Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Averis

December - Photo submissions for site header

Averis

UPDATED (2019)

Now that we've grown to a fairly active size I want to personalize our home a little. I want you guys to feel more at home and show new members/visitors easily what we're about. I've set up a slider to show random images at the top of the site. This is only visible on the desktop version. You can hide the slider from the little eye icon on the top right next to your username. The slider will have about 15 to 20 images at a time. We will try to rotate the images out as new submissions come in.

• If you're interested submit your favorite/best on-top doll photos by replying to this thread and providing links (URLs) to the photos. You can submit more than one photo per post/submission, but try to keep it less than 10 at a time. If you want to submit more down the road you can, but try to spread it out some. IE don't submit a set of photos each week. 
  • Photos of single dolls or pairs (small groups) would be best. Something like pin-up style photos etc (doesn't have to be sexy). Story type photos probably won't work well. Nudity would probably be best avoided, but I think some fan-service could be okay. 
  • I'll be looking for images that are in landscape only as our slider is very wide. 
  • Images that are in the 2000 pixel wide range will work best. 
  • Try to submit photos that are clear (low noise).
     Along with your photo submissions please post how you would like credit if it would be different than your username.

PLEASE NOTE: Please don't hate me if I don't pick your photos. I'll try to add as many as I can, but I have a limited amount of free time and I wont be able to add every photo submitted. I'll try to add photos that fit best in that space. If I do add your photo you may not see it since it will be randomly displayed. PLEASE DON'T SPAM RELOAD TO SEE IF YOUR PHOTO WAS ADDED. >.

Of course, by submitting you agree to allow me to post your photo(s) on the header of the site. If you wish to have your photo(s) removed please PM me. If you have questions let me know.

Thanks for reading and thanks for your submissions!

Halcyon

I agree with your choice. I've always thought the forum's appearance is too generic... To me, the forum's appearance seems to be neutral, not friendly.

Photography - taking pictures of our dolls and sharing these pictures with family members, friends, and other people - is a major part of the hobby. I'm glad the administer is taking steps to improve the forum when it comes to this area.

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

otakusan
baldylox

Very cool idea! I think that will jazz things up a little! When I get home tonight I'll do some submissions too!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

baldylox
Nakitaninja

OMG.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THE PICTURES IN THE HEADER!

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

CocoBliss

Cool!! I just love the new header. Great Job!

Wishlist: A Job,DDS Marisa,Reimu,& DDH-06

otakusan

This is great, it looks so much more lively

Alphakitty

This is such a great idea! It makes the site feel a lot more personal. Here are some submissions:

A Wild Saber Lion!

Marisa and the Cherry Blossom Tree

Mari's Pajamas

Mari and the Lilac Bush

Saber Lily Thinks She's a Kitten!

Credit to Stephen Donaldson. ^^

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

OtakuDepot

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Averis

Glad you guys like it and thanks for the submissions. I've been trying multiple pictures to see which work best from each submission. Many I really like, but just won't fit in that space. >. But still, it helps give the site some more life. Keep them coming.

baldylox
Wow, I love this idea. I freaked out a little when I opened the site today and saw Manami in the header. I thought she hacked the site or something.

This made me laugh so hard! I seriously doubt Manami could hack a website. She can barely do emails or surf the web. Now Rei or Mai... that's a different story....

I love this idea too. It's so cool to see those bright eyes and faces up in the header.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Galvatim

I think the header idea is really cool! I just think my pics are crappy... But if you think any of these would work, feel free to use them. Credit me as Galvatim.

Aoi- wings2 023

Alphakitty

Oh man I just saw Saber Lily at the top of the site and it made me so happy! This was a fantastic idea!

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

OtakuDepot

I've noticed that I still frequently get the header without any images, maybe I get an image 40% of the time. I wasn't sure if it's rotating and also includes the original 'no image' version in it or not.

I just thought I'd mention it to see if I was the only one or not.

This made me laugh so hard! I seriously doubt Manami could hack a website. She can barely do emails or surf the web. Now Rei or Mai... that's a different story....

Ah, I see your point.

**James

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Averis

It's probably caching the old images. It may take a while to finally come through. There shouldn't be any old images left now. If you're using FireFox you can try shift-reload. Another option - if you see a blank image, right-click on the space between the site title and login box and click "view background image". Then reload that till you see the correct image.

OtakuDepot
It's probably caching the old images. It may take a while to finally come through. There shouldn't be any old images left now. If you're using FireFox you can try shift-reload. Another option - if you see a blank image, right-click on the space between the site title and login box and click "view background image". Then reload that till you see the correct image.

Ugh, silly me. It's pretty sad. I work with webhosting for a living and I didn't even think it could be my cookies/session. IE and Chrome are working great. I'll clear my cookies and restart the browser to get Firefox in line again.

thanks!

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

SirNarwhal

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for doing this! It really adds a lot of personal touches from the community to the site and I was completely flattered to see Saber up there when I got home from a long day of finals, packing, and traveling. I was so surprised; Alphakitty had sent them in for me as a surprise since I haven't had any time to relax/do things like this in the last few days.

PrettyCranium

The site looks awesome now! Feel free to use any of my photos. I'm not the best photographer, so I totally understand if they aren't used. Credit to PrettyCranium.

P1010926

P1020100

P1020016

P1010953

P1010216

P1010191

CIMG3545

P1000869

P1000887