Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Talolili

Changing DD eyes

jaderose
my vmf50 has like a casing around the eyes? does that mean i can't change them?

VMF50 dolls are by Obitsu, not Volks, so you'd probably be better off asking about her in that subforum. To answer this specific question, it just means she has an eye pocket head. Parabox has a tutorial for those types of heads.

Hopefully we'll be forgiven for going briefly off-topic I just wanted to add something. If you genuinely don't like the eye pockets (I kind of hate them, personally - I'm used to resins and I like being able to change the eyes' angles) or, idk, some other future reader doesn't, I have some tips for removing them.

I've successfully used a Swiss Army knife blade to cut the casings off of a really small Obitsu head (1/8 scale, approximately), and then a succession of different small files and sandpaper sticks to smoothen the area out, and flatten it enough that I could put eyes in with putty and not have visible gaps.

The Swiss Army knife wasn't a good idea - the blade is a bit too long for my liking, so I'd suggest using something like this craft knife instead https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0018N6AIE/?coliid=I2O38YKEZYEY4C&colid=2UXB26R4TI5L8&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it. (I was running on insomnia and didn't feel like waiting for Amazon - please don't use a Swiss Army knife, as it's fairly unwieldy/definitely oversized for delicate operations, and likely to result in injury to yourself or your doll.)

The knife will cut really fast/really easily, because it's sharp and vinyl is soft - do as I say and not as I do, and buy a cheaper head to practice on first. I managed to get my girl's mod done without even damaging her faceup, but I wouldn't count on that kind of luck.

After that, you can instal/change your girl's eyes like you would for any DD/resin, as per this thread's suggestions! (I think this can be relevant for this thread, too - I used the same technique to smooth out an eye-opening mod on a previously-owned DD head.)

The post above this signature was probably TLDR, and I am very sorry.