Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
GothicKDM

Knitting Projects...

GothicKDM

Ive been working on a few things. A lot has been in the 1/6th scale and Ive been working up some things for the dollfie dreams and I thought I would get some feedback. My blog is http://lixalicious-wip.blogspot.com/ and my etsy https://www.etsy.com/shop/GothicKDM?ref=pr_shop_more

9896697703_4dfc00da1f_z.jpg

Raglan Sleeve Turtleneck Sweater

9444697768_ac45db7225_z.jpg

Lacy Skirt

9346051660_fa7cd883fc_z.jpg

9314101547_c854d6cd27_z.jpg

Dress (my version & littlebearries Kestrel version I made her) - Blocked hers, but not mine which is why its rolling (this has something i believe to do about the type of casting on I do which makes it roll. I block it to help it stay flat)

9066416687_fd24453e1a_z.jpg

Sweater - modeled on Saber. This would be a little better fitted on a larger bust as I just made it a hair too large on the overlapping top part. I need to block it some so it stops rolling at the bottom.

8977679431_8201a5c851_z.jpg

Tutor Style Sweater (modeled on littlebearries Pidge) I had made this for a small bust girl, so I wanted to see how tight it was on a larger bust since I dont have any right now. It still needs to be a adjusted just a bit for a larger bust in order for it to fit more like how I had intended to to look.

9066421737_8a187d1d59_z.jpg

Original look - It can be worn two ways. I feel the way littlebearries put it on her girl makes it feel like a summery top crop shirt/sweater and the way I have is can be a wintery put over a shirt sweater.

9898332996_cc89c47839_z.jpg

Halter Top Corset

9898330406_7a24705e94_z.jpg

The bottom pulled more together then the top part in the back, just need to adjust this so that it doesnt pull towards the bust and keeps a straight up the back instead of the gap expanding.

Edited by Guest

chien

Such neat little stitches! I love the lacy skirt, kestrel dress, and tudor style sweater. Lovely color choices too!

Winterplane

I really like the 1st picture and the dress in the 4th is really cute! I'm jealous!

You have really good skills and all of the tops look really good! about the only thing I've sewn is skirts, I've tried to make a sweater but I always mess up the arm holes XD

GothicKDM

ty :3. Ive been knitting since I was a little girl and my grama taught me alot. I had those barbie booklets that she gave me but I never liked how bulky they looked on the dolls, so I just learned to tweak patterns and such to work better for me, and I still practice a lot too with the things I make, or I just say..this is what I want to do, lets just knit and see where it goes XD

img_1170_medium2.jpg

10404447104_24d5711166_z.jpg

Finally figured out a scoopneck I wanted to make (just need to change how i do the decreases)

faustbane

I'm a newbie knitter so I don't know a while lot but I would like to ask, what size needles do you use and is there a specific type of yarn that's best for making doll clothes?

signature_zps61fd7633.jpg

GothicKDM
I'm a newbie knitter so I don't know a while lot but I would like to ask, what size needles do you use and is there a specific type of yarn that's best for making doll clothes?

I use between a 0 to 2/3 and fingerling, laceweight, sock yarn (up to a 2 ply) I try and see swatches of yarn before i buy it, or I like to feel it and tend to stick to soft yarns.

Pihlajakoto

I use between a 0 to 2/3 and fingerling, laceweight, sock yarn (up to a 2 ply) I try and see swatches of yarn before i buy it, or I like to feel it and tend to stick to soft yarns.

You make really awesome sweaters. I really like the ones Mariko is wearing. I wish I could do raglan sleeves too. I can't really think of anything you'd need to improve as you've already noticed the rolling up hem problem. You've got imagination and it's apparent you know lots of techniques

What brands have you found out to be good for DD size sweaters? Or do you have preference on needle size, length etc?

I've been doing sweaters for my DD since I found the schacenmayr fine wool and thus far it's the thinnest and nicest wool. I haven't been able to switch of from using it even though it really expensive as all my patters are like 'make 120 sts, knit 12 layers of K2/P2' which means the patterns are really difficult to transfer to using different wool, but the pattern is easy on making same sweater again.

My blog Pihlajakoto

Guest Aurea

They look very nice in quality for sure I like the colors too but I am always fearful of the stain monster.

d4rk_0rchyd

The quality of your knitting is fantastic. I'm just bummed because I went on your etsy store but found nothing in SD/DD size

GothicKDM
The quality of your knitting is fantastic. I'm just bummed because I went on your etsy store but found nothing in SD/DD size

I actually am working on that. I have a couple skirts to add.

GothicKDM

Im working on a new pattern XD. I want to make 5 (a white, pastel blue, pastel green, lavender, and a pastel pink) so Im almost done with the blue one. Its a really fine wool.

11123673_857389800973510_845253717_n.jpg

I guess my queston is what sort of thigs are people looking for? I hear sweaters, but I would like to see examples.

Anteja

I really do like your knitting, especially for little dolls - it is very accurate and nice to have a look to.

You use quite small size of knitting needles - that's right too.

People like hats, scarves, sweaters in pastel colors.

Nice work!

GothicKDM

10731581_864946836917954_373929354_n.jpg

Working on a pink and lavender right now

Norths_Fallen_Angel

WOW!!! I love knitting, I am an avid knitter and cannot wait to start knitting for my new DD. Maybe we could swap patterns?

muzzimitsu

There really nice clothes, and the quality of your knitting is great!

My attempt have not been very good but I do not give up!

AnelirSensei

Wow, your rows are amazingly straight and even. I love the styles your have made, that gold skirt pattern is so intricate