Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
french_[vanilla]1996

Otome Game heroine dd?

french_[vanilla]1996

Hi guys

So, I hope I am not the only member who likes or plays otome games here. And sorry if I posted this on the wrong thread, for now I really am lost

So, if you guys have not heard of otome or reverse harem. It is like one girl with a bunch of guys catching up to her and otome game 乙女ゲーム otome gēmu literally a "girl game" that is targeted for females and the player is a female character towards some bunch of male.

For me, I am planning to make an otome game once I graduated from college, for now I plan to make my own heroine through dollfie dream, maybe she is more likely an MDD since she is super short and has a physique of a pre-teen girl. Anyways, I would like to see you guys having a custom dollfie dream similar character like the heroines in some otome games. (like Yui from Diabolik Lovers or Chizuru from Hakuoki)

By the way, what otome games do you guys play?

Anna-neko

I wish more otome games were out in english for not-iPhones

'cause not gonna lie... I have played Hakuoki on Vita, 3DS and PS3 already... and still upset Alice in the Country of Hearts was teh worst translation (for something so expensive, for phones! Dammit, QuinRose, why couldn't you hire someone to help)

oh, also Dot Kareshi is a riot, I dont have a disk yet (the disk is Japan imports only, but there are fan translation patches), but have watched someone stream their game and it is a harem.. of RPG tropes! That are all mildly annoyed that you, the player, have somehow warped them with your play, then you get sucked into their game and it goes from there

Thespian

I haven't actually played any otome games, but I'm a fan of the anime and manga spinoffs from otome games!

One of my favorite protagonist designs for an otome series is Haruka Nanami of Uta no Prince-sama fame. Her character is nice, too, but I've found it's rather rare for a protagonist in this genre to be detailed? Or at least it seems that way, probably because more barren characters give the player a chance to project themselves.

I also love Starry Sky, but I haven't been able to think of Tsukiko Yahisa as her own character, so I'm far less interested in a doll of her.

Alice in the Country of Hearts has some really beautiful alternate outfits that would be fun, and I'm really attached to manga Alice (second run, not the one by Tokyopop). She's sassy and takes to garbage from her violent pack of friends. I'd probably die of happiness if there was a Vivaldi DD.

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

french_[vanilla]1996
I haven't actually played any otome games, but I'm a fan of the anime and manga spinoffs from otome games!

One of my favorite protagonist designs for an otome series is Haruka Nanami of Uta no Prince-sama fame. Her character is nice, too, but I've found it's rather rare for a protagonist in this genre to be detailed? Or at least it seems that way, probably because more barren characters give the player a chance to project themselves.

I also love Starry Sky, but I haven't been able to think of Tsukiko Yahisa as her own character, so I'm far less interested in a doll of her.

Alice in the Country of Hearts has some really beautiful alternate outfits that would be fun, and I'm really attached to manga Alice (second run, not the one by Tokyopop). She's sassy and takes to garbage from her violent pack of friends. I'd probably die of happiness if there was a Vivaldi DD.

Haruka is awesome. I don't find her eyes really bad because they're really unique. Actually I would like to see a custom DD of her and so is Felicita from Arcana Famiglia [straight bangs FTW!]

crimsoncat

Ever since I played "Nameless", I have been obsessed with getting the heroine (Eri) from that game. It's literally date your dolls. Seems targeted to our hobby group. http://nl.cheritz.com/en

And Soi... cause she's so adorable.

snooze_button_cat.png

GogumaCat

I’ve been thinking about this very subject myself! I adore Cardia from my favorite game of all time, Code;Realize. I’ve been thinking of either cos-laying her, or making a doll of her, or both haha. I was just thinking about making a DD mc from Collar x Malice too!

Tira

I like the idea of otome games a lot, I just have a hard time getting into any of them because it's hard to find the kind of character dynamics I like in them. (Now, if Fate/Stay Night was an otome game with Rin as the heroine, that'd be more my thing, lol.) That said, I do love the otome game elements in a lot of other games like the more recent Fire Emblem titles or occasional events in gacha games.

Shailara

I'm actually working on an otome game myself for my university thesis (the prologue will be my thesis, which is to be done by the end of June)! Or well, a Visual Novel game, with more of a focus in story rather than relationships, and you can choose whether the MC is female or male (there's a gender neutral avatar too), and you can have a relationship with both girls and guys, so idk if it fits the criteria for otome? The idea was to make the story I have for my dolls (together with my friend and her dolls) into a game, so the romanceables and the MC were additions that aren't in my collection, but all the "NPCs" are dolls I own, and a couple that are still in the works. Some of them are also from the sequel to the game, because of course I have already planned for a sequel and a prequel I actually really love making games, I just need to find a programmer cause I have no ideea how to code even two lines, and while I can do my work with RPG Maker and VN Maker, you can make better games with some scripts and such!

TBH, I've not played a lot of otome games, because I also found it somewhat hard to keep up with them. My favourite genre is a combination of RPG with otome-elements, such as Fire Emblem Awakening / Fates. And besides this first game with will be a fully Visual Novel game, the rest I want to make as RPGs

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Riesz

Otome isn't hentai. 

Anyway, I'd love for a DD to be made of the heroine in Code Realize. She's really cute and has a lot of great outfits from the game! 

spacer.png

Tira
On 10/1/2019 at 6:24 PM, Riesz said:

Otome isn't hentai.

If that's a response to my FSN reference (which unless I'm missing something is the only H-game anyone mentioned?), I'm not referring to the sexual elements but rather the character dynamics.  A lot of times the protagonists in otome games are very bland and passive, and I prefer more dominant female characters with a memorable personality.

cfx
2 hours ago, Tira said:

If that's a response to my FSN reference (which unless I'm missing something is the only H-game anyone mentioned?), I'm not referring to the sexual elements but rather the character dynamics.

We had a spammer posting now-deleted links to some kind of hentai website, which is what @Riesz' comment is in reference to.

Tira
9 hours ago, cfx said:

We had a spammer posting now-deleted links to some kind of hentai website, which is what @Riesz' comment is in reference to.

Thanks for the explanation.