Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
kaylynh1

@-@; uh.. hi from colorado

kaylynh1

Newbie here. from the beautiful state of colorado.

know a bit about dollfie dreams from being in the BJD hobby. about to order my first a DH03 eyeholes closed on a dynamite body. she's going to eb based off of cutie honey :3 hope to get lots of info from you guys. and im holdin you to it!

p.s. please be kind

heres some stuff im looking for already:

-places to find dddy clothes

-examples of closed eyehole dollfie dreams (so rare it seems D:)

At home: Carrie (kos-mos), Mia (miku),Bjd's: Creator (soom sard), riley (bobobie Apollo mod), Quinn (feeple 60 Chloe mod), Chloe (leekeworld tan mickhaila)

Eventually: rise kujikawa, saber extra, mariko, alisa

fenrir z78

Welcome. It sounds like you got the right body for a Cutie Honey. I got a closed eye on a type 2 and 3 heads. They did not have any open eyes in stock at the time. The closed is for costum heads where you can paint the eyes on and/or mod it or you can just cut them out and put eyes in them.

Saluli

Hello!

I am sure you will find great tips here in the forum. I never saw on DD with closed eyes, but sometimes they sell "sleeping" heads on Yahoo japan.

Do you have others BJD?

Summon ritual is over. And finally complete.

Poofiemus

Hello! Had to look up pictures of the character because I live under a rock, but she looks like she'll be a barrel of monkeys to DD-ify. Looking forward to the result!

The only closed eyed DD I can remember seeing off the top of my head where the eyes are painted on is Chun's first Taiga: http://puppy52dolls.com/blog/taiga-aisaka-goes-out-3/ Usually with the closed eyed heads people get them essentially as modding bait, because cutting the eyes open gives them more flexibility with eye shapes, so finding cases where they kept the closed eyes is a little tricky. Chun shows it can be done though!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

JoltFiend

Hello and welcome!

Cutie Honey should look good as a DD! Can't wait to see pictures when you get her completed

11698830435_af9057797c_o.jpg

baldylox

Hello and welcome aboard! I hope you have a good time here!

A Cutey Honey custom sounds awesome! I love her character and you did well by going for the DDdy body for her.

As for closed eye heads, I don't see many of them but I *do* own one with one eye closed.... Ryomou Shimei from Ikki Tousen. She's the only girl Volks has made with only one eye open. Here are a few pics if you haven't seen her before:

6145616149_46c653aed7_z.jpg

5943082903_8005cdaeb1_z.jpg

6200744663_050c603418_z.jpg

And finding DDdy sized clothes is a bit easier nowadays. Here are some sites I use all the time to find things for my girls:

http://nightfallwalker.web.fc2.com/frame.htm

http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Category=185695&Part=bjd08

Make sure you dig around on the Cool Cats site on the menu bar to the left. They have some fantastci lingerie and swimsuits for the DDdy.

http://www.alicescollections.com/clothes-girl-outfits-c-3_28.html?zenid=3fcfd956e04757b16a2ec9aa1169b722

Not EVERY outfit on Alices Collections will fit the DDdy girls but every outfit I have bought from them that *looked* like it would from the pics did fit. Some are tight in the chest tho for obvious reasons.

http://www.mintoncardinc.com/dolls/browse.php?toys=shop&BJD=58&name=Large+Girls+58+-+60cm&cbh=75

Mint on Card is awesome when it comes to good prices and fast shipping. They are located in Michigan and carry many of the same clothes as Alices Collections. And they also sell awesome shoes!

http://www.mintoncardinc.com/dolls/browse.php?toys=shop&BJD=50&name=Large+7+-+7.9cm&cbh=81

I hope these links help you out!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

kaylynh1

thank you guys lots^3^

@ fenrir z78: did you paint your head or open the eyes?

@ Saluli: yes i have a leekworld mikhaila, bobobie apollo modded, leekeworld romeo head and a chibi unoa rinon wink head for my bjd colection. do you have bjd's?

@Poofiemus :lol poofi. i like that name. and yea ive seen that doll when i asked on another dd forum for closed eyeholes. thats pretty much what i want to do with the head. i want to get a sailormoon esque eye becayse the original honey had those eyes. and if i found the right pair i could just get an open eye head

@JoltFiend thanks. im surprised no one has made a honey dollfie yet honestly

@baldylox oh thanks so much for the links! i didnt even know coolcat had dd clothes. theyre sooo cute.

thanks so much guys!

At home: Carrie (kos-mos), Mia (miku),Bjd's: Creator (soom sard), riley (bobobie Apollo mod), Quinn (feeple 60 Chloe mod), Chloe (leekeworld tan mickhaila)

fenrir z78

I opened the eyes so I could give her a set of animetic type of eyes. It is not that hard to do. I used a exato knife to very carefully cut the eyes open. Here is a pic of my girls that I have done this to.

6245189803_8f4f6a1b51_z.jpg

Beth on the right has a HDD-2 head and Emily on the right has a HDD-3. Both came with closed eyeholes. I add eyelashes on Emily. I think Ill do that on my next girl that I get.

Poofiemus
thank you guys lots^3^

@Poofiemus :lol poofi. i like that name. and yea ive seen that doll when i asked on another dd forum for closed eyeholes. thats pretty much what i want to do with the head. i want to get a sailormoon esque eye becayse the original honey had those eyes. and if i found the right pair i could just get an open eye head

There are a few places besides Volks to get anime style eyes. One is Ersa Flora, which even has a style called "Sailor Moon", and does take custom commissions. Another is Souldoll's Bling series of eyes. Additionally Cool Cat and SQ Labs do too. SQ Labs in particular you'll want to take a gander at, as they also make anime style heads that match the DD skintone, so it's worth checking to see if they have a head closer to the look you want.

If you can't find any eyes you like, you could try the D.Eye.Y bases from Pupapa Paradise. For anime eyes you'd get the no-pupil type. I used them to make eyes for my girl (which you can see on Figure.fm since I'm still too nooby to post pictures. Just click "Posts" under the mass of avatars). The Pupapa blanks consist of a white plastic "base" and a clear plastic "lens." What you do is a) print out two iris/pupil designs and glue them to the "lens" or b) paint the eyes directly on the back of the lens, then snap the lens onto the base, and bam! Custom eyes. Of course, you can do a lot of things to them to spice them up; Agatha's for instance are low-contrast but catch light really well because they're printed on acetate instead of paper and are coated in sparkly Pearl-Ex powder, while other people have done things like use iridescent nail polish or actual glitter. Sky's the limit!

kaylynh1

There are a few places besides Volks to get anime style eyes. One is Ersa Flora, which even has a style called "Sailor Moon", and does take custom commissions. Another is Souldoll's Bling series of eyes. Additionally Cool Cat and SQ Labs do too. SQ Labs in particular you'll want to take a gander at, as they also make anime style heads that match the DD skintone, so it's worth checking to see if they have a head closer to the look you want.

If you can't find any eyes you like, you could try the D.Eye.Y bases from Pupapa Paradise. For anime eyes you'd get the no-pupil type. I used them to make eyes for my girl (which you can see on Figure.fm since I'm still too nooby to post pictures. Just click "Posts" under the mass of avatars). The Pupapa blanks consist of a white plastic "base" and a clear plastic "lens." What you do is a) print out two iris/pupil designs and glue them to the "lens" or b) paint the eyes directly on the back of the lens, then snap the lens onto the base, and bam! Custom eyes. Of course, you can do a lot of things to them to spice them up; Agatha's for instance are low-contrast but catch light really well because they're printed on acetate instead of paper and are coated in sparkly Pearl-Ex powder, while other people have done things like use iridescent nail polish or actual glitter. Sky's the limit!

POOFI I LOVE YOU! I NEVER KNEW SQLAB EXISTED BEFORE! this changes soo much! im probly still going to get the dd03 head for now but wow! those heads are so much cuter. and i knew about ersa flora but kinda forgot about them lol and ive used pupapa but i wasnt so good with making my own yes :c

seriously tho i definatly see myself buy sqlab heads. theyre too awsome!

Poofiemus

Thank you for the love! *Bows and blows kisses* Though on one hand you're kind of lucky to be finding out about them now. Before this year (I think even as late as this summer) SQ Labs used to only sell heads on YJA, and demand would often drive the price up into the $300 or higher range. Them selling blank heads to order for a fairly sane price was unprecedented and totally awesome--and given the increase in the number of SQ Labs heads I've seen lately, I'm guessing it was a profitable choice for them as well.

Would you mind going into more detail as to why the Pupapa eyes didn't turn out to your liking? Since I got mine to turn out well, perhaps I could help you troubleshoot if you have any desire to try again. (Hm, that reminds me, I need to sell the extra eyes I have. Seven pairs of eyes is waaay too many for one girl. XD)

Saluli

Unfortunately I don`t have any resin BJD, but my neighbor has one from Luts

Summon ritual is over. And finally complete.

kaylynh1
Thank you for the love! *Bows and blows kisses* Though on one hand you're kind of lucky to be finding out about them now. Before this year (I think even as late as this summer) SQ Labs used to only sell heads on YJA, and demand would often drive the price up into the $300 or higher range. Them selling blank heads to order for a fairly sane price was unprecedented and totally awesome--and given the increase in the number of SQ Labs heads I've seen lately, I'm guessing it was a profitable choice for them as well.

Would you mind going into more detail as to why the Pupapa eyes didn't turn out to your liking? Since I got mine to turn out well, perhaps I could help you troubleshoot if you have any desire to try again. (Hm, that reminds me, I need to sell the extra eyes I have. Seven pairs of eyes is waaay too many for one girl. XD)

@ poofi i painted on th inside where the whites at and then put the lens in. made it look lik a cataract. not to mention the paint looked horribley :c

@saluli luts is a popular company. my best firend just got a lil delf girl :3 shes a cutey

Poofiemus

Ah okay. What happened is that since the contact between the lens and the painted portion wasn't complete, at certain angles the lower face of the lens ended up reflecting light instead of letting it pass through to the painted part. If you paint the D.eye.Ys, it turns out best if you paint on the back of the lens instead, starting with the detail bits and then working your way in layers to the bigger ones. (So, highlights first, then iris details/highlights, iris shadows, then pupil, then main iris color.)

If you choose to use prints instead (due to practically guaranteed symmetry), then you can avoid the "cataract" effect by gluing the print onto the lens. In this case, though, let the glue dry completely *before* snapping the lens back into the base; if you snap it in before it's dry the glue doesn't dry properly and gets air bubbles like whoa. And of course you can coat the print with things like glitter, interference color paints, or Pearl-Ex prior to gluing it to the lens.

Halcyon

Welcome!

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

Pupi

Welcome!^^

Lately many people bought some DD heads with closed eye holes! I think it's nice to paint the eyes directly on the DD head, but you can't have fun changing her eyes >< It's a load of fun!

I hope you can have fun here

enthusiast pasta girl - she/her - power bi

Mini Mode Lab