Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Aoibara

Critique needed for DYI eye designs

Aoibara

Hey guys, I followed up on chien's tutorial on designing eyes, and I would like some critique and advice on what I have created here:

Note: I haven't printed or tested these prototypes. I will post my progress when it is done.

This one I will call the oval type...

type1chart_zpsb7fabcea.png

While I will call these the circle types

type2chart_zpscfdcaea4.png

Violet range: Indigo pansy, royal purple, amethyst

Red to orange range: Rose, ruby, blood, scarlet, polished wood, tiger

Yellow to green range: Goldmine, lemonade, green tea, peridot, jade 1, jade 2 (Circle types only)

Cyan to blue range: Emerald, turquoise, aquamarine, mermaid lagoon, heart of the ocean, sapphire

Monochrome: Obsidian, diamond

Special: Lust (Based off Amnesia character Ikki's eyes.), Sith (Haven't seen any doll eyes with Sith designs, so there. Might remove it in case. :p)

The original file size have 2.4 cm, which is 24 mm (Makes it easier to scale for smaller eye sizes.).

littlebearries

I'd love to see them in a doll, they look cool.

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

chien

Love the colors! My advice is to use less black-- printed eyes look darker than what you draw, usually, and black isn't very eyecatching. :> Also, I think having the highlights be more crisp looks better in anime style doll heads-- so less fuzz around the edges. The second design I really like too! Once again, very wonderful colors. Love that there's less dark tones in it also. My favorite would be the left one on the last row. Super, super cute.

Pandakeks

I love these designs The colors are so vibrant, I like the green and blue ones of the circle type the most

I also think, less black on the oval ones would do the trick to make them just more beautiful!

Aoibara
I'd love to see them in a doll, they look cool.

Thank you!

Love the colors! My advice is to use less black-- printed eyes look darker than what you draw, usually, and black isn't very eyecatching. :> Also, I think having the highlights be more crisp looks better in anime style doll heads-- so less fuzz around the edges. The second design I really like too! Once again, very wonderful colors. Love that there's less dark tones in it also. My favorite would be the left one on the last row. Super, super cute.

I remember Danny Choo said that on his blog when making his SmartDoll. It would end up yandere lol.

Thank you!

I love these designs The colors are so vibrant, I like the green and blue ones of the circle type the most

I also think, less black on the oval ones would do the trick to make them just more beautiful!

Thank you!

Neleyna

Really nice combination of colours ^^ I would love to see them at real, I think is a great work! So go for it!

Waiting: Mirico (DDH 06)

Making: Cass (My own DD boy)

My DA: http://neleyna.deviantart.com/

RaverBJDJunky

i love love looove the pink to blue eyes, their very cute! but i agree with the first comment in using less black, even if you just use a super dark shade of the eye colour i think they would pop abit more.

NekoPrincess101

They look very good! Would love to see these inside a doll!

mellyn

I noticed that on the oval eyes the pupil is true black while on the circle eyes the pupil is a shade of black mixed with the eye color. I think the shades of black looks more vibrant and alive. Great job on the designs! They look great.

snowysealcat

I love how shiny and vibrant they look! The two-tone circle types are especially cool.

it's all daijoubu baby

muzzimitsu

I like the Special round Eye , two colors looks amazing