Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

JolieMariella

Angelic Layer DDs?

JolieMariella

So lets see them! Does anyone have any Dollfies based off of characters from Clamp's Angelic Layer series? I have to admit, that manga definitely played a big part in me joining the abjd hobby. It's still an all-time favorite of mine, even though I don't watch/read anywhere near as much anime/manga as I used to.

I'm definitely thinking of doing a hikaru cosplay for my incoming DDH-01 once I've got a body for her!

pandy

hey there ^^ yeah angelic layer was one of my favorite animes as well<3 It played a part in me and my love for abjds as well : ] I think a hikaru cosplay would be very cute! and I would love to see the results. I think i've seen a bjd version of hikaru before? but I can't remember where..perhaps on flickr. But I can't say i've ever seen a DD version! I wonder why volks never went after ngelic layer >_> I mean just like rozen maiden, it kind of fits right in XD

Yukamina

Ah, I tried to make a Hikaru outfit for a resin doll of mine, but I never finished the project. I hope to get back to it someday...

JolieMariella

Yeah, I dunno why they never did Angelic Layer dolls. They even did a Chii from Chobits, didn't they? Obviously Clamp is willing to work with them on dolls relating to their series.

You should definitely finish it someday, Yukamina! I'd live to see! Hopefully I'll have time to do one myself lol.

pharaviel

I hope to see it too!

I'm a big fan of Angelic Layer and Chobits and that manga just screams dollfie.

Momo from chobits screams smart dolls (like the mirai prototype) thinking about it

signature1.png.2dfce635036c6c57deba44313bc0f00c.pngsignature2.png.bcfde356b2e987bdaa84f10bcb242282.png

berettapunk

i kinda blame angelic layer for me being into dollfie dreams

i watched it and enjoyed it a lot before i met my friend who had her dollfie dream. so i was kinda excited and made a mental correlation almost immediately. ever since then ive always wondered what it would be like if we could have a world where our girls come to life in such a way. tho i doubt i could ever let them fight O_O

that is, until i get Jinx done. she would probably beat me for not letting her fight XD

OMG WHERE ARE THEY ALL COMING FROM?!?!

Junco

Angelic Layer is one of the reasons I got into dolls It's such a cool show and one of my favorite anime. I used to be obsessed over it in middle school haha.

desukirakishou

I would die for a dolfie Hikaru!

Monty

Personally I dont think they'd look right as 1/3 dolls because then they are literally larger than life (unless it was the human characters). I'd love to see the angels as azone pure neemos or the 1/6 smart doll though - Danny Choo has implied a few times that he's interested in the license. They'd be life-sized!

Edited by Guest

sinclair

I loved the anime, and wouldn't mind seeing at least some AL outfits for my DD girls.

Kalle

AL was one of the first few anime series I remember watching c: when I was younger, I thought the concept was just so cool! I'm kind of surprised as well that no doll company has ever picked up the license, because it just seems like it was tailor-made for that sort of thing.

LAOiCdW.gif

EverTravler

There really do need to be (as Torino pointed out) proper sized dolls of the series. I want to say I have seen pictures in the past of a customized DD Hikaru doll. I'm not sure of her size as it's been a while. But wouldn't that be such a neat "reboot"? So many of the dolls had such great designs in the show. Not to mention fitting for the hobby.

I haven't seen the show in a while, but they were probably around 30cm?

I admit when the Angelic Layer animation first came out I ignored it as a little kid's show... It isn't. I'm glad I eventually returned to the series and gave it a chance... What an amazing story it was. Whether you like dolls or not it's just a great story that anyone can enjoy and feel. And it made me want a doll lol

I should dress up as Icchan for Halloween...

Edited by Guest

Mitsuryouku

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who got interested in dolls because of Angelic Layer I'd love to make a Shirahime DDdy one day

asianed

A couple of us talked about doing Angelic Layer themed cosplay for a con. Each of us would be one of the characters and we'd get our dolls dressed up as the various Angels.

That'd be a ton of fun!

EverTravler
A couple of us talked about doing Angelic Layer themed cosplay for a con. Each of us would be one of the characters and we'd get our dolls dressed up as the various Angels.

That'd be a ton of fun!

You know, I'd be down for that. Been a cosplayer since Otakon 2004.

Just would need to find someone quite skilled in custom clothes for the Angels.

silverredgreen

That'd be a ton of fun!

You know, I'd be down for that. Been a cosplayer since Otakon 2004.

Just would need to find someone quite skilled in custom clothes for the Angels.[/quote

That would be so cool and a lot of fun