Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Averis

December - Photo submissions for site header

Tierparkzone

With the new header images, I see that several of them have a grey border to the left and right. I guess that's a new setting? - Just want to confirm if this is intentional.

12 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Your Iori rocks that black wig; she's such a super little doll, and I'm so glad I got her back when she was pre-order. That little face has so much attitude.

I love her in her default wig, but a hime-cut certainly fits her well and works better with the spooky shrine maiden outfit. I primarily blame @foo and the photos of his Iori for me getting my own. 😁

BeyondTime
19 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

I guess that's a new setting? - Just want to confirm if this is intentional.

I had to pick a slightly alternate display setting to get some of them not to cut off in places that ruined the image. The drawback is it fills the empty space with another color. I can probably adjust it to make it less prominent. 

19 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

I primarily blame @foo and the photos of his Iori for me getting my own.

Yes, @foo has great dolls, styles them perfectly, then takes great photos of them and puts them online where everyone can be tempted by his girls. I think foo secretly works for Volks...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

We're almost on top of the holiday season. I wonder if my Sailor Senshi are going to buy normal gifts this year...

Possible themes for November.

Fall.

Feasts.

Veteran's Day & Thanksgiving.

Kindness and Gratitude.

Princesses. (Did not know National Princess Day was a thing.)

Dolls having a party with their Teddy Bear. (Apparently Nov 16th Teddy Bear Party Day is a thing too.)

Sweaters and other late autumn clothes.

Pumpkins and Fall gourds.

• Haha 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Xiongmao

I must do some autumnal leaf-fall shoots, but here's a couple of late (late) summer beach shots...

First it's Kizuna "Daughter of Evil" AI.

spacer.png

Next up is Uzuki "Yaiba" Shimamura.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

ateliervanilla

Another photo of my kiddos for spoopy season! They got their treats from batt! 😁

PSX_20221025_164801.jpg

• Like 5

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

battrastard
TM2022

Credit to "The Ecchizonans"

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

BeyondTime

Possible themes for December.

Christmas / Hanukkah / Kwanzaa

Snow

Winter

Robot Santa Claus coming for the naughty - @K-2's Kizuna -> this means you.

Decorated Trees with dolls playing under them.

Ugly Sweaters gifted by that special doll owner that you can't say no to because they just strip you naked and stuff you into them anyways. P.S. This was not written by @BeyondTime's Yaya.

Scrooge.

Hibernating Sasquatches. P.S. This was not a write-in suggestion by Kizuna.

• Haha 5

frollywoggy

This is the best that I have for this theme as I haven't been able to taken really Christmasy or wintery photos yet, but I think it will do. Apologies if it's a little blurry, you certainly don't have to use it.

DSC_0106banner.png.a74ade789572c5e915a1e9c0df75825e.png

This also never occurred to me before, but I'm curious now that I've thought about it. Do you ever reuse photos from previous years for the seasonal banners? For example, it's almost December in 2022, but would you reuse a December photo from 2021 or 2020 for the banner as well?

"And after the artist has been long gone, turned to dust, the art remains." -Spiritfarer

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Frollywog said:

Apologies if it's a little blurry

It's a great composition and good exposure, but blurry is a bit of an issue. The photo does need to meet the basics like properly exposed and focused on the subject. Bokeh and motion blur are fine though. 

2 hours ago, Frollywog said:

Do you ever reuse photos from previous years for the seasonal banners?

As far as re-use, we've never talked about it. I have no real objections as long as the image is old enough. Nostalgia can be a thing on such an old forum. 

• Like 2

Aideen

is there a deadline for submitting pictures?

I'm working on a "christmas cabin" diorama for my dolls but it's not done yet!

Edited by Aideen

bannieresig.png.9341349be20687131487a208e2fc3789.png

BeyondTime
28 minutes ago, Aideen said:

is there a deadline for submitting pictures?

I'm working on a "christmas cabin" diorama for my dolls but it's not done yet!

Ideally, by the last day of November, but we are flexible as long as it's not too far into December. 

• Like 2

Aideen

I finished so I took a picture of my ddh11 Violet! I hope it's good enough!

1669130731177 (2).jpg

• Like 8

K-2
On 11/11/2022 at 8:08 PM, BeyondTime said:

Hibernating Sasquatches. P.S. This was not a write-in suggestion by Kizuna.

MVHeader01.jpg

MVHeader02.jpg

MVHeader04.jpg

K&CHeader03.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

MVSig.jpg

BeyondTime
35 minutes ago, K-2 said:

K&CHeader03.jpg

🤣😂🤣😂🤣

That one is going up for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

battrastard

I like the two bottom ones. 

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

BeyondTime
On 11/26/2022 at 11:17 PM, Tierparkzone said:

Managed to take some decent photos with Christmas lighting, that could work for the header:

dfddee9bdf8f455ae7c9ab425fbe.jpg

Any chance you can shrink the file size on this one? It takes a long time to load.

BeyondTime
8 minutes ago, Tierparkzone said:

Unless I messed up, they shuold all be somewhat similar size. - I'll check. - give me a few hours.

The one I quoted is about 2 MB larger. 

Aideen

I took this one too. I don't know if I'm too late or not. (it can replace the other picture I submited, this one is nicer)

1669477945941 (3).jpg

• Like 6

Xiongmao
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

Any chance you can shrink the file size on this one? It takes a long time to load.

The bokeh is lovely on that one.

If you can use .webp on this site they can be dramatically smaller than .png or even .jpg images.

I also love the photo in the comment above by Aideen... I really need a doll sized Christmas tree for my girls 🎄.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Tierparkzone
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

2 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

Then I have probably linked the full res version, not the 2000x450px version...

I'll fix that once I'm back home.

Alright, I fixed the link in the original post. I indeed had linked the full size image.

• Thanks 1

ateliervanilla

It was difficult to put little Anya in an angle to fit in the banner LOL! She was too small... I should probably get one of those dynamic stands so I can lift the smols better in a frame with bigger dolls.

forgers_banner.png

• Like 3

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL