Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

la_

Hello KIKIPOP!!

scheli79

oh this dolls are so cute , sadly they are a bit to tiny for my taste but love to see pics of their cute faces

Riesz

694_2.jpg

I was checking Azone new releases this morning and omg this new Kiki is too cute... and it's awesome that she comes with pierced ears!  I have two Kikis already, one in the smiling face and one in the open mouth face, but it's still hard to resist these cuties. @onion24@

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll

nati

I'm counting the days until the pre-order of new Kikipops will be available! I also own a Kikipop (the Honey Marmelade Pink Hair one) and the dolls in that new release are both so cute, I can't resist!

knc

Both girls are so cute! I need a hoekuchi kiki in my life and I like this one much more than the Pipipoppi idols.

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll
  • Like 1

Starwaia

Ack, I didn't realize there was a thread for these cuties! Serves me right for not actually looking lol... though it says I'm following it so I must have stumbled upon it at some point, so maybe I just forgot.

On 9/8/2020 at 8:37 AM, Majikaru-Rin said:

Reviving this thread just to announce I will finally be getting a Kikipop girl! I found a Shirozukin-chan 5th Anniversry on Mercari a while ago and was waffling on getting her, I kept going back to her randomly and her cute face and styling won me over today. I'm so excited to finally have one of these cuties in my doll family 😊 I'll probably spam some pics here once she arrives.

Congrats on getting one of these lovelies! Definitely do spam pics when you can. Are you planning to customize her or keep her as she is? Such a cute outfit, I wonder if there have been a bunch of releases that haven't been mentioned on this thread(since it is pretty old/dead) so now I gotta look. Not that I should be getting any more dolls. But I wonder...

One other thing, I discovered a while back that my Kikipop can wear my resin mini's shoes. They don't even look really that bad but they are a bit big... but she can actually stand up when wearing them! Here's a pic from my Instagram from back then but unfortunately my photo skills were next to nonexistent at the time and the ones with the full body are cropped so you can't really get a sense of scale re: feet to the rest of the body. I'll have to take more sometime.

I've also never actually tried on the shoes that came with her so IDK if they have the issue described in this thread with just not fitting right. Same for the alternate hands. I kinda got her and kept her in a box for a while but I really want to do more with her! I was in the process of making a simple(really simple) top for her back when I was new to sewing but IDK where I even put the stuff for it. Her stand also broke at one point due to carelessness which was pretty distressing, but I might be able to find something that works as well if I actually look.

All in all I really want to do more with her when I can! I'd like to try to look for other wigs but I do love her current one as well and worry about damaging it if I remove it. She's very lovely as she is so I don't want to risk ruining that look, but I also love the customizations I've seen people do and have some ideas of my own. I might just have to try to get a second one someday that I feel up to playing around with more elaborately. They're all just too cute!

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 4 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll
  • Like 2

iPOUT

Sorry if it feels like I'm not adding much to the discussion but I have a question about Kikipop dolls. How posable are they? There are two new ones up for preorder that are based on chocolate and I'm thinking about ordering one, but I feel like I don't know much about Kikipop dolls nor can I find out a lot about them online. I'm mainly just curious how posable are they and does their quality match well with the price (the new dolls cost 250 USD each)?

Misuka

Not very. (I have a azone kikipop and the resin ones are more pose-ability if you want to shell out.) The azone plastic/vinyl ones have a very limited range. They can hold cute positions but nowhere near as intense as other azone dolls. Do they feel quality? yes, they are well made, solid dolls. But since they have a sort of chubby design, they can only flex so far.

iPOUT
8 hours ago, Misuka said:

Not very. (I have a azone kikipop and the resin ones are more pose-ability if you want to shell out.) The azone plastic/vinyl ones have a very limited range. They can hold cute positions but nowhere near as intense as other azone dolls. Do they feel quality? yes, they are well made, solid dolls. But since they have a sort of chubby design, they can only flex so far.

Thanks for the reply. That gives me a lot to think about and consider. I already know I wouldn't shell out for a resin kikipop because they're nearly $500 for a blank doll and for that money, there are resin dolls from other artists I'd rather buy for that price. So I guess I really need to think about if I want the chocolate mint kikipop doll. Once again, thanks Misuka. 😄

Malloruru

The more I look through dolls the more I add to my wish lists.. and kikipop just jumped onto my list. She’s so hard to find information on though!! I’d seen some shown to have peg attaching hands, while other runs have magnets. Do all of the newer models have magnets these days? And there seems to be not much of a difference between them all at the sculpt level besides the two mouth options. In that case, any will do if you plan to change up the hair and clothes right? 

chantelle

Just wondering but has anyone tried to hybridize a Kikipop head on a different doll? For example like on a MDD or DD body as the head uses 8-9 in wigs so it should scale well

Oculae

@Malloruru Are you sure you're not looking at the resin ones? Both the resins and these are called Kikipops to the point where collectors often have to specify when selling. I haven't heard of any of the Azone Kikipops using magnet hands...that'd be very unusual at this size, especially when no other Azone dolls I've seen use magnet hands, even the big ones.

As for sculpt, I haven't seen any changes to the body sculpt in the release history when I did my own research. Wig size is 8-9 regardless of the head's expression and they should all fit clothes made for Kikipop.

@chantelle  I imagine you'd need to really widen the neck hole to get the head to sit right on a larger body. They're on a chubby styled 1/6 body from what I've seen during my own research, so it'd be like trying to mod a Blythe to go on a DD.

Also thank you both for reviving this topic, now I have someplace to put some Kikipop pics of my own when mine arrives! These dolls are so adorable. ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

chantelle
12 hours ago, Oculae said:

@chantelle  I imagine you'd need to really widen the neck hole to get the head to sit right on a larger body. They're on a chubby styled 1/6 body from what I've seen during my own research, so it'd be like trying to mod a Blythe to go on a DD.

Thank you! Sounds interesting, not sure if I am brave enough to try but maybe one day if I ever get my hands on a Kikipop!

Malloruru
19 hours ago, Oculae said:

@Malloruru Are you sure you're not looking at the resin ones? Both the resins and these are called Kikipops to the point where collectors often have to specify when selling. I haven't heard of any of the Azone Kikipops using magnet hands...that'd be very unusual at this size, especially when no other Azone dolls I've seen use magnet hands, even the big ones.

As for sculpt, I haven't seen any changes to the body sculpt in the release history when I did my own research. Wig size is 8-9 regardless of the head's expression and they should all fit clothes made for Kikipop.

Also thank you both for reviving this topic, now I have someplace to put some Kikipop pics of my own when mine arrives! These dolls are so adorable. ❤️

Ahh thank you, I was looking through whatever reviews I could find and maybe that was it. Confusing when they are both named the same thing T-T 

I would love to see pics when you get yours! Which version did you go for? 

Oculae

I went for the basic smiley one, but I'm not sure what release she's from! I got her secondhand with no wig off Instagram, and I think those clothes on her are handmade. I'm modding her to look like another doll of mine so I didn't want to ruin a fullset.

Screenshot_20230322_092723_Firefox.jpg.385be7367b32fc6a69236142ecec5d66.jpg

• Like 2

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Malloruru

Oh my gosh, while searching sales posts I just found the coolest kikipop custom and I’m so considering buying her because she just gave me SUCH inspiration from her for a Takashi Murakami inspired doll 😍 do you think she’d look good? Maybe changing her eyes to spirals and giving her little fangs 

https://jp.mercari.com/item/m52121938414

I wouldn’t want to buy her if I change her faceup ;-; 

Oculae

If you don't get her, I might. 😆 She's beautiful! The spiral eyes would suit her well and I think little fangies would be PERFECT! I love Takashi Murakami's art, Kiki is a good fit for the style!

My Kiki just arrived at my house today, so now I can officially show off the rough sketch of my custom plans:

Screenshot_20230318_071946_Instagram.jpg.e0ef3e2693addc3f76b894c0169b4bea.jpg

I'm making a smaller version of my cyclops girl, Poppy! Kiki's sweet face suits Poppy's expression perfectly and she looks small enough to be extra portable and maybe even fit into fashion doll stuff, so I'm very excited. I'm hoping to start on the cyclops mod today!

• Like 5

tinydollproblem

A mini Poppy!!!🤩

Malloruru
7 hours ago, Oculae said:

If you don't get her, I might. 😆 She's beautiful! The spiral eyes would suit her well and I think little fangies would be PERFECT! I love Takashi Murakami's art, Kiki is a good fit for the style!

My Kiki just arrived at my house today, so now I can officially show off the rough sketch of my custom plans:

Screenshot_20230318_071946_Instagram.jpg.e0ef3e2693addc3f76b894c0169b4bea.jpg

Woaaww oh my gosh that’s going to be such a cool and huge mod! Can’t wait to see how it turns out! Kikis definitely have a vibe about them that is perfect for some more crazy artistic but cute looks 

Oculae
On 3/21/2023 at 1:19 PM, Oculae said:

so it'd be like trying to mod a Blythe to go on a DD.

OKAY UPDATE

I have torn my kiki apart asd it turns out that her neck hole is actually quite big for this scale. This is big enough to fit an Obitsu neck, though MDD and DD not so much.

20230322_212714.jpg.a73d619c95f14e045bf4d5b800964db0.jpg

In order to clear this hole out though, you need to remove her combination neck and eye holder, which is glued to the inside of her head:

20230322_212922.jpg.f7ab665cb38dac4334630573c54e3336.jpg

The divot in the neck piece is where her body's neck joint ACTUALLY goes, and the hole in the bottom of the head is just a way to access this. Pop it out and you've got yourself a decent head for an Obitsu! From there you just need to disassemble an Obitsu neck peg, stick a wide washer inside the head to keep the top part of the peg from slipping out of the hole, and then reassemble. Not too bad of a hybrid! Here's how she looks on a Parabox boy bust, since that's what I had on hand:

20230322_213839.jpg.cc57374002f853fcc05ea8b696c2416b.jpg

Mine seems to be an early release judging by how yellow her glue was, so the color match might be better with newer Kikipops.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

PolitelyNefarious

@Oculae  This Poppy is going to be precious! The round Kiki cheeks and blunt nose suit her well. Are you planning to put her on a different body, or keep her on the Kikipop one?

18 hours ago, Malloruru said:

Ahh thank you, I was looking through whatever reviews I could find and maybe that was it. Confusing when they are both named the same thing T-T

I have briefly owned both and can confirm: the resin ones have magnetic hands, while the Azone ones have hands on pegs. By default, Kikipop comes with an open and a closed set of hands. I believe Kinoko Juice, the resin dolls on which Kikipop is based, do too.

For pros, the resin ones are more posable, and their headcaps come off so you can change their eyes. The elastic holding them together allows them to flex more at the arms and knees and, if you stick wire in there, even hold those poses. The vinyl ones are limited by their joints, and their heads are not intended to open.

On the other hand, you can take vinyl Kikipop out in the sun, while resin should stay out of UV and direct sunlight to avoid fast yellowing. Also, Kinoko Juice has been recasted, so unless you get a secondhand girl with her box and all her papers, you're safer buying the vinyl girls, or just saving up for a new one from Kinoko Juice's Etsy. They're adorable though, and pose surprisingly well with simplistic joints. I'd like to own one again someday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg

Malloruru
On 3/23/2023 at 11:41 AM, Oculae said:

20230322_213839.jpg.cc57374002f853fcc05ea8b696c2416b.jpg

The neck is too long but I kind of really dig kikis really cute stylized head on a large scale body like this.. why does it look so good! 

and I ended up buying that customed kiki she was just too cute (о´∀`о) !!!I couldn’t resist .

imagine looking into a doll and then impulse buying it 5 days later .. oops 😬 hahaha 

• Like 4