Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
kirsei

New to DD, but not to dolls

kirsei

Hey everyone, I'm kirsei! I'm new to the Dollfie Dream hobby, though not new at all to dolls in general. I started with BJDs, then got into Pullips, and am now awaiting my very first DD, a Hatsune Miku Snow version. ^-^ I'm really excited to get her and super bummed I missed out on original DD Hatsune Miku's release, since I'm a HUGE Miku fangirl, but hopefully I can get her secondhand sometime in the future!

I'm primarily a BJD collector and my specialization is in faceups, but I've taken a huge break from the BJD community because of all the negativity and a lot of personal RL problems. Things have calmed down a lot in RL though and I'm really excited to join this community and start customizing some Dollfie Dreams! I look forward to making friends with everyone! ^-^

Lore

Welcome to the forum! This is an excellent place to be in the hobby since there are so many friendly people on here. Hopefully one day you'll be able to find your Miku.

At Home:

DD Snow Miku, DD Luka, DDS Makoto, DD Airy, DDS KizunaAI

SydiaYuki

Welcome into the community! It's always nice to have new DD owners and customizers around here, i'm pretty curious to see your future girls

****** My Custom DD outfits shop ******My Custom Faceups shop ******

Girls at home:

Lilac - DD2 WS + DDH-06 /Primrose - White Christmas Alna head /Iris - DDS NS + DDH-05 modded /Amaryllis - MDD NS + DDH-06 modded

kirsei

Thank you for the welcome you two! n_n

SeikoKitsune

Welcome welcome! ☆゚.*・。゚

First of all, did you see this: http://www.volks.co.jp/miku/en/

miku_top_txt_mm2015_en.png

Announced August 18th: "* Please wait for the details to be announced!"

I hope this helps (*^ω^*)

I'm a Vocalogeek myself. Especially Kagamine Len! He's so adorbs normally and in older-aged Append fan art can be quite the cutie, hehe ^///^

Sorry to hear about the RL problems, but glad you can join the DD forum! I'm pretty new, but like you I also do resin and have two resin cuties at home that I still love to bits. I rarely go to DoA anymore, but I'm very active in the local BJD community. They are very welcome to DD ^_^

Anyway! Welcome and I can't wait to see what you do with your Dollfie Dreams!

SOdZ0ex.png?3

The cast so far: Sky (DDS Mariko), "SK" (DDH-07 on DDS)

Extra: LEN KAGAMINE

kirsei

Thank you for the welcome and the link, but, weeeeeell. I found one on Mandarake and bought her!!! She just shipped today and she should be here sometime this week! I'm going to customize her as Yusarin from the anime Charlotte. ^-^

SeikoKitsune

Awesome, congrats! ^___^

SOdZ0ex.png?3

The cast so far: Sky (DDS Mariko), "SK" (DDH-07 on DDS)

Extra: LEN KAGAMINE

AmoraSeth

It is so nice to meet another person coming from resin into the DD world Welcome to you!!

Innocentsake

I just recently watched your DD Hatsune Miku box opening Will you be giving a new face-up to your Miku or keeping her default? I love seeing what people do with limited sculpts. But it's cool if you keep her default because she is a cutie Really looking forward to seeing you do DD face-ups (we need more face-up artists ). I'm glad to hear that the problems you were having in your life have calmed down. My dolls definitely help with my stress~

kirsei
I just recently watched your DD Hatsune Miku box opening Will you be giving a new face-up to your Miku or keeping her default? I love seeing what people do with limited sculpts. But it's cool if you keep her default because she is a cutie Really looking forward to seeing you do DD face-ups (we need more face-up artists ). I'm glad to hear that the problems you were having in your life have calmed down. My dolls definitely help with my stress~

I've been thinking about it, but I was waiting until my Snow Miku gets here before I decide which one I want to wipe. Do I keep original Miku, or Snow Miku default?? I just don't know yet! But I'm itching to customize a DD so I've been thinking about getting a MDD with a DDH-06 head to customize first before messing with a doll I really like lol. The hardest part is deciding between continuing my resin collection or getting more DDs!

FinalGear

other Hatsune Miku owner

Hello and welcome

kirsei

hehe, thank you! Miku was the push that sent me over the edge to getting into DD. I've always admired them and half-wanted one in the back of my wishlist, but there's no way I could resist Miku!

Hime-Sama

Hey, another Miku lover! It seems we're in abundance! I also have Snow Miku on preorder. Just four more months...

GlassColoredRoses

So jelly about your miku! COngratulations