Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

archeotech

2nd hand DD shops in Tokyo?

archeotech

So I'm in Tokyo right now and just wondering if anyone knows anywhere besides Mandarake that sells 2nd hand DD's?

Figure R used to sell them before they closed down =/

Thanks! ^^

archeotech

Thanks but actually tried there as well. The doll section was hidden in the corner of Closet Child. They had a few SD bodies and a selection of outfits and wigs for dolls of different sizes. They did use DD as sizing for outfits and there was some small posters advertising past DD's but they didn't really have any DD's or specific DD related sets. Could be just nobody brings DD stuff there, or they had sold out recently, but did look like they accepted DD dolls so worth maybe having a look for anybody interested.

jadepixel

Ah, that's good to know! They don't have much listed online right now either, probably Mandarake has better buy back rates for DD or just higher traffic from that market

I figure you checked Manda in Nakano and Akiba but I remember there was a lot of doll stuff in Shibuya too, when I visited a couple years ago. I don't think they post all their stock online so it was pretty good picking for Volks outfits especially.

Ayuuya

ACOS Animate ( the older Animate store; http://shops.japan-guide.com/shops/160 ) has a shop that isn't Animate in the same building ( can't remember what floor, might have been 4th? ) that is a second hand shop-- I think. It had some Dollfie Dreams for sale right near the door, there was a fullset KOSMOS for like 70,000-ish yen there when I went in September... If I didn't already have a KOSMOS I would have bought her :'D

Sorry I don't have any concrete details other than the store location, at the time my friend and I were confused about why the Animate store was all cosplay hahaaaa... Neither of us had bothered looking up Animate online since we had both been there on previous visits, turns out it's in a nicer location -- closer to the station now and in a bigger building ww

SakuraSylph

Oh gosh, there are gobs of them. You don't say where you're staying, but you can find them all over so there will probably be a few good options near you. In approximate order of typical stock levels...

• Mandarake (Akihabara, Shibuya, Nakano Broadway)
  • Jungle (Akihabara x2 ~ Radio Kaikan 7F next to Azone is good)
  • Lashinbang Premium Anime Shop (Akiba, several locations, Nakano, etc)
  • Super Position (Akiba, etc)
  • Uchuu (Akiba, etc)
  • Liberty Figure Shop (occasionally on 4F Akiba Store II)
  • Hobby OFF (occasionally, more usually clothes)
  • Closet Child Dollyteria Ikebukuro
  • Other: Misc hole-in-the-wall anime and figure shops will sometimes have them too if you need more

That's just some that are in the Tokyo area. With the names of the shops, you can look up exact addresses online and make yourself a route map if you want to. Or you can just browse and be sure to go in any shops with those names. Akihabara has multiple locations of several shops, so don't forget to visit all of them.

SakuraSylph

sklurk

uuuhuuuuhuuuhuuuu

I have more places to explore next spring when I'm there now.

archeotech

I didn't think Jungle had a physical store o.o Missed that one.

There's a few to investigate from that list =) Thanks SakuraSylph! ^^

We're staying in Kayabacho which has nice and easy access to Akiba and Nakano =)

Ayuuya

Thank you for the list SakuraSylph! I'll save this list for the next time I'm able to go to Tokyo ^^~

Lashinbang is the shop I couldn't remember the name of. . . All I remembered was that it was a weird name... orz

SakuraSylph
I didn't think Jungle had a physical store o.o Missed that one.

Jungle's main store is in Osaka's DenDen town, but they also have two physical stores in Akihabara. The easiest to find is 7F New Radio Kaikan, which is just outside the Akiba Electric Town exit of the station. RK is next door to the giant Volks Hobby Tengoku building, and you can find Dollpoint on 8F of RK so you'll assuredly be going there anyway. I think the most interesting thing I saw in Jungle RK last weekend was Kanzaki Ranko for 110K.

The second Jungle Akiba store is one block over from chuo-dori, in the northern part of town. The Radio Kaikan Jungle has a map posted inside showing how to get to the other one.

You're welcome, and happy hunting. It doesn't matter how long I live here; I'll probably never have a complete catalog of all the stores that sell DDs - treasure hunting is quite fun. That's what I mean by the hole-in-the-wall stuff.

BTW, if you go to Osaka in the future, the same list of stores has branches there too.

Finally, it's not doll-related per se, but right outside the Osaka Shinsaibashi Mandarake (Grandchaos) is another awesome store called Alice on Wednesday.

SakuraSylph

sklurk

such a weird looking concept alice on wednesday... a souvenir/bake shop based on alice. I was trying to decipher their website with google and it mentions something about ticket purchasing, I wonder what that's about. Someone on their facebook mentioned something about ticket admission to the shibuya store.

At any rate,it's directly across from grand chaos.