Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

bux_darkangel

Need Opinions of Crochet Work!!

bux_darkangel

I have done some crochet work for my neighbor's girls (battrastard). Please let me know what you think, as I plan on doing more for his girls and hope to have one of my own. As I complete more projects, I will post pics here.

Thank you to battrastard and his girls for allowing me to have fun.

IMG_0603

IMG_0604

IMG_0602

IMG_0598

IMG_0594

Amber

I think they're really nice! Is that a Jedi robe? Haha, if not... It sure looks like one.

bux_darkangel

Why, yes it's is a Jedi robe. That was a project just to see if I could do it. My neighbor and I kick arround ideas. I like the challwmg of making those ideas a reality

andreamillo5

its a really pretty work! i do crochet myself and i hope to see more of your work =)

Lina

I think you did a really good job! You put in so many nice details it's hard not to love them.

battrastard

The Kiddos and I have been blessed with having such an awesome neighbor!

bux_darkangel and I have been bouncing the ideas of using polymer clay around, for armor and leatherwork

and such.

It's so awesome, to have someone close to home to be so interested in the same things! (literally, we're just across the street from each other!)

Hopefully, we'll get her Suigintou completed soon!

Thanks so much for your comments!

14802546661_066699098b_c.jpgIMG_0592 by rattbastard, on Flickr

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

bux_darkangel

I love the way the robe turned out.

I used a 1.65 mm steel crochet hook and size 10 crochet thread. The crochet is tight enough to hold a shape, but loose enough to allow a natural flow to the robe.

After 6 skeins of crochet thread, numerous test fits, and a lot of "feeling up" the robe, it turned out pretty good. Too bad it's not in my size.

Anteja

Sorry for my critiques, but though i'm a newcomer at this forum, i have been in dolls hobby for 6 years and i'm a crocheter for looong time...

So let me give you some advice, please.

1. Use thinner thread and a smaller sized hook. All crochet things must be at scale of the doll.

2. After you have finished parts of clothing (sleeves, etc.), wet it, pin it and iron, then sew between itselves. Your works will be looking more accurate.

3. Decorate your clothing with buttons, ribbons, beads and other - there is never can be too much))

4. Never stop crocheting, after a long time you will see the difference between old an now working.

I hope it will help you!

Aurora

I rather like the robe - it's big and chunky and looks like she could wear it in a cold climate.

KingyoNingyo

The robe looks super warm. I kinda wish I had one like it right now - for myself!

As Anteja said, I think your work could only be improved by using thinner thread and an even smaller hook. If that's not feasible, how about lace weight yarn and a looser, more airy stitch? It wouldn't be quite correct for the Jedi robe, but it'd do wonders for the scale of the fairy dress.

You've done great work! I look forward to seeing more of your photos. <3

NozomiViolet

I love crochet work on dolls. I know this thread is probably dead at this point, but your work looks great!