Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lore

DDII 05 Rock/Fisted Hands Hands Do Not Fit

Lore

Hello Everyone!

Here's an interesting problem I came across when I ordered my new Volks DDII-H-05-SW / Rock/Fisted Hands. As you can see by the photos I provided there is a noticeable difference in the openings. The pair on the left are the new fisted hands I just ordered from Volks, a few weeks ago, and the pair on the right are my standard hands that came with my 2015 DDIII Mirai. The fisted hands do NOT fit at all. I'd hate to modify the opening by cutting into the vinyl, but it seems like there isn't much else I can do. I did try to heat the hands up with a hair dryer, but that didn't help.

I was curious if anyone on the forum has run into a similar problem and how you handled it.

I've heard that Volks customer service isn't great, but maybe I should try to get an exchange? I'd hate to spend more money trying to return these defective hands to them if they require it.

7OOLWIWl.jpg

A8SSkJJl.jpg

At Home:

DD Snow Miku, DD Luka, DDS Makoto, DD Airy, DDS KizunaAI

Eustia

The last batch of hands I bought were narrower than my older hands, but heating them up and forcing the peg in still worked. It did require more force than I was happy about, but they fit. These ones you have look more like MDD hands, though. Weird. I wonder if Volks changed the moulds recently...

Lore
The last batch of hands I bought were narrower than my older hands, but heating them up and forcing the peg in still worked. It did require more force than I was happy about, but they fit. These ones you have look more like MDD hands, though. Weird. I wonder if Volks changed the moulds recently...

Volks policy states that there's a 14 day limit on returns unfortunately so that means I must mod these hands by myself now.

At Home:

Yumeiro

I experienced the very same issue with my optional hands. I do not recall if I made a thread about it or not...

But pretty much all of the optional hands, except maybe one pair..? I do not recall which. But I have had to mod them all.

The hands that came with the body I had no problems with; they fit. But as you show in your pictures, all the rest were just like that - way too small.

I just advice you, if you do mod, to go slow so you do not cut too much or too far... like I did...

waha

I think it's something we simply have to live with, I've had the same issue with hands, and also some other body parts where the internal skeleton would simply fall apart. I haven't even tried talking to Volks about it, but when I had a similar problem with Obitsu hands that wouldn't even fit the peg when heated up their reply was simply "Fix it yourself".

So my suggestion is pretty much what Yumeiro suggested.

Lore

I've already taken the exacto knife to them and they fit now. For as much money as these parts and dolls cost, I would've expected better from a large company such as Volks.

At Home:

sherimi

I recently ordered 3 pairs of hands from Volks and none of them fit without making the holes larger :/ From what I've heard this has happened to many people, but since it's so easy to fix they rarely report about it to Volks. I'm unsure if the Volks staff is aware of this issue...

Lore
I recently ordered 3 pairs of hands from Volks and none of them fit without making the holes larger :/ From what I've heard this has happened to many people, but since it's so easy to fix they rarely report about it to Volks. I'm unsure if the Volks staff is aware of this issue...

I would've informed Volks of the problem, but I ordered these while I was in the States and by the time I got back to the UK to try them on my doll, the return policy of 14 days was well past. I think more people should speak up about these little things rather than just accept stuff. Volks is a large company that can certainly afford to fix their quality issues...or at least should.

I know this sounds like I'm making mountains out of mole hills. I'm really not. I'm just disappointed that even tiny things like hands not fitting was a little surprising given the cost.

I was able to fix them by using an exacto knife very very carefully.

This is another reason why I like Danny's company so much.

At Home: