MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
ABLUE

Mirai Smart Doll Questions

ABLUE

Hi everybody , I'm new to this hobby

I just received my Mirai Smart Doll week ago and I have some questions

_Is it ok if I use Volk Wig Oil Spray on her Wig ?

_I'm going to buy some clothes and shoes from Volk for her , what size should it fit to her ?

Thanks very much

Eiko82

I can't help with the wig or shoes questions.

So far, my Mirai only wears her default shoes. As for clothing, SD13 clothing seems to fit her just pretty well.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

ABLUE

Thanks for the answer I'm looking for new clothes for her because in my country very hard to find a place to make clothes for Doll xD

baldylox
Hi everybody , I'm new to this hobby I just received my Mirai Smart Doll week ago and I have some questions.

Congrats on your girl and welcome to the hobby!

_Is it ok if I use Volk Wig Oil Spray on her Wig ?

Yep. I have that wig spray and it works just fine with no damage to her wig so far.

_I'm going to buy some clothes and shoes from Volk for her , what size should it fit to her ?

For clothing, she should be able to wear just about anything the DD girls can wear. I've tried on lots of Volks stuff for the M and L busts and had them look good on her. You can also try stuff that fits the SD13 girls from places like Taobao and Alices Collections as I have some of that clothing and it's worked out well on Mirai. Not *everything* fits like her default clothing tho so don't expect super tight or form fitting clothing for her from these other dealers. But for the most part, you can use just about anything that fits a standard 58-60 cm sized doll for Mirai.

As far as shoes go, I've tried a few things on her and her feet seem to be just a tad smaller than the Volks DD feet. Most shoes that are 7cm to about 7.5cm fit the DD girls nicely with 7cm being a bit snug/tight. I've tried a few different shoes on my Mirai and she seems to fit most stuff from Alices Collections, Cool Cats and Mint on Card. Some shoes have been a little loose but if you put on some thick socks, that should help out a lot.

Hope that helps a bit!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

ABLUE

What a great answer ! Look like I get all I want to ask ヽ(ΦωΦヽ)

Thanks very much for helping me ]*ΦωΦ)ノ

starkitty

I have bought some causal clothes for Mirai from TREE Design and TTYA.

SD13 size seems to work ok.

Only shoes are SD13 Girl "Ugg" type boots. They fit good, perhaps look slightly large, but they do not fall off. They are also easier to put on Mirai then the shoes that come with her.

ABLUE

Only shoes are SD13 Girl "Ugg" type boots. They fit good, perhaps look slightly large, but they do not fall off. They are also easier to put on Mirai then the shoes that come with her.

The same here , I find it difficult to put on the shoes that come with her xD

annamarie

baldylox ..... where do you buy the chest parts please

Eiko82

Danny offers the medium and large chest parts for sale on his website.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

annamarie

but all it says is how to order the doll

Cauldroness
but all it says is how to order the doll

You should read that page. You need to fill out a reservation form (if you just want the bust, fill out one for Mirai and one for Kizuna, since the busts are the same for both). When orders open again, Danny will email you a link and a password, you'll be able to access the shopping cart where the busts are sold.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

annamarie

thank you, its always nice to ask some else if you don't get it

baldylox
Does anyone have compares pictures how DD heads looks on a smart doll body? ...

Does the color match? Does the size match?

(i would love to see pics )

The color is definitely not a match, Mirai is a little bit darker than the normal skin color of a DD. Also, the hole DD heads is WAY bigger than the hole in Mirai's head so you would have to modify either the stalk on the Smart Doll body to be bigger around or modify the hole in a DD head to make it smaller in order to make one fit properly. Other than that, most DD head sizes and shapes are similar to Mirai's so I'd think it would look ok having a setup like that.

Billy

baldylox
Are you also a smart doll papa?

Yes indeed! I was lucky enuff to be in the very last batch before he went public with her sales. Here's a few pics of her:

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=11275

Billy

Mysha

Forgive me please a dumb question, but Kizuna is my first doll and I'm worried about her like a young parent is worried about his new born child ^^"

About two weeks ago I took Kizuna to a party (ok, hackerspace meeting is hardly called a party, but there were people, so ...) where some guys played with her a bit. In one moment I noticed that her knee became a bit loose, so I took of her jeans and saw that her leg went out of its socket, but not in full (I wish I could describe it more precisely >_< - the leg was still attached to the knee, but clearly was not in right place). So I just grabbed the leg and put in back in place. But since then, the same leg dropped out of socket a few times. Not as far as for the first time, but I had to push it back a little.

And here is my question - should I be worried about it or just every time it happens push it back and forget it? I do not play with her very hard, but I bend her knees back and forth every few hours (changing position on my desk), although I try to be gentle and do not force legs, especially in improper directions.

37542208752_7cbdd8660f.jpg

- Kizuna [smart Doll] - Isabelle [saber Extra + Obitsu60] - Maya [DDS DDH-06] - Angelica [DD Sakuya] - Kitty [MDD Mariko] - Moonlight [smart Doll] - Emily [DD Miku] -

https://annasangels.capsel.org/

Pihlajakoto
Does anyone have compares pictures how DD heads looks on a smart doll body? ...

Does the color match? Does the size match?

(i would love to see pics )

This is Miki Hoshii head on SmartDoll body

15728446253_34af113c12_b.jpg

More pictures here

The color match is good and I just rolled a bit of masking tape around the head peg and the head fit fine. I've changed Miki's body since as I wanted her to be short and SmartDoll has long legs and is the same hight as Dollfie Dream.

My blog Pihlajakoto

sandsea

Just wanted to say thank you for the help on clothes and shoes compatible with Smart Dolls.

Other doll or BJD forums won't "allow" questions about Smart Dolls. not sure why they care.

I'm on the volksusastore website trying to look at the Volks dolls, I can't see anywhere how big or small they are. How do I know if I'm ordering a tiny doll, or a big doll?

baldylox
Just wanted to say thank you for the help on clothes and shoes compatible with Smart Dolls.

Other doll or BJD forums won't "allow" questions about Smart Dolls. not sure why they care.

I'm on the volksusastore website trying to look at the Volks dolls, I can't see anywhere how big or small they are. How do I know if I'm ordering a tiny doll, or a big doll?

Hey there! I'm glad we could help you out a bit!

When looking at doll clothing on Volks website, you need to find things that will fit the DD or SD sized girls ( or guys ) for your Smartdoll. If you have her default chest or the medium then you should be able to fit her into anything listed for the DD Medium or Large. If you have the large or the XL sizes then you might need to look for DDdy sized clothing due to the bigger boobs. The only downside to DDdy clothing for Smartdolls is the pants or skirt fitment because the thighs and hips of the DDdy girls are bigger than the regular DD/Smartdoll sizing.

So basically just see if it will fit the DD M or L busts or if it says SD or SD16 you should be fine. I hope this helps!

Billy

Monty

Just in case you are talking about actual dolls and not the clothing as Baldylox just described for you - the sizes are in the names. All ‘Dollfie Dreams’ are the same height, all ‘Dollfie Dream Sister’ are the same height, all ‘Mini Dollfie Dream’ are the same height, all ‘Dollfie Dream Dynamite’ are the same height. As far as I’m aware the ‘tiny’ Dollfies (which are more like barbies/fashion dolls in size) aren’t sold anymore.

A regular ‘Dollfie Dream’ is about the same height as a SmartDoll, Dynamite is a tiny little bit shorter (the difference is the bust and hip size) DDS is shorter still (it’s like a slightly shorter and more slender DD). MiniDD look like young children next to a DD and there is currently no Smartdoll equivalent to that size.

EDIT: Here is a thread where you can see the DD sizes compared to each other - it doesn’t have a female smartdoll but they are basically the same height as DD - they just have longer legs.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12904 (note that it separates ‘DD’ and ‘DDIII’ - DDIII is what the current DD height is. It was the then most recent version - now f3 is the newest version - but I don’t think there is any height difference between DDIII and DDf3)

This might not be the best thread for this question as it seems to be a very old thread about Mirai's wig and clothes, and tbh I’m...a lil bit confused whether your question is actually about DDs or Smartdolls due to the wording but I hope that answers your question. (Edit: if you were actually talking about SuperDollfie, that’s different again;;)