Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Strife212

Fate/EXTRA

Strife212

It seems there is a new Saber Dollfie coming out based on the PSP RPG Fate/Extra:

http://www.figure.fm/post/en/30558/Volk+s+upcoming+DD+Saber+Extra.html

FateExtraBoxArt.jpg

3994939407_86db6d52e4.jpg

I've got Fate/Extra but never played it due to the language barrier, I thought it wasn't really worthwhile.

rBP74.png

Dolls: Saber, Saber Alter, Saber Lily, Saber Extra, Saber Alter 2nd,

Aozaki Aoko, Alice Kuonji, Haruhi Suzumiya, Yuki Nagato

Galvatim

I kind of figured Saber Extra was inevitable. She doesn't have all the armor of Lily and original Saber, so she won't be as expensive either.

5436817554_4f28096fed.jpg

014 by galvatim, on Flickr

I'd love to see this outfit for her too.

Word is the game is getting an English language version!

http://www.figure.fm/post/en/30436/Extra+Screenies+x+Comicalisation+of+Fate.html

I'm pretty excited, as I have the LE release of the game, but haven't played it either. I do love the exclusive Figma though.

baldylox
I kind of figured Saber Extra was inevitable. She doesn't have all the armor of Lily and original Saber, so she won't be as expensive either.

I seriously doubt this new Saber will be much less expensive even without armor. There's still the sword to consider as well as any undergarments or extras. And that red dress of hers has been done really well in figure form and seems to be quite elaborate looking, so there's that to consider as well.

I wouldn't doubt seeing her at a minimum of $800USD or thereabouts. It seems Volks understands which of their girls is popular and will squeeze out that fanboy money as much as possible. And yes, 800 is less than 1000 or 1200 but still, it's all speculation until we see who or what is really coming.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

OtakuDepot

Even though I'd like to think we would see a $600 Saber I think I agree with Billy. Plus, Volks knows she will be a guaranteed sellout so why not put her to maybe $900?

I hope they don't have her in the $1100 range like Lily was but we have seen crazy prices before. I'd have to see what she looks like first to be sure if I'm interested in adopting her but I can already hear my bank account weeping.

**James

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

baldylox

I was looking in the DD Compilation book last night and saw that Saber Alter was released for 52,000 yen when she came out. Her outfit wasn't elaborate at all and she didn't come with any sort of weapon.

This leads me to speculate that Saber Extra will cost more due to her outfit being more elaborate and also her having a sword. So the pricing would make sense to be around 70,000 yen or so. If this is the case, it's still not horrible but it isn't cheap by any means.

If she looks more like the older Saber head mold, her red dress is done well and she has a decent price, I may try for her too. But those 3 criteria will be hard to meet in my opinion.

Billy

Galvatim

Looking at Volks USA's prices for Nanoha, Fate, and Yoko, (about $800) I'm inclined to agree with you guys. Regardless, I'll be interested in seeing how Saber Extra turns out. As long as nothing comes up, I should have my DD on layaway paid off well before December.

Strife212
I was looking in the DD Compilation book last night and saw that Saber Alter was released for 52,000 yen when she came out. Her outfit wasn't elaborate at all and she didn't come with any sort of weapon.

Crazy how the aftermarket works though, she now costs 300,000 which is more than the other two.

rBP74.png

jadepixel

I'm a fan of Saber character design in all forms, but I do particularly like the Extra Saber as well as the original blue armor. I'm just worried that based on the game designs, she's going to end up with a stern or even frowning face

Guess I could always sell the head and keep the awesome outfit...

mitsuki

You can have her faceup redone, jadepixel. I wonder what they will do for her expression.

baldylox

I noticed that in lots of pics of Saber Extra, she *does* in fact have armor.....

From the knee down.

So it looks like we'll see replaceable shoes like the past ones have used for armored boots and shin guards. That will up the cost a little bit.

Billy

Galvatim

Yep, she's got the armored boots/greaves. They look a lot like Saber's and Lily's, but are just different enough that Volks will need new tooling.

I'll try and take some comparison shots between the three armored Saber Figmas tonight or tomorrow. For now, enjoy a look at Saber Extra on her own.

5436809494_d307365709.jpg

007 by galvatim, on Flickr

5436812826_404ecf5841.jpg

010 by galvatim, on Flickr

The Figma has two different face designs too, one based on Takashi Takeuchi's art, (the original character designer for Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime), and the other based on Fate/Extra's character art. I'm thinking Volks would go with the latter, since the Takeuchi face looks like normal Saber.

PlasticFantastic

I knew and dreaded this day's arrival.

This could be messy! >_<

I have the translated Fate/Unlimited Codes for PSP so I'm looking forward to the english release of Fate/Extra

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

Talolili

I actually really like her outfit. It's ironic since I don't like any of the other Saber's oufits at all. I better start saving up my money.

Waynio

Can't say I'm a big fan of Fate/Stay Night but i sure would like to get a Saber dollfie.

Wayne

iomi

i'm a big fan of the color red and i do love this outfit for saber~ but i'm not much into the game ^^'

still now i'm itched to go for one since I never had the chance with a saber or started too late ^^

i hope her expression will be good since that's what matter to me the most >< !

hopefully she won't go beyond 900 usd but you never know....

At home: Rina and Reina( Twins ),DD Neris,Oscar(DD Beatrice),Bunni DD Akira)Melon( DD Yuki.M)Saber Extra(x2), Toki(DD Rise), Saber Alter, Saber Lily and Kudo, Rosalie, Cirno and Kan'u,Melty, Aoko, mika(06), Rin Tohsaka

Galvatim

So Fate/Extra is getting a sequel next year...

http://www.figure.fm/post/en/31456/Fateful+Bridal+Saber.html

Apparently Saber Bride is the same character as Saber Extra... Still, that's 2 more versions for Volks to pump out after Extra. (The other being Saber Zero in the all black suit and tie)

Not sure how interested I am in getting the boxset game with the Figma yet.

Galvatim

Here's a basic guide to all of the Sabers.

1. Saber: King Arthur. The blue dress/silver armored version we all know and love. Also has casual, holiday, maid and bikini outfits.

2. Saber Alter: Saber gets an evil black repaint, just like Optimus Prime! Well, not really a repaint, but she is the "evil Saber." She likes eating junk food and fast food, especially burgers. Volks' DD version is wearing her casual outfit, as opposed to her armor, and did not include Excalibur. So seeing teaser pics of Black Excalibur may mean the release of an armored Alter DD, or a set of armor. Or just the sword.

3. Saber Lily: The "Princess Knight." I haven't found any real backstory for her, she's just a secret character in the fighting game Fate/Unlimited Codes.

4. Saber Nero: Fate/Extra's Saber servant. Wears a red dress. Not King Arthur, but looks a lot like her. Her sword is shown in the teaser, so it's very likely she's one of the next DDs.

5. Saber Zero: The same Saber as #1, just wearing a suit and tie. Saber during the 4th Grail War, under Kiritsugu Emiya (Shiro's adoptive father). Fate/Zero is getting an anime adaptation soon.

6. Saber Bride: The Saber servant from the sequel to Fate/Extra, due out next year. She's in a white outfit kind of resembling a bride's dress, but with white strap covered boots. May be the same character as Saber Nero.

7. Saber Lion: Saber in a lion costume! She carries meat on the bone and yells "gao gao!"

Cosplaybunny

I wonder when she's going to be sold? I don't think they'd put out information about her this early if she was going to be sold at the big December Dolpa. Maybe this October?

She's got a very interesting design and I can't wait to see how they handle the translucent piece on the front of her skirt.

archangeli

I expect October since Volks has already posted this teaser officially on their website

[bugger... I can't post pictures yet... just click the link Strife212 posted!]

I'm curious to see how Volks will execute the clear skirt. It'll be interesting

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

Halcyon
I expect October since Volks has already posted this teaser officially on their website

[bugger... I can't post pictures yet... just click the link Strife212 posted!]

I'm curious to see how Volks will execute the clear skirt. It'll be interesting

6132849040_e01f7a3cf6.jpg

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

Pihlajakoto

I'm getting this new Saber ^_^ I love her red dress. I hope I don't have to sell organs (or even worse my DDs) to pay bill.

And I like that this is a pre-order-project.

My blog Pihlajakoto

Nakitaninja
Here's a basic guide to all of the Sabers.

1. Saber: King Arthur. The blue dress/silver armored version we all know and love. Also has casual, holiday, maid and bikini outfits.

2. Saber Alter: Saber gets an evil black repaint, just like Optimus Prime! Well, not really a repaint, but she is the "evil Saber." She likes eating junk food and fast food, especially burgers. Volks' DD version is wearing her casual outfit, as opposed to her armor, and did not include Excalibur. So seeing teaser pics of Black Excalibur may mean the release of an armored Alter DD, or a set of armor. Or just the sword.

3. Saber Lily: The "Princess Knight." I haven't found any real backstory for her, she's just a secret character in the fighting game Fate/Unlimited Codes.

4. Saber Nero: Fate/Extra's Saber servant. Wears a red dress. Not King Arthur, but looks a lot like her. Her sword is shown in the teaser, so it's very likely she's one of the next DDs.

5. Saber Zero: The same Saber as #1, just wearing a suit and tie. Saber during the 4th Grail War, under Kiritsugu Emiya (Shiro's adoptive father). Fate/Zero is getting an anime adaptation soon.

6. Saber Bride: The Saber servant from the sequel to Fate/Extra, due out next year. She's in a white outfit kind of resembling a bride's dress, but with white strap covered boots. May be the same character as Saber Nero.

7. Saber Lion: Saber in a lion costume! She carries meat on the bone and yells "gao gao!"

First off- thank you for the Saber listing. I've not followed this series so I had no idea there were so many Sabers....

This is so confusing... I've tried reading about the anime and the manga and I know there is a fighting game.... does anyone have a good link for the story/plot synopsis because the wiki falls very, very short. I don't understand why there are so many Sabers or why the plot jumps in time, etc.

What exactly is the Grail War? Why do they want to win it? I like stories so if you have the answers I'll be in your debt if you can straighten this up!

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

scripple

The grail war is the main background of Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero. A group of three old magi families seek the "root" of the world and in order to obtain this seek the "holy grail" which isn't necessarily the one of Arthurian legend. As a group they create a ritual to allow them to obtain the grail through a contest.

The contest pits seven pairs of masters and servants against one another and the winning pair obtains the grail which can grant one wish. The masters are living people (usually but not necessarily magi). The servants are heroic spirits summoned from legend (past/present/future doesn't matter) to serve as very powerful familiars to the masters. The servants are each summoned in the form of one of seven classes (think dungeons and dragons.) Saber is one of those classes. As the servants try to hide their true identities to not give away their powers or weaknesses they typically are referred to only by their class name.

The "original" Saber of Fate/Stay Night is one such hero summoned as a Saber class, since it's already been spoiled she is King Arthur aka Arturia in the Fate universe. She was also summoned in Fate/Zero as well. Saber Alter appears a bit in Stay Night as a corrupted version of the original Saber, but I think the main part of the character (and more comic relief aspects) is developed in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia which I've not played.

Saber Extra is a different heroic spirit summoned as a Saber class in Fate/Extra. As I've not played Fate/Extra I don't know any details. Saber Lily was really just an alternate outfit for a Fate based fighting game so I don't think she has much of a story. She's apparently referred to as the "Princess Knight" which makes some people claim she's a different Saber from Arturia who is often referred to as "King of Knights" in the Fate stories, but I think that's reading a bit much into it as she has Arturia's swords.

I don't want to go into crazy detail as I don't want to spoil things for everyone. You can PM me if you'd like to know more.

Strife212

Saber in the blue outfit and Saber Alter are the main ones, the rest are spin offs / alternate outfits.

Saber Extra is different though.

rBP74.png