Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
MsGeek

Albino chick...should she be Yumiko's doppleganger or...

MsGeek

I have been tossing around this idea of a white skinned DD2 for months now. No, actually it's been a full year, because I saw Mr. Postman's Saber Alter up close and personal last year at Anime Los Angeles, and have been obsessing about this idea. Since Saber Alter is just totally out of the question considering that she is going for a bomb and a half and all of your limbs, I have been thinking of yet another custom dollieh.

The big question is this: how to "fit her in" with the rest of my dolls.

Scenario 1: Somehow or another Yumiko's counterpart from another dimension shows up. After much mutual screaming, they eventually settle down and try to figure out what to do next.

Scenario 2: She's Yumiko's ancestor, her great-grandmother, who has been watching over her. She looks a lot like Yumiko but she's gone through a change in her spirit form...she's pale and ethereal.

And now this hits me from left field, after looking at a couple of really awesome Aoi girls...I used to hate her look, but she has grown on me considerably, especially with the idea of GRRL WHO KICKS BUTT. When I started thinking of the pale skinned girl idea again tonight, I began to ponder the idea of a white skinned DDH-02 girl who is a time-traveling bad grrl. Sort of an adaptation of, and a tip of the hat to, Michael Moorcock's idea of the Eternal Champion. She shows up everywhere from the distant legendary past to the near future with Steampunk and Noir incarnations in between. That would be Scenario 3.

The thing is, though...the third option, as appealing as she might be, is impossible to fit in with the rest of my dolls. They just don't match. It's not even peanut butter on chocolate or chocolate in peanut butter. There is one possibility: she's a game avatar. Maybe she's a fantasy going on in Sarge's head. Maybe she's Sarge's game avatar. Or something.

All I know is that I want to make a beautiful albino girl. Either with a DDH-03 head or a DDH-02 head. Oh yeah, and link to more inspiration, courtesy of Dollieh Sanctuary (great site, y'all should check it out)

http://www.dolliehsanctuary.com/sanctuary/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1789

Galvatim

I, too, have though of doing a white skiined DD. A ghost type character would be cool, my original idea was Sadako from The Ring. Let's just say Aoi-chan didn't think summoning a malevolent spirit was the best idea I've ever had... So I do think your spirit idea is pretty cool.

I also like the game avatar idea. Aoi and Natsuki actually have video game avatars! Natsuki inspired my Dragon Age character, and Aoi served as the basis for my Divinity 2 character. Aoi even has a pair of metallic silver eyes to match the game. Perhaps Sarge could even be consulting or otherwise involved in game production? That would open up a few ways to write in this new character.

Yumiko's counterpart from another universe... Hmm, I get a little weirded out thinking of Yumiko with a goatee.

MsGeek
Yumiko's counterpart from another universe... Hmm, I get a little weirded out thinking of Yumiko with a goatee.

ROTF LMAO!!!

For the young'uns who might not get the joke: it's a reference to an episode of Star Trek: The Original series. "Mirror Mirror." Just see the darn thing. Know your history, young geek padawans... cbs.com has streaming episodes for US residents.

mitsuki

I know that episode!

I love the idea of an albino Yukino, but I also like the DDH-02 idea. I would want them all, so I am no help at all. No matter what you decide, I think she will look awesome!

baldylox

I'm not a huge Trek person but I do think I know what you are talking about. Is it similar to when Micheal Knight and Gar dueled it out? Basically the bad guy Gar was Micheal Knight with a bad mustache... Classic stuff.

I can't help on your character background much either. I do think the Sarge Avatar idea is neat tho. Kinda like Tron in reverse... instead of getting pulled into the computer, the avatar gets pulled OUT into the real world. Neat concept.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Galvatim
I can't help on your character background much either. I do think the Sarge Avatar idea is neat tho. Kinda like Tron in reverse... instead of getting pulled into the computer, the avatar gets pulled OUT into the real world. Neat concept.

This sounds cool!

Another thought, Yumiko's doppleganger could have spiritual/medium type powers, and channel the spirit of her great-grandmother.

MsGeek

I think I'm going to go with the game character that somehow enters the Real World idea. I think it will be quite poignant to have Sarge becoming more and more attached to the MMORPG she plays because in the game she can run and jump and is not confined to a wheelchair.

baldylox
I think I'm going to go with the game character that somehow enters the Real World idea. I think it will be quite poignant to have Sarge becoming more and more attached to the MMORPG she plays because in the game she can run and jump and is not confined to a wheelchair.

I think that will work well. I can see Sarge doing that as a sort of "escape" even tho I don't think she would own up to it being that to anyone since she is a strong willed girl and wouldn't want to be seen as "weak". At least that's how I see it but I could be way off.

It's still a cool idea tho, I hope you get it worked out!

Billy

mitsuki

That sounds like a fantastic plan, MsGeek! You are totally right about that being poignant. It's a perfect idea.

Nakitaninja
Scenario 2: She's Yumiko's ancestor, her great-grandmother, who has been watching over her. She looks a lot like Yumiko but she's gone through a change in her spirit form...she's pale and ethereal.

I love, love, LOVE this idea. Have you seen Mushi-shi (http://www.funimation.com/mushishi/)? The first episode involved this concept and it is AWESOME.

I love the idea of a white DD from the post Volks USA did on how different face-ups can change the character of a doll... lemme see here.... you've probably seen it....

http://site.volksusa.com/sumikatimes/2009/07/15/dd-double-take/

Isn't she just gorgeous? Anyhow, I think it's a fantastic idea to create a mystical counterpart for your original character. ^^

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

baldylox
Have you seen Mushi-shi (http://www.funimation.com/mushishi/)? The first episode involved this concept and it is AWESOME.

Sorry to go off topic here but I *had* to say something....

I LOVE MUSHISHI!

That show was awesome, I really enjoyed watching it. I'm a huge anime nerd so when you mentioned one of my favorite shows, I had to comment.

Billy

kathelune

What would have happened to someone with Albinism in the 16th century? I'm writing a story and a character in it is Albino. It takes place in the 1500s in Austria, Romania, Italy, and Great Britain. Would anything bad happen to this character due to Albinism in this places in this time period.