bring my Rei DD to one meet! however...

i'm curious to know how many "local" DD or Obitsu collectors there are. rolecall anyone?

Edited by Guest

leitan

aww, that's too bad Neuro! well, you do have two weeks...

i've never really been into the Lolita fashion scene but i know ABJDs are popular with them.

if either of you want to come to the Boston ABJD meet this month, its in 2 days (this Saturday) from 2pm to 4:30pm. i'm not a vet in the group or anything but they are very welcoming of anyone, even if you only ever come to one meet. also as i mentioned, they don't mind offtopic dolls (one girl might bring Blythe dolls to next meet?), DDs are very welcome although i probably will have an ABJD with me this Sat...

their website is http://bjdboston.winter-born.net/index.php

meets are the first Saturday of every month, usually in central Boston (near ParkStreet, Green line stop). they have 'minimeets' too. i don't know everyone in the comm yet, just a few people who were very friendly to me when i was at a meet and chatted online.

obviously as i'm not in charge of the group i can't speak with authority, but if you register on their forums, make 1 or 2 introduction posts and say you'd like to come, they will accept you ^^

also, if 2 days notice is not your thing (tho it is every month), maybe we could have some kind of DD mini-meet if we got to know eachother? feel free to send me PMs. i live about 10-20 min drive outside central Boston and while i can't host at home i can pay for say, going out somewhere and getting a table at a tearoom etc. The last ABJD meet (that i missed) was even outside in the Public Gardens.

it would be neat too if anyone else in MA made themselves known in this thread.

Chise
I live in mass but I'm more South shore Boston is actually a little far away for me but I may try to get up there...someday!

YES, ANOTHER PERSON!!! HELLO!!! *super excited*

well, I'm in Quincy, which is technically south shore (ha ha, the most northern bit of it at least)

but if you can make it as ... hmm.. whats the furthest thing that isn't the RedLine I could get to... oh i know! If you could make it to the SouthShore mall, we could attemp to hang out. We'll totally be derps hanging out in a mall annoying the Hot Topic kids... but it could be done!

Amara77

YES, ANOTHER PERSON!!! HELLO!!! *super excited*

well, I'm in Quincy, which is technically south shore (ha ha, the most northern bit of it at least)

but if you can make it as ... hmm.. whats the furthest thing that isn't the RedLine I could get to... oh i know! If you could make it to the SouthShore mall, we could attemp to hang out. We'll totally be derps hanging out in a mall annoying the Hot Topic kids... but it could be done!

Maybe! I was thinking about making a trek to the asian mall in quincy actually.

sometimes I find cute things for my dolls there

we will have to see!

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

leitan

hey Amara, i added you on flickr! Chise is good people and i hope you guys can make some plans together. i live further away (in the opposite direction) to her but maybe we'll cross paths sometime!

leitan

woot, that makes four of us! and yeah, Chise and i were joking that we were the only east coast people with DDs...

give us an introduction, Hana!

--also, now we have Hananeko and Annaneko (that's Chise)..... the conspiracy deepens!

pichu10176

Hello, this is pretty last minute because I forgot that the first holiday for schools is Columbus day which is next Monday, but I will be planning on taking my girl out to the Boston Commons/ Public Garden for a photo shoot of her and the duckling statues. If any of you are free on that day, pm me and I'll give you my contact stuff. I love meeting new dollfie parents.

Chise
Hello, this is pretty last minute because I forgot that the first holiday for schools is Columbus day which is next Monday, but I will be planning on taking my girl out to the Boston Commons/ Public Garden for a photo shoot of her and the duckling statues. If any of you are free on that day, pm me and I'll give you my contact stuff. I love meeting new dollfie parents.

yeaaaaah, another person!! .. are you bringing a Cirno by any chance/

anyways, I got a girl, and I got a camera, and if the weather is good - I'm game to join you! (and u know, keep the bitchy asshats away... the ducklings being a major kids-trap and all)

pichu10176

yeaaaaah, another person!! .. are you bringing a Cirno by any chance/

anyways, I got a girl, and I got a camera, and if the weather is good - I'm game to join you! (and u know, keep the bitchy asshats away... the ducklings being a major kids-trap and all)

yup yup! omg i pray the weather is good...the weather has been too random for me. bitchy asshats?

Chise
bitchy asshats?

sorry, dun mean to scare! Little kids are surprisingly well behaved, but their parents will get all passive-aggressive and try to stare holes thru you if you block a certain duckling they wanna place their own spawn on... It gets kinda weird, 'cause my general rule is: if you want me to move ask me. Otherwise I will just ignored you and continue doing my thing (which in this case involved a balancing act of a doll pose, which took crazy long)

leitan

hey Pichu, i added you on AIM. i don't know for sure that i can come to the park that day but if i can i'd love to - i've been dying to see Cirno in person as i passed on her in the raffle and keep getting "didn't buy her" remorse.... it would be nice to see if she's really what i wanted or not ^^

i have two MDDs myself and Chise has one, i'd probably bring one of mine and camera if i do turn up. anyway feel free to message me on AIM if you see me - xxleitanxx