Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

mitsuki

Dollfie Dream internal frame structure and Dimensions

Janeway

mitsuki don't be sorry and if volks sold the DD2 arms as parts etc. l would try this myself.

a88_angel

As a seamstress and future first time DD owner I have got to say...THANK YOU!! Those internal frame pics and the measurements are absolutely amazing and so detailed. Thank you for taking the time to do this for fellow DD owners.

mitsuki

That is so sweet of you to say that, a88_angel. Thank you!

aiRreyes

would an outfit that has a shoulder size of 9cm and 10.5cm wouldn't fit a DDII and the one piece torso of DDS?

6853819370_62b89ea6a5_t.jpg

Home: ~Soleil~ (DD Sendo Erika) ~Lilith~ (DDS Melty) ~Quinzel~ (DDH-07) ~Haruka~ (DD Mio)

Kumi

I have a question about MDD - is there some sort of compatibility between the MDD and MDD3?

For example, if someone would want to change the MDD arms for a new MDD3 ones, will it fit?

waha
I have a question about MDD - is there some sort of compatibility between the MDD and MDD3?

For example, if someone would want to change the MDD arms for a new MDD3 ones, will it fit?

No, I don't think any parts are interchangeable. Haven't actually tried, but the MDD3 is more like the DDS/DD3 in construction.

JChiibs

What I've been wondering is how the Obitsu boy's bust will fit on the MDDIII body, if there will be any odd gaps, not as stable or something like that. I know I really won't know until Tama can get a new body and try it myself, but it would be nice to see an assembled MDDIII without the outer bust piece. I keep hoping that it will work so he (and any other MDD boys I want to do) won't forever be stuck with the MDD body and the ***** ankles.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Jezrah

No, I don't think any parts are interchangeable. Haven't actually tried, but the MDD3 is more like the DDS/DD3 in construction.

I think the arms may be theoretically possible, but it would depend on the size of the shoulder peg. I sold my original body pretty fast, so I don't have both to try it with. We need either someone who has both an MDD and an MDDIII body to try it, or for someone to provide measurements of the MDD shoulder peg. A lot of the rest of the skeleton is completely different, but the arms still attach in the same manner.

What I've been wondering is how the Obitsu boy's bust will fit on the MDDIII body, if there will be any odd gaps, not as stable or something like that. I know I really won't know until Tama can get a new body and try it myself, but it would be nice to see an assembled MDDIII without the outer bust piece. I keep hoping that it will work so he (and any other MDD boys I want to do) won't forever be stuck with the MDD body and the ***** ankles.

Here ya go.

8491626047_0b137551b7_z.jpg

8491626459_4fec335858_z.jpg

I think this body would probably work well for Tama-chan. It has nearly the same proportions, but is stronger. And you wouldn't have the hard plastic line seen under his Obitsu bust.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

JChiibs
Here ya go.

8491626047_0b137551b7_z.jpg

8491626459_4fec335858_z.jpg

I think this body would probably work well for Tama-chan. It has nearly the same proportions, but is stronger. And you wouldn't have the hard plastic line seen under his Obitsu bust.

Oh my goodness! Thank You! And yes, I really hate that line... I'm very happy to know that the MDDIII should make him look like a normal boy now. A time or two I've been tempted to erase that line in Photoshop.

~Sister Kyoya

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

aiRreyes
would an outfit that has a shoulder size of 9cm and 10.5cm wouldn't fit a DDII and the one piece torso of DDS?

anyone tried an outfit with this shoulder measurements?

Home: ~Soleil~ (DD Sendo Erika) ~Lilith~ (DDS Melty) ~Quinzel~ (DDH-07) ~Haruka~ (DD Mio)

aiRreyes

Just a question I'm aware of the difference between a DDII and DDIII but then I would like someone to explain further about the difference of the MDD and MDDIII.

Does it also have the "crack issue" with the DDIII?

Suzuna

I currently have an MDD with MDDIII arms and legs and a regular MDD torso. I may upgrade her eventually if reinforcement parts come out. It works fine!

JChiibs

That is really awesome to know Suzuna! Tamayuki's ankes need to be replaced, but I was dreading having to get him a whole new body just for that. Now I should be able to upgrade him piece by piece! YAY!

~Sister Kyoya

NekoSan22

Thank you SO MUCH for providing the MDD/MDDIII measurements, I need them to make my baby I'm saving up for a cloak in advance, so when I do get her and assemble her, she'll have something to wear.

If I randomly disappear in the conversation, don't blame me, blame my homework and real life! >0<

The mother of one much-loved DD!<3

My doll blog is Neko's Dollies!

mitsuki

You're welcome. Good luck on your project. I am sure she will be adorable.

mk13

I've just received Mariko my first DD and I need some help. From reading on here I was planning to buy her some Cool Cat reinforcement parts, but when I took off her arms her shoulder sockets look completely different from Cool Cat's photos. Rather than a solid tube it has a bit missing in the middle and looks more like a spool . Will she still fit the reinforcement parts, and even if they fit will they still protect against cracks if there is that empty space in the middle? I don't have permission to post pictures/links but it's the first photo in my flickr.

shinegamix

this is what i call the dd3 v3 shoulder bits. existing coolcat rings will not fit. according to wolfheinrich the new ones are even stronger in design. but only time will tell

making my triumphant return

mk13

Ok thanks for confirming that they don't fit. I suppose I will just be careful and see how it goes.

faustbane

Sorry if this has been asked before but I have a DDdyII with a broken torso pin. Would it be possible to buy a DDdyIII torso and put my II's arms and legs into the new torso? Or, would it not fit?

signature_zps61fd7633.jpg

jadepixel

The shoulder posts of older arms are too long to fit into the new torso part- however, it looks like you could cut about half the length off and they will fit ok. Can't be 100% sure since I haven't tried it yet. I'm not sure about how the leg parts will fit, though, since I rarely take those apart.

foo

Can a DDIII's upper body curl forward? For example, when sitting and hugging its knees. The DDS internal frame linked earlier looks like it can. Has anyone tried that with a DDS?

pharaviel

Question: can a DDii use arms from a DDiii and MDD use arms from the MDDiii?

Question is because i don't see spare arms (skeleton+cover) sold for DDii and MDD.

signature1.png.2dfce635036c6c57deba44313bc0f00c.pngsignature2.png.bcfde356b2e987bdaa84f10bcb242282.png

waha
Can a DDIII's upper body curl forward? For example, when sitting and hugging its knees. The DDS internal frame linked earlier looks like it can. Has anyone tried that with a DDS?

It can... a tiny bit. The internal frame is actually very flexible but the stiff vinyl really limits the movement.

bjd221b

Oh wow~! Thank you! This is verrrryyyy helpful!

JolieMariella

EDIT: Nvm, figured it out! xDD

Well, I have a total noob question >o>

I just finally got my DDS once piece torso body in today, and she came pre-assembled, which is awesome, but...how do I get the head on??? Do I just...push it on? I don't want to break that neck pin so I hesitate to try anything forceful, lol. All the walk-throughs I found are just about the body with no mention how to put on the head.