The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

gingerchu

Faceup removal question I can't find the answer to.

gingerchu

Hello all,

I just received my first MDD that unfortunately had some enhancing done to the original faceup. I debated whether to try and save what's left of the original faceup but I think it's best to start over. I have been reading the threads here on how to remove a faceup . I have figured out that W&N can yellow a head so I went with the 90% isopropyl rubbing alcohol suggestion. Unfortunately my attempt yesterday has left little white streaks on the head where the brows were. It's not the MSC. I have done faceups on resin dolls and know that MSC can turn white when removing it but this is different. It's actually the vinyl that has turned white. The streaks are very faint and very hard to capture. I am so afraid to continue my removal as these streaks showed up on the easy part of the faceup removal. I've yet to tackle the actual remaining Volks faceup. Oh and I even tried regular strength rubbing alcohol since the enhancement was not sealed and still got the white streaks. Hoping someone here can help.

And I can't figure out how to post a picture. I guess I'm not authorized to do so since I am new.

Freyacchi

Hnmm.have you tried to gently wash the head with water and soap? I get the lines sometimes as the alcohol dries up. You should always wash the head asap after using any chemicals on it.

Other thing i can suggest to remove face up is non acetone (very important) nail varnish remover. It's the only thing i use now on both Resin and DDs.

You can embed link from flickr or photobucket in your post

Too.. many.. cute.. dollfies.. CPR for my wallet please!!

Proffesional Face up artist. Follow me at https://www.facebook.com/freyacchis.workshop/

gingerchu

I did was the head with soap and water immediately after using the alcohol and still have the streaks. Unfortunately I have tried every way possible to post a picture and it seems I do not have permission to do so

SydiaYuki
I did was the head with soap and water immediately after using the alcohol and still have the streaks. Unfortunately I have tried every way possible to post a picture and it seems I do not have permission to do so

You need to reach 20 posts on the forum before being able to add links e images , it's to prevent spam/bot accounts

****** My Custom DD outfits shop ******My Custom Faceups shop ******

Girls at home:

Lilac - DD2 WS + DDH-06 /Primrose - White Christmas Alna head /Iris - DDS NS + DDH-05 modded /Amaryllis - MDD NS + DDH-06 modded

gingerchu

Yeah, I figured out my picture posting problem. Once I get enough post I will share the picture.

gingerchu

Ok, going to try sharing the picture again because I'm really nervous about moving forward with the faceup removal. My poor doll has no eyebrows and the face has a grayish tent to it that's shiny

cirno_zpsuvny0jhs.jpg

Cauldroness

Have you tried removing them physically, instead of chemically?

A Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is essentially very fine sandpaper, so it won't change the shape of the face but it might be enough to get the marks out of the vinyl.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

gingerchu
Have you tried removing them physically, instead of chemically?

A Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is essentially very fine sandpaper, so it won't change the shape of the face but it might be enough to get the marks out of the vinyl.

I did try that but I still see the marks. I will give the Magic Eraser another go just to see what happens. I used Q-tips to remove the paint. Do you think that has something to do with the marks?