Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

la_

Hello KIKIPOP!!

bitterfishies

I got my kikipop!

The wig was super easy to remove, but I think it's because their quality control was off for my girl

There's a small spot on her chin where the blushing chipped off before she got to me, she doesn't want to sit easy, she's also got weak knees, her clasped hands peg slots are filled with flashing, her right hand is stained, while her left hand keeps wanting to fall off.

But! that being said I still love her. She's cute as a button. I'm hoping the still hip joints will loosen up, and her weak knees aren't much of an issue with the stand. I've always love yo-sd size and I"m so glad to have gone back to that size. Plus now I finally have a doll that's somewhat in scale for my mini-formers. She's already claimed the twins

21444535040_e734e75ce1_c.jpgIMAG0728 by carolyn w, on Flickr

21632647165_730c574ca8_c.jpgIMAG0727 by carolyn w, on Flickr

21641548621_e679647344_c.jpgIMAG0726 by carolyn w, on Flickr

21641548751_87966bb49e_c.jpgIMAG0725 by carolyn w, on Flickr

21011443913_658bd1f6b1_c.jpgIMAG0724 by carolyn w, on Flickr

21445631269_4574014b96_c.jpgIMAG0723 by carolyn w, on Flickr

Pihlajakoto

Your Kiki is fun bitterfishies! I'm glad to hear that the wig was easy to remove because I'm hoping to take the wig of my Kiki and try long pink wig on her. Now if I just could get my Kiki out of the customs...

My blog Pihlajakoto

bitterfishies
Your Kiki is fun bitterfishies! I'm glad to hear that the wig was easy to remove because I'm hoping to take the wig of my Kiki and try long pink wig on her. Now if I just could get my Kiki out of the customs...

boo customs I hope she gets out fast for you! And that you don't have to paya ton of fees, one girl had to pay $85 CAD

beesou

Is anyone else having a problem with Kikipop's spare fist hands? The holes wouldn't fit the peg. I managed to make the holes little bit bigger and it still wouldn't go in all the way through.

la_

$85? Glad Canadian customs missed my box.

I got my girl today. She's surprisingly heavy for a vinyl doll!

Her spare hands have really small holes. I'm going to use a blow dryer on them before I try again.

bitterfishies

Sounds like everyone is having problems with the closed hands. I took a scrap of sand paper and opened them up a bit. They're still a tight fit though.

They are heavy little girls. XD

beesou

I kind of ended up wiggling the holes with pliers to make it larger. and yes it's still a very tight fit. Maybe I'll try the blow dryer or some kind of heated metal rod. Just FYI, to anyone who's planning to use acetone to remove Kiki's faceup, do not attempt it. I used acetone and it melted the surface of Kiki's face and left white marblings all over the face. I did manage to fix it using sandpaper and other solvents but just FYI.

bitterfishies
Just FYI, to anyone who's planning to use acetone to remove Kiki's faceup, do not attempt it. I used acetone and it melted the surface of Kiki's face and left white marblings all over the face. I did manage to fix it using sandpaper and other solvents but just FYI.

oi vey! I'm glad you where able to fix it. I've been temped to remove the chin blushing. I guess I'll leave it be for now.

beesou

oi vey! I'm glad you where able to fix it. I've been temped to remove the chin blushing. I guess I'll leave it be for now.

Yes. I don't know if Winsor & Newton Brush Cleaner would work better because right after I've realized that the acetone is melting the face I cleaned the head with magic eraser, sandpaper and W&N Brush Cleaner. I could smell the plastic melting when I was using W&N Brush Cleaner but the smell was not as strong as acetone, but I'd say it's still pretty much harmful for the material.

My Kiki came with imperfect chin blushing as well.

Yukamina

I try to only use rubbing alcohol for dolls in general, I've never had trouble with it, but I hear about issues with acetone and W&N now and then. Not promising it will work for Kiki, but if I were to remove her faceup I would try rubbing alcohol for it. Uncolored acetone-free nail polish remover seems to be safe as well.

I'm still waiting for my Kiki to arrive! I hope I love her >_< I'm a little nervous now after hearing there are quality control issues on such a pricey little doll.

beesou

I don't know if this is going to help anyone, but here's some photos I took step by step as I was prepping Kiki for new faceup. The page is in Korean but if you use Google Chrome and use built-in translation system you can kind of understand it. (although majority of translation is funny)

Opening Box - Kikipop: http://123456.postype.com/post/22070/

Disassembling Kikipop and removing faceup: http://123456.postype.com/post/22433/

Kikipop faceup 1: http://123456.postype.com/post/22867/

Review of Mofu Mofu Hitsuji-san clothes set : http://123456.postype.com/post/22076/

Mods please delete if this is not allowed. I thought it could be helpful to someone.

Edited by Guest

beesou
I try to only use rubbing alcohol for dolls in general, I've never had trouble with it, but I hear about issues with acetone and W&N now and then. Not promising it will work for Kiki, but if I were to remove her faceup I would try rubbing alcohol for it. Uncolored acetone-free nail polish remover seems to be safe as well.

I've never used rubbing alcohol in the past. maybe I'll try using it on kiki, if I decide to re-do her faceup in the future. And yes, acetone is harmful to lot of dolls but (at least for me) it was safe to use them if I don't use too much of them & do it fast. Kiki started to fume the smell of melting plastic right after it touched acetone, so it was new for me.(was in this hobby for 10+ years)... I guess I'll try the rubbing alcohol next time! Thank you for your suggestion. At least I learned my lesson!

katzilla

beesou, thanks for posting those links. I'd been wondering which would be the best method for removing the headcap so I could change my Kiki's eyes as I've been wanting to swap them out for some 18mm Makoeyes Urethanes I've had ready for her. Now at least I know to go for the hairdryer method over trying to pry them appart. I'd been considering using a blade but didn't want to damage the faceplate as a consequence so was considering a hairdryer or my old hot hair craft gun as an alternative. Now I know the hot air method works I know which way to go

Kira343

Just got the shipping notification on my doll . Been looking at all the user pictures online... shes adorable!

bitterfishies

Thanks for the links Beesou! They'll help me out a lot if I decided to do customizing.

lilli

Hello

I'm new to this forum.... I just wanted to share with you my excitment!..my kikipop has landed (in custom ) ..but she shohuld be arriving home pretty soon!

Yukamina

I picked up my Kiki from the post office today! One of the first things I ended up doing was changing her wig--I've seen her in the default already and I wanted to see how the one I've had waiting would look. I like it!

IMG_6340_zpsstphgr1j.jpg

It's a size 7-8 wig from FormyDoll, I believe. I thought it might be too small, but it had enough stretch to work.

beesou

So excited to have Kikipop. Yukamina, your Kikipop is very cute. I was meaning to get teal wigs too but it's so nice to see Kikipop with teal colored wigs. So pretty.

I gave me Kikipop a new faceup and played with her. No regrets on this girl

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

bitterfishies

Yukamina and Beesou, your girls looks so cute!

Teal is a perfect color for kiki's

Yukamina

Thanks! I'm wondering if I should just call her Kiki or if I should pick a new name for her...

And Beesou, your Kikipop's faceup is lovely, it makes her look more mature (somehow) and feminine.

jazijaz
I don't know if this is going to help anyone, but here's some photos I took step by step as I was prepping Kiki for new faceup. The page is in Korean but if you use Google Chrome and use built-in translation system you can kind of understand it. (although majority of translation is funny)

Opening Box - Kikipop: http://123456.postype.com/post/22070/

Disassembling Kikipop and removing faceup: http://123456.postype.com/post/22433/

Kikipop faceup 1: http://123456.postype.com/post/22867/

Review of Mofu Mofu Hitsuji-san clothes set : http://123456.postype.com/post/22076/

Mods please delete if this is not allowed. I thought it could be helpful to someone.

This is completely unrelated to the topic but I'm just dying to know and my Google Chrome is not translating anything >_<

May I know what sculpt is this little guy? http://123456.postype.com/post/16194/ the other 2 also look adorable

beesou

This is completely unrelated to the topic but I'm just dying to know and my Google Chrome is not translating anything >_<

May I know what sculpt is this little guy? http://123456.postype.com/post/16194/ the other 2 also look adorable

D: do your work, Google Chrome!

Thank you for your compliment. The top photo is Volks Yosd Kun. Little guy with many expressions. The other two is Volks Yo-tenshi Mamu and Volks Yosd Puff.

Thank you all for nice words. I can't wait for next version of Kikipop.

zierli

@beesou

yours is amazing. Love it!

I picked mine up yesterday, customs had her forever...

zierli1444467653.jpeg

Pic of my family..

love the pink hair. XD

moenia

Just ordered my sweet Hello KIKIPOP! Dollie / Honey Pink. ^^

I'm excited, hopefully I can get her by next week.

Any recommendations for clothes and wigs for KIKI?

jazijaz

D: do your work, Google Chrome!

Thank you for your compliment. The top photo is Volks Yosd Kun. Little guy with many expressions. The other two is Volks Yo-tenshi Mamu and Volks Yosd Puff.

Thank you all for nice words. I can't wait for next version of Kikipop.

Thanks a lot!!! Volks SD Kun is one of my favorite Volks dolls but I didn't know there was a yo-sd!! no wonder I was in love with your doll at first sight. Hehe