Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
salica

So this is war !

tsunamidelta
Those were indeed quite cute, I see the battle continues.. So now I shall just have to dig a little deeper to up the ante..

If this keeps up I may have to resort to the Nia Bomb.

Nia bombs... I've got one of those too. Keeping all of my moe weapons in the hangar is kinda hard though. Although I did already release Mio and Millefeuille in Bunny form along with MDD Niimi in Olive Steam Engineer form... Don't make me break out the super heavy artillery.

Break out the heavy artillery!!! Well.. That sounds like fun actually.

Baldylox: If you insist.. I just know.. MOE isn't my thing.

baldylox
Baldylox: If you insist.. I just know.. MOE isn't my thing.

No worries, even if Moe isn't your thing, you still had some very cute and pretty pics of your girls that you posted earlier. Keep going with those and all will be well!

PS. I especially liked that pic of your Saber Extra and Mikuru! ANY pics of Mikuru just HAVE to be counted as moe!!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

mitsuki
Those were indeed quite cute, I see the battle continues.. So now I shall just have to dig a little deeper to up the ante..

First Salvo!

8006474127_7526d3b906_c.jpg

Round about the Rocky River Reservation with Kristen, on 9-16-12 by tsunamidelta, on Flickr

Here is what I get when I ask Google "What does Moe mean?"

'Moe' means be attracted to a specific character or its specific partial element and to have a favor feeling toward it. 'Moe' suggests the condition of being infatuated with one character or thing and implies an image of someone burning with desire.

The wikipedia entry goes on to say:

Moe is not considered as a concrete term. It is constantly evolving and being used in a variety of ways. People use Moe as a feeling or characteristic. The term "moe" can be tacked on to the end of any personality trait or physical trait to create a new type of moe. According to Patrick W. Galbraith it means "a rarefied pseudo-love for certain fictional characters (in anime, manga, and the like) and their related embodiments."

...It is a pun derived from a Japanese word that literally means "budding," as with a plant that is about to flower, and thus it can also be used to mean "budding" as with a preadolescent girl. Since this word is also a homonym for "burning" pronounced moe (萌える), there is also speculation that the word stems from the burning passion felt for the characters. The word has come to be used to mean one particular kind of "adorable", one specific type of "cute", mainly as applied to fictional characters.

They are not kidding about anything being moe-able. Somehow even zombie moe works surprisingly well in Sankarea (さんかれあ).

I also thought of moe as something that makes you passionate. There is nothing that says to me moeru (萌える) or burning/passion more than an adorable tsundere. Your photo of Rin has so much emotion in it. She is so expressive in that shot. I absolutely love it. I love your other shots too. I also love the sweet more "budding" (lolita/young/cute) type photos, but tsunderes, and Rin types especially, are irresistible to me. Please pardon my rambling...

salica

They are not kidding about anything being moe-able. Somehow even zombie moe works surprisingly well in Sankarea (さんかれあ).

I also thought of moe as something that makes you passionate. There is nothing that says to me moeru (萌える) or burning/passion more than an adorable tsundere. Your photo of Rin has so much emotion in it. She is so expressive in that shot. I absolutely love it. I love your other shots too. I also love the sweet more "budding" (lolita/young/cute) type photos, but tsunderes, and Rin types especially, are irresistible to me. Please pardon my rambling...

I am just a little sad that everybody is turning against me when I just wanted to start a war of pictures showing extreme cuteness ,more MDD style (innocent faces )

baldylox
I am just a little sad that everybody is turning against me when I just wanted to start a war of pictures showing extreme cuteness ,more MDD style (innocent faces )

I don't think anyone is turning against you at all Salica. I just think people want to see all types of "moe" and "cute" pics. But this *is* your thread and if certain types of photos aren't what you're after, it's certainly your right to ask for no more of that style.

Sorry if I stepped on your toes. I just like seeing more pics of pretty girls.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Opaline

I'm really jealous of your family dd. they are all beautiful. I love the little sakura and the ddy haruka.

mitsuki

I agree with Billy. I don't think anyone is turning against you. I think everyone is just so different. I just love dissecting Japanese terminology. I think one of the more hilarious things the Japanese do is take English words and create a new meaning which is sometimes opposite from the original meaning. For example, a "feminist" in Japan would be more of a playboy or player than someone who cares about equal rights.

I think because moe means so many things to so many people, we could probably have many threads with specific moe types. Since it is salica's thread, she can define what themes she would like.

Tieren

I was thinking of this photo today, which I never used in any of my posts. This is Salica's Anastasia and my mama-chapps.

8149342775_c9699458a7.jpg

And the ghost costume is extra-soft which adds extra cuteness to this attack.