Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Pickle

Is it just me or is this a problem? O:

Pickle

I got my DDS body in the mail today for Miu~ (holy crud it is waaaaay bigger than I expected! ^^")

But anyway, I was just playing around with it and noticed some things and was wondering if this is normal for DD bodies to do or if the body I have needs fixed up and/or new parts.

So, I know I have to break the body in (so to say) so that the joints get a bit looser so that I can pose it better. However, my Miu's hands (especially her right one) keeps slowly but surely looking like it's going to easily pop out of the forearm. And I already popped her hands out (since that's how eventually I'm gonna switch hands out since I've seen it done before) and her right one comes out so easily and her left one takes a little more force but barely any and comes right out as well. Are the hands supposed to come out that easily or is this a problem? O: I keep having to push the hands in a little because I fear they will just fall out while I'm posing her. They haven't yet but it's just a thought/worry that is nagging at me. O_o

(BIG EDIT: It is her wrist part attached to her hand that easily wants to come out. Not the small hand part; I was wrong on that part; I apologize!)

Also, I noticed that one shin can hold a pose out to the side while the other just slowly falls back towards the middle of the body. O: (I might be getting new shins anyway but I wondered if anyone else had this problem and knew of a quick fix) EDIT: They both kind of fall at a certain point but I'm not sure if that's just how far they can go or if it is a problem with the shins themselves but it's slow when it does fall and it doesn't ever reach the middle of the body when it stops falling; it just stops at a certain point. They can pose amazing for her to sit on her knees though and it holds, so I'm confused haha~)

The rest of the body is fine and good to go it would seem. Just got to break it in like I said before. 🙂

Miu's head seems to be a bit disproportional but hopefully with putting some clothes on her and a wig, it will look better. x3 Getting her head onto that body was a pain! I put Liz's head on after a few attempts of failing with Miu's and her head just went right on with the first try. -_-" Liz is gonna be the death of me. But a good one hopefully. Hehe~ Miu's head is FULLY on now, after I took icky phone quality pictures of her to show my bf, I noticed her head still wasn't on all the way. DX

Anyway though, I hope you guys can let me know what you think!

First ever (FINALLY) DD body/full DD owner here (needing all the help she can get)~

(And everytime I look at Miu, it looks like she is saying, "Play with me, come on, play with me! ^^ " This is gonna be a fun journey~ )

Thank you for reading and I appreciate any help/advice/comments! :3

Edited by Pickle

Amber

I'm not sure about the hands falling out, that has never happened to me before. The DDS body hands are much easier to remove than the DDII, in my opinion... But it was never so much to where I felt they were falling out.

However with joints slowly "falling" out of place, that happens to me as well. It has happened to me on every type of girl that I own... DDII, DDIII, DDS, and DDdy. I'm not sure why, I just thought that was how they are since it has happened on all of them. I'd also be interested to know if this is not normal.

deadlegato

The old style MDDs are the absolute worst for parts falling out/off randomly. I've had to panic search two conventions now to locate my girl's missing arm. Turns out she dropped it in the same place both times (same hotel, different conventions.) I guess she hates that room.

Haven't noticed the DDS being nearly as bad.

Pickle
Arienette said:
I'm not sure about the hands falling out, that has never happened to me before. The DDS body hands are much easier to remove than the DDII, in my opinion... But it was never so much to where I felt they were falling out.

However with joints slowly "falling" out of place, that happens to me as well. It has happened to me on every type of girl that I own... DDII, DDIII, DDS, and DDdy. I'm not sure why, I just thought that was how they are since it has happened on all of them. I'd also be interested to know if this is not normal.

Yeah, I meant the wrists parts when I said hands. (My bad but I have corrected that in my description) ^^"

The hands themselves are fine though as I have established by popping them in an out instead of the wrist joint that goes inside the forearm. Haha~

Well darn, I thought I had an example of someone on Youtube who had a problem with the shin part but nope, it was the whole leg, so my example is complete crud. XD But yeah, I hope someone can identify if the shin slightly falling slowly down and stopping is normal or not. Sometimes it seems to stay and sometimes it doesn't. It seems to depend on how much I twist the knee part to the side. O:

deadlegato said:
The old style MDDs are the absolute worst for parts falling out/off randomly. I've had to panic search two conventions now to locate my girl's missing arm. Turns out she dropped it in the same place both times (same hotel, different conventions.) I guess she hates that room.

Haven't noticed the DDS being nearly as bad.

WOAH. A whole arm?! Geez that sounds like the original MDD style needed a bit of work~

Good thing I'm going for the MDD3 for one of my girls. ^^ But man, at least you found the arm though! 🙂

Good job!

And ah. Thanks for sharing your story and for your take on the DDS! 🙂

Edited by Pickle

Ayuuya

\'D So far only my DDS has loose knees, where they are a bit floppy when in a bent position... She's fine when she's standing or is sitting... But she's not able to hold bent leg poses as well as my other girls on DDIII bodies.

One thing I've noticed though, is that the torso joint never seems to be as secure after I took my girls apart;;; The arm/elbow joints also sometimes slip out of place, but sometimes it helps with posing their arms better so I don't mind lmao. The joint slippage usually happens while I adjust their pose though, so its not gravity that is affecting it.

Pickle
Ayuuya said:
\'D So far only my DDS has loose knees, where they are a bit floppy when in a bent position... She's fine when she's standing or is sitting... But she's not able to hold bent leg poses as well as my other girls on DDIII bodies.

One thing I've noticed though, is that the torso joint never seems to be as secure after I took my girls apart;;; The arm/elbow joints also sometimes slip out of place, but sometimes it helps with posing their arms better so I don't mind lmao. The joint slippage usually happens while I adjust their pose though, so its not gravity that is affecting it.

Well, at least I can look forward to getting the DDIII body when I finally do. X P

My DDS is really good at bending her knees and keeping it there though. O: It's just when I want the legs to go out to the sides when the knees are bent. Like when your feet go towards your sides. 🙂 She can hold a crossed legged position though while sitting. ^^

I don't have to worry about the torso joint though since my Miu's DDS body does not have it. I have the SS Bust One-Piece Torso Body that came off a Chihaya~ ^^

Yeah, I've also been experiencing the joints becoming loose as you pose the body. However, it just happened so fast, in my case, that I'm concerned a lil' bit. x3

Thank you so much for your take on the situation! : D

Edited by Pickle

Cauldroness
Well, at least I can look forward to getting the DDIII body when I finally do. X P

My DDS is really good at bending her knees and keeping it there though. O: It's just when I want the legs to go out to the sides when the knees are bent. Like when your feet go towards your sides. (: She can hold a crossed legged position though while sitting. ^^

I don't have to worry about the torso joint though since my Miu's DDS body does not have it. I have the SS Bust One-Piece Torso Body that came off a Chihaya~ ^^

Actually, the torso joint is still there, you just can't see it or get to it as easily. You're moving that joint every time you hunch her body forward or arch her back. The internal skeleton is the same, regardless of whether you have a two-piece torso or a one-piece torso; only the outer vinyl skin is different.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Pickle
Cauldroness said:
Pickle said:

My DDS is really good at bending her knees and keeping it there though. O: It's just when I want the legs to go out to the sides when the knees are bent. Like when your feet go towards your sides. 🙂 She can hold a crossed legged position though while sitting. ^^

Actually, the torso joint is still there, you just can't see it or get to it as easily. You're moving that joint every time you hunch her body forward or arch her back. The internal skeleton is the same, regardless of whether you have a two-piece torso or a one-piece torso; only the outer vinyl skin is different.

Huh, when I would pose her, she never seemed to hunch her back or go forward for me. *shrugs*

But I could care less for that since Miu doesn't really have a need to do that~ Thanks for letting me know though.

Edited by Pickle

Jezrah
My DDS is really good at bending her knees and keeping it there though. O: It's just when I want the legs to go out to the sides when the knees are bent. Like when your feet go towards your sides. (: She can hold a crossed legged position though while sitting. ^^

Oh, you mean sitting cutely/ suwarikko? viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10714

That pose is unstable no matter which body you do it with, and she shouldn't be left in that pose for very long because it can deform the vinyl. DD knees are only made to bend a little over 90 degrees so you have to force them to do that pose in the first place.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Pickle
Jezrah said:
Pickle said:

Oh, you mean sitting cutely/ suwarikko? viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10714

That pose is unstable no matter which body you do it with, and she shouldn't be left in that pose for very long because it can deform the vinyl. DD knees are only made to bend a little over 90 degrees so you have to force them to do that pose in the first place.

Yup, that pose. 🙂

I was testing just putting one of her legs like that out while I held her and it slowly fell a bit and still did when I had her standing on my knee and doing the same thing ^^". I don't keep her in that kind of pose though, thank goodness. For now she just sits on my vanity on a white towel holding Liz's head. ^^ If there is too much wobble after I think I've securely got Miu sitting, I usually try to adjust until there barely is any wobble at all before I leave her on her own. :3

Thank you so very much for clearing that up! : D And adding the forum reference picture~ :3

Edited by Pickle

foo
That pose is unstable no matter which body you do it with, and she shouldn't be left in that pose for very long because it can deform the vinyl.

I don't want to try it out, but Danny Choo said that if this happens to the Smart Doll (which has thinner vinyl and is more susceptible), you can use a hair dryer to warm it up and put the vinyl back into shape.