Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
finnleo

Quick mini mod mini rucksack project.

finnleo

again a bit of a smash and grab job that came about a long term idea that I didnt really count on happening anymore.

I've been wanting to go out taking picture of the ladies at the great out-doors but with some twist of my own.

Watching encouragement of climb (Yama no susume) I started wondering about the idea of actual hiking sets. and naturally a backpack to go with that. Naturally there are backpacks available in different flavors, but the want to have something that a hiker might actually have started brewing.

Then I stumbled across a bit of merchandise that went along with another favorite of mine, Girls und Panzer, and a miniature version of the crowd favorite nutcase Yukari's rucksack that she had on her incursion onto the sanders boat.

The first but, was that it was actually released a few years ago so getting one now might not happen... but Amiami did provide the goods, and oh my how good it was:

19008664308_ee106ec95e_z.jpg

rucksack000

There was just one little other but, which I had feared since the sale pictures only showed the back of it.

Its a belt accessory.

19008665008_14d631ba4d_z.jpg

rucksack001

This was a bit of a shame, since I was really hoping for actual shoulder straps, but I was prepared to mod it if necessary... but in the end not much was needed.

Some strips of pleather for the straps, a few hooks from Ikea curtain hangers bent into new shapes, a few buckles borrowed from a Ao outfit that I didn't find that attractive in person, and some old denim formed the basis for the straps:

19008666218_d90b6726af_z.jpg

rucksack002

All bits and bobs fit onto things already on the pouch, so minimal fuss, apart from putting the straps together was needed.

19008667538_ea9e9d4534_z.jpg

rucksack003

I would have liked the original designs over-boob-strap but I didn't want to gut an outfit for a latch small enough.

Size wise it is pretty nice:

19190407842_97b42d6cae_c.jpg

rucksack004

Now to see if the weather and free time adds up... though probably not.

• Thanks 1

Innocentsake

I love when you are able to find things that are the perfect fit for these girls At least you didn't have to do too much work to make the straps. Such a great looking bag to put all your essentials in

finnleo
Pretty neat backpack! Sometimes a minimal rework is the best change.

Looks like it could be big enough for a small pocket sized camera.

Thanks, it did turn out pretty nice with just concetrating that little extra on the straps.

I think its good for a clam-shell type of cellphone also, atleast my old W380 Ericsson would fit into it easily.

I love when you are able to find things that are the perfect fit for these girls At least you didn't have to do too much work to make the straps. Such a great looking bag to put all your essentials in

mm.. its always fun, though this time it was a bit more effort and nervous anticipation than my usual finds at the grocers -- but in the end was well worth all of the wait.

Chang Kou-lao

Great job, I've found a few a couple small backpacks without straps that are actually camera bags over the years, I just haven't gotten around to converting any. I did find some tiny plastic buckles at the hobby store recenty that might work for them.