The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

mewcat

How many of us got into the dd dolls from anime?

mewcat

This is a question i've been pondering, do you buy dollfie dream dolls because your a huge anime fan?

Or, is there some other reason you started buying your dolls?

aquilla429

I was into resin bjd's first, I'd been through 6 resin dolls before getting my first dd. I did like their anime characteristics but I brought them more for the love of dolls then the love of anime.

aquillascubbyholesmall_zps7378ca56.png

My new domain and blog is now based on tumblr, you can find me at http://www.aquilla429.com

https://twitter.com/aquilla429

Keijogirl

I'm coming from resin bjds, I got into them becuase I liked the idea of having a doll that looks like my original characters. DDs I got into because I'm a fan of poseability and customization and with the fact that some of my characters look like anime characters and that DDs give me the option to actually make those characters that I can't find a resin doll for well. . . here I am lol

So, I guess for me it's linked to the fact that I'm a huge anime fan because of the style of the dolls' faces, but I can't say that I got into these soley because I'm an anime fan. I don't really want any girls that I bring home to be characters someone else made (ex. buying a Saber or KOSMOS to have as Saber or KOSMOS or any other established anime character). But liking anime is kind of a part of it. I can't see many people getting into DDs without at least partially liking anime because of the style of the girls' faces.

Also. . .billy's kinda mostly to blame. . . >.>

But for the most part it's because I can customize these girls to be the characters I want them to be :3

• Like 1

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

Poofiemus

Yeah, I'd have to say it's similar for me: anime is what brought DDs to my attention, but it's their customize-ability that made me actually take the plunge rather than being a bystanding admirer. Or maybe you could say that the customization made me want a doll and a fondness for anime is probably what made me want a DD in particular? Not quite sure which version of that statement is putting the cart before the horse.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

katnaper

Hmmmm... with me, I actually liked the doll first then watched the anime I loved how they looked like anime characters and looked like a big version of figures. I think the only one where I will get a doll after watching the anime is if and when Asuna comes out.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

kymaera

I grew up reading comic books, watching cartoons and collecting figures like Star Wars, G.I.Joe, transformers, etc. Had kept with the comic books, but hadn't collected figures in a while. Then, I found anime towards the end of my college years and really got into it after I got a job. I then got into anime figures big time because of anime. After a while, I ran out of space, figures got more expensive and there was a big shift towards articulated figures like figmas, revoltech, etc. I didn't like the looks and had bad experience with the flimsiness of them, so between that and the space issues, I decided to move into getting DDs instead of figures.

Misheru

I moved to DDs from smaller (fashion) vinyl dolls, but found them due to anime. Most of my DDs are based on anime characters I love.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

baldylox

I got into DD's because of anime figures like Figmas and such. I was collecting them and Ryomou figurines/statues when I came across Danny Choo's site Figurefm. It was cool to see all the pics of the figures there. But after a few months of looking around there, I finally clicked onto the DD area and was like WHOA! Here were HUGE custom anime figures you could pose and change clothes and make your own. I was head over heels for them ever since.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

DivinitaAria

I owned BJDs first and being on DoA, there seemed to be limited Dollfie Dream knowledge; it was very intimidating to get a blank dollfie dream head and body and then have to find a face up artist. I do like anime and I think that also played a role in it too. I also love to customize dolls and give them new looks with wigs, eyes, ect.

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

Amara77

For me it was definitely anime, I've been watching anime before I knew what it was. (Nick jr Grimm's fairytales Belle and Sebastian , Mysterious cities of gold) I also have always loved dolls and always used to make paper dolls of characters I liked that you couldn't buy a doll of. When I got older I tried turning different pieces of resin kits into my OCs. Then one day I discovered a super dollfie and it went from there! I have a couple resins and the reason I liked them was their anime appearance.

I actually tried to avoid DDs at first for my wallets sake (-_-) I also didnt care for the standard models at the time. I think it was only Cand and Mirai (this was obviously a long time ago lol)

I love the customization to build your own characters. That's the best part!

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

Amara77

For me it was definitely anime, I've been watching anime before I knew what it was. (Nick jr Grimm's fairytales Belle and Sebastian , Mysterious cities of gold) I also have always loved dolls and always used to make paper dolls of characters I liked that you couldn't buy a doll of. When I got older I tried turning different pieces of resin kits into my OCs. Then one day I discovered a super dollfie and it went from there! I have a couple resins and the reason I liked them was their anime appearance.

I actually tried to avoid DDs at first for my wallets sake (-_-) I also didnt care for the standard models at the time. I think it was only Cand and Mirai (this was obviously a long time ago lol)

I love the customization to build your own characters. That's the best part!

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

SchroedingersCat

Yep, from the anime angle here too. Gigantic, posable anime figures! How could I not!

It did take we over 12 months to actually take the plunge and buy one though, since the price factor is rather substantial.

Now with +/- 15% more uncertainty!

crimsoncat

I was an anime fan first then BJD then dollfie dream.

snooze_button_cat.png

Coco

I definitely got into dolls from anime. I really enjoyed Angelic Layer, and it made me want an Angel of my own so much! So, when I found a doll I loved, I dove right in! It is also what fueled my interest in Dollfie Dreams as well. I love it so much!

Yukamina

I got into BJD because of my love for anime and anime style art. BJD were like beautiful illustrations brought to life/3D and poseable. Eventually DD caught my attention, and now I'm a big fan of DDs too. So anime started it, but BJD lead me into DDs.

DJStarstryker

Well, I like DDs because they have the anime aesthetic. But anime isn't really what got me into DDs. My first doll was Rin Tohsaka, who is originally from a visual novel. Sure, there's an anime, but I hadn't watched it (or played the novel) by that point. I just liked how she looked.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

MaxArcher

I got into them through anime figure collecting and figure.fm/Culture:Japan. Seeing lots of great owner pics had already made me receptive to the idea of a DD, and when they made one of a character I really liked (Beato) who was shamefully under appreciated by the figure manufacturers, I had to take the plunge.

Unlike many people, I got into BJDs through DDs instead of the other way around, and now I have more resin dolls than vinyl, though I still like both kinds quite a bit.

DD Beatrice - DD Saber/EXTRA

Bellatrix

I bought my first DD (Beatrice) because we do share the same name.

Having a namesake anime character has been my dream since i was a little kid watching the Sailor Moon anime.

After buying the doll, I also watched the series Umineko and I liked it :-3

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

Silverwing

Anime was kind of the start of it for me. A good friend of mine had (re)introduced me to anime only about a year 1/2 ago. I discovered figmas shortly after. I wanted a good figma of a girl in a sailor uniform and came across the Mirai Suenaga figma but didn't know anything about her. due to buying her I learned about Danny's site and discovered DD's Namely Saber and Ryomou. Now my wallet will never know money again.

LordNoir

It was anime for me. As a kid, I was a big fan of Adventures of Unico, and shows like Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball, so when I stumbled upon DDs, I was completely captivated - though the cost initially made me wary. I actually eventually got a resin BJD as a cheaper substitute for getting a DD, and only relatively recently (a little over a year ago) bought my first DD, the first sculpt that ever captivated me (DD-03.)

A crazy fool with a house full of dolls, and ponies, and pony dolls

Now an Official Dealer for SQ Lab!

mangaemi

Me!

Honestly a few of my friends had suddenly gotten into resin bjds -- at the time I just didn't understand it.. because they're so serious, so depressing, kind of.. that weird lolita look on alot of them (boy and girl dolls). It wasn't until I saw a Dollfie Dream on Danny Choo's facebook and I was like... what? they have anime dolls!? now THAT is what I like.

anime (well animation in general) is a big passion of mine and the idea of being able to finally make some of my characters into a tangible doll without having to craft the head/body/etc myself was so great!

I love DDs because it's the anime side of doll collecting : )

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

gaiaswill

Such blasphemy to reach 20 post without a Rozen Maiden mention.

Rosen Maiden was why I was paying attention to Volks at all. By then it was only a matter of time before they released a girl I really wanted, and of course acted as the gateway for the rest. I was into DD before Danny Choo made it cool(-ish).

I didn't win Suigintou in lottery though. And they seem to have stopped before even trying Kanaria & Kirakishou.

lil_utena

I do like Anime but I wouldn't say thats the reason I got her. I just find them super adorable and cartoon like.

laces

I suppose so, because I got into figma's from anime, then after researching figma's discovered DD's through Danny Choo's site... So due to a chain of events, I guess anime is responsible!

Lita_Blanchimont

I've always liked dolls, my first proper dolls were pullips, but after looking at countless resins I discovered dollfie dreams, they don't yellow like resins and are easily customisable, but the dollfie I'm wanting is down to animes (*^_^*)