Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

sleepywolf

Are DD owners cat or dog people?

baldylox

Growing up on a farm in the country, I've had just about every type of animal that can be considered a pet. I'm not really partial to either cats or dogs but I guess if I had to pick, then cats would win just because they're easier to deal with and can handle themselves without as much interaction as dogs need.

I used to have 2 cats until one passed away. Now it's just me and Lenny holding down the fort. Whether I get more cats or pets of any type after Lenny goes is still up in the air right now.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

sleepywolf
94 Vinyls, 12 Nekos...
Somehow I read that as 94 nekos and 12 vinyls...

I have cats and dogs both. I love both. Never understood the whole cats vs dogs debate.
Me neither. I mean, it's all personal preferences.

There's only one dog I've met that I wasn't able to build any raport with, and that was the shipperke Bear--that dog was dumber than a box of rocks, and he got rehomed to an equally airheaded owner pretty quickly.
Read about schipperkes on Wikipedia; Sounds like they can be quite stubborn and a handful to deal with.

Cats are too much like people They're only nice when they want something.
Awww, I bet there are nice cats too. Can't really say much since I've never had one or know anyone that has cats.

I have two cats and they keep each other entertained
Cat + Box = Instant entertainment. Never gets old. Haven't figured out why cats are so drawn to boxes and bags. Guess it's their curiosity.

I have had dogs, guinea pigs, ferrets, a squirrel, and mice. I have friends who had/have iguanas, snakes, turtles, rats, horses, hamsters, sugar gliders, and cats. I'm allergic to a few of these but they are all so cute!

Wolves, foxes, fruit bats, and Tyrannosaurs are also terribly cute.

Sounds like miniture zoo. I guess not all at the same time.

Heh, I think i can see something cute in Tyrannosaurs, at least the tiny ones. A big one would be a perfect guard dog though.

I'm not really partial to either cats or dogs but I guess if I had to pick, then cats would win just because they're easier to deal with and can handle themselves without as much interaction as dogs need.
Never had any pets but I've allways imagined cats to be quite independent animals. I think this independence is what appeals to me about cats.

I used to have 2 cats until one passed away.
Lil' Squiggy I remember her, she was quite a character.

Misheru
94 Vinyls, 12 Nekos...
Somehow I read that as 94 nekos and 12 vinyls...

lol...I wold sort of like that as well! Give me a big house overrun with cats, I think I would be in my own little paradise.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

GreenDragon

I'm a neither person. I have never wanted a cat or a dog because ..all of you are going to hate me...I don't like either of them...or any pet actually. I like most animals but not pets. I do like DD's impersonating animals though and have thoughts of having one of mine having cute ears and a tail.

DivinitaAria
I'm a neither person. I have never wanted a cat or a dog because ..all of you are going to hate me...I don't like either of them...or any pet actually. I like most animals but not pets. I do like DD's impersonating animals though and have thoughts of having one of mine having cute ears and a tail.

I actually think it's a really interesting perspective I've always loved animals (not all though, I'm kinda picky...) and used to want to be a vet until I shadowed an operation as a kid and was like..oh man feeling faint, so I knew I would love animals as pets.

Is there any particular reason for not wanting to own pets?

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

LoveLily

Hmmmm! Interesting topic! Before I met my fiance, I was definitely a dog person! I love doggies! But my significant other doesn't really like dogs but he is ok with cats! So we have two cats! I think my fiance worries that a dog may want to make some of his beloved vinyl beauties a chew toy which makes him like them even less which is understandable. The cats just laze about and mostly ignore the dolls except for the occasional swatting at a ribbon or jumping in the doll bag.

As for dressing the dolls as animals, I'm not against anything! Dollies in kigu's are insanely cute! One of my friends has a lion kigu which is adorable! I have put my own dollies in ducky outfits. No animals are off limits! /o/ I can even see a hedgehog outfit being cute! hehe!

Minuette

I would have considered myself a dog/cat person before I had to keep two very high-maintenance Cocker Spaniels for 3 weeks. 3 days in I had a breakdown because they just seemed to completely forget their house training and I couldn't handle it. I felt the whole time like the older of the two dogs was also vying for dominance with me. It was an unhappy 3 weeks. Fiance was in charge of them after that, haha.

So they turned me off of dogs for a while, I'm warming up to them again, though.

That said I would consider myself a cat person, and the only pets I've ever had that I considered "mine" were cats.

chiseen

Speaking up for the minority side here~ Dog person all the way!!!

I've had hamsters, turtles, bunnies, guinea pigs, parrots before. Right now I have two dogs (both of them are getting up in their dog years though

I've played with friends' cats before. Maybe they can sense that I like dogs more, but most of them don't seem to like to hang around me much. Except for one cat. I slept over at my friend's place and in the middle of the night, her chubby cat hopped onto the bed and decided my hair would be a good spot to sleep on (i have long hair), right beside my ear. She was a loud purr-er too.

Jezrah

I've had hamsters, turtles, bunnies, guinea pigs, parrots before. Right now I have two dogs (both of them are getting up in their dog years though

I've played with friends' cats before. Maybe they can sense that I like dogs more, but most of them don't seem to like to hang around me much. Except for one cat. I slept over at my friend's place and in the middle of the night, her chubby cat hopped onto the bed and decided my hair would be a good spot to sleep on (i have long hair), right beside my ear. She was a loud purr-er too.

Well, people who are used to dogs are rarely good with cats if they've never been around them. Cats have to be approached in a completely different manner.

But I'm surprised they don't seem to like you. My cats seem to know when there's a cat hater in their territory, and do things like sit next to them and lick their elbow. But typically they hate strangers.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

chiseen

Well, people who are used to dogs are rarely good with cats if they've never been around them. Cats have to be approached in a completely different manner.

But I'm surprised they don't seem to like you. My cats seem to know when there's a cat hater in their territory, and do things like sit next to them and lick their elbow. But typically they hate strangers.

Yeah, cats are much more independent.

They kind of just ignore me and they don't stick around when I try to pet them. I haven't had that many interactions with cats though, so maybe its only the few that I've encountered? My friend's chubby cat really liked me though and loved belly rubs and sleeping by my ear. XD;

Yukamina

Not all cats have the same temperament. Some are really playful (my cat when he was young, springing all over the place), some are really cuddly and affectionate, some are more distant, some are moody or hide a lot... We just found a kitty outside and took her in for safety (winter in Canada), and she's a complete cuddle bug. We're strangers to her, but all she wants to do is cuddle, ha ha.

Avnia

I'm more a dog person. I always loved them, however....the cat's doesn't seems to agree. I do not know why, but they like to cuddle up to me. Not that I really mind

Coco

I'm a dog and cat person, but I'm really allergic to cats, so I just have a dog. My fiance, however, has cats at his house. I can never live with him. One (formerly 2, RIP Noodlescript) of his cats is a super cuddlebug, I wish I could snuggle with him all day!

We also have a temporary cat at my house we saved from the cold, Yukamina! It was -15 or something out there, and he was really trying to get inside anywhere. He lives in the basement away from the dogs, and he's so super cuddly as well. If my dog didn't try to eat him I would keep him in my room and let him snuggle on my bed with me. I would also need a lot of Benadryl for reals, so I guess my dog's just got my best interests in mind?

My Rika, she's so adorable! I wouldn't mind her dressed up in a cute little Kigu. She could be a cat or a panda! I have thought about nabbing her some magnetic kitty ears just to up her cuteness by tenfold!

Skaf

I like dogs but I adore cats. My family had a colourpoint persian when I was growing up and she was extraordinary. Unfortunately we had to give her away as it turned out my father was allergic.

If I wasn't living in an apartment that doesn't allow pets I'd totally have a cat, probably two actually!

DoomKitty

I'm a cat person who's family owns three dogs, four rats, and I have a horse!

What animal represents my dolls? Sunny is definitely a bratty kitten. Lotti...I dunno. An actually nice kitten? Seems like my want for cats has seeped into my dolls.

katnaper

I grew up with both cats and dogs but actually prefer cats mostly because they were the ones who were inside our house when I was growing up. Our dogs were what you would classify as 'farm dogs' since they weren't allowed to sleep in the house, so I guess I was just closer to the cats. Unfortunately though, I have neither as my husband is allergic to cats and even to the most hypoallergenic of dogs, so no cats or dogs for us.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Dogs0813

I have both cats and dogs and I love them both, but I like cats just a little bit more.

aiRreyes

I don't own any pet at all though I really love cats dogs are fine but I would still prefer kitties :3

6853819370_62b89ea6a5_t.jpg

Home: ~Soleil~ (DD Sendo Erika) ~Lilith~ (DDS Melty) ~Quinzel~ (DDH-07) ~Haruka~ (DD Mio)

Evaglade

I love cats and am currently owned by one. He is very cuddly and loves to use me as a bed as often as he can and gets grumpy when I have to move. He also leaves my dolls and figures alone which is a relief.

With regards to my dollfie dreams I see them as Anime characters living in their own world with their own back history, they "interact" with each other but not me. So for me they don't have "pet" traits but I think neko mimi looks cute and some of the animal onesies I have seen are fun.

FreelancerAlphaOneDashOne

I have 4 cats in the household.

Lumpy, Furburger, Thor God of Thunder, and bleepgotcat (No, I am not making them up!).

Two are mine, two belong to my house mate. Both of mine are short hairs and don't shed too much and are pretty tidy, but the other two are a super long hair puffball and some weird set up of thick, shaggy short hair; and both of them shed like mofo's. Nothing worse than finding stray white cat hairs in my glass display cabinets - which happens a lot. Have to keep my dolls and figures locked away or else the cats will get into them and do what cats do... DESTROY ALL.

The ironic part is Thor, despite apparently being a god and a boy, is by miles the smallest of the lot, he is easily half the weight of my girl Furburger. bleepgotcat is the long hair and is without a doubt the prettiest of the lot with his silky black hair that has a gorgeous copper tint in sunlight, but he's also a massive sook and will run from his own damn shadow sometimes, hence his name.

They are however exceptional at keeping the spiders, bugs and rodents out of the house so I let them hang around.

Kagura (Obitsu 50) | Nadeshiko (Parabox 47) | Ohime (Azone 48) | Mei & Makoto (Parabox 40 F/M)

Minty

I have grown up with both dogs and cats, but I prefer cats. The cats I currently have like to follow me around the house. They are my "posse".

DoomKitty

My chihuahua photo bombed my shoot today, so I took advantage If I can figure out how to post pics I'll get the two I have up. *Total n00b*

Jullietta

I like cats more than dogs, but I have never owned one o(╥﹏╥)o

Turre

I have 6 dogs, but i love cats too. My dogs might be dangerous for cats and we live too close to highway. I think this is not safely place for cats.

But now we got huge rats in stable and garden, and I must think it again.