Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Mysha

Never do this to your doll

Mysha

Well... I would never thought it would happen after such a trivial action, but after this happened I understand my mistake.

Kizuna was laying on her back and I wanted to pull her legs up (as for sitting position) and I unfortunately grabbed and pull up both her legs at the same time. As the hips are very tight they didn't move and all the stress focused on the backbone - and that's the result:

22541662382_8c59820a3f.jpgDSC04199 by Mysha, on Flickr

22367277710_099f146935.jpgDSC04200 by Mysha, on Flickr

37542208752_7cbdd8660f.jpg

- Kizuna [smart Doll] - Isabelle [saber Extra + Obitsu60] - Maya [DDS DDH-06] - Angelica [DD Sakuya] - Kitty [MDD Mariko] - Moonlight [smart Doll] - Emily [DD Miku] -

https://annasangels.capsel.org/

baldylox

Oh my goodness, that's terrible! Have you contacted Danny about this to see if you can purchase a replacement part for her? I'm sure he will help you out if you explain what happened and send him these photos.

I hope everything works out for you and Kizuna!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Mysha
Have you contacted Danny about this to see if you can purchase a replacement part for her?

Yes, I emailed him with a description of the problem along with these pictures. I don't have to buy a replacement part, because I have a torso Danny sent me after I reported a staining issue (which I was unable to get rid off -.-). But unfortunately this new torso has very loose jeton joints and the upper torso just flies around when I holds the body in different orientation than just vertically.

Guess I would have to messaged him again, but I'm afraid he'll get mad at me for breaking his doll :/

- Kizuna [smart Doll] - Isabelle [saber Extra + Obitsu60] - Maya [DDS DDH-06] - Angelica [DD Sakuya] - Kitty [MDD Mariko] - Moonlight [smart Doll] - Emily [DD Miku] -

Error-Chan
Have you contacted Danny about this to see if you can purchase a replacement part for her?

Yes, I emailed him with a description of the problem along with these pictures. I don't have to buy a replacement part, because I have a torso Danny sent me after I reported a staining issue (which I was unable to get rid off -.-). But unfortunately this new torso has very loose jeton joints and the upper torso just flies around when I holds the body in different orientation than just vertically.

Guess I would have to messaged him again, but I'm afraid he'll get mad at me for breaking his doll :/

I would not be worried about him getting angry. if anything it shows a weakness in his design that he may want to work on. Its good to know this though, I don't own a SmDoll yet but its nice to know that when I do this is something to watch for.

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Eiko82

Don't worry about messaging Danny. He is always very helpful and I'm sure that he appreciates the feedback. I broke my girl's wrist this summer and he sent me a new wrist joint. I only had to pay for the shipping.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

K-2
Well... I would never thought it would happen...

22541662382_8c59820a3f.jpgDSC04199 by Mysha, on Flickr

22367277710_099f146935.jpgDSC04200 by Mysha, on Flickr

That looks like it wouldn't be too difficult to repair. From your pictures it looks like there was a peg on the "hip" part that inserted into the part at the bottom of the spine and the peg sheared off.

A simplified repair procedure would be to remove the remaining stub of the peg from the spine, locate/purchase a small piece of metal rod the same diameter as the hole. Drill a corresponding hole in the hip part (where the peg used to be), the same diameter as the metal rod. Insert the metal rod into the spine hole and the newly drilled hole in the hip part. Add a little glue to prevent twisting.

If you want more detailed help, PM me.

MVSig.jpg

Shizusan

OMG that looks terrible. I'm glad you had an extra torso that you could replace it with. As others have stated I'm sure you can contact Danny-san and He'll help you out.

Mysha
That looks like it wouldn't be too difficult to repair. From your pictures it looks like there was a peg on the "hip" part that inserted into the part at the bottom of the spine and the peg sheared off.

A simplified repair procedure would be to remove the remaining stub of the peg from the spine, locate/purchase a small piece of metal rod the same diameter as the hole. Drill a corresponding hole in the hip part (where the peg used to be), the same diameter as the metal rod. Insert the metal rod into the spine hole and the newly drilled hole in the hip part. Add a little glue to prevent twisting.

If you want more detailed help, PM me.

Thanks for the advices! Unfortunately I have no tool or ability to do that and I was too afraid of breaking everything :/ I was trying to remove the spine from the outer shell and I failed, so further repairs were impossible

Now when everything is over I'll tell you all how the things were resolved.

As you know, I emailed Danny describing the problem, but it was not really a problem - they just acknowledged it. The problems started when I reported that the other body they sent to me is less sturdy than the first one. We exchanged some emails and even ended up exchanging videos of how bodies move. After all the discussion it turned out that the new - less sturdy - one is the same as the ones being sold with the dolls, and my old spine was just tighter. So... I was reporting the final product as a lousy one >_< I think Danny doesn't like me anymore

But... I sent both old and new torsos to the Culture Japan office and they put my old tighter spine onto the new base. They even managed to sent the package early enough for it to get to me before Christmas

So it all ended well and Kizuna is back to normal now

• Like 1

K-2
So it all ended well and Kizuna is back to normal now

Glad to hear things worked out and your girl is back to normal!

MVSig.jpg

Drizz

Everything I read about the Smart Doll customer service continues to impress me! That's great that everything worked out for you. Makes me happy to be a smart doll owner and support such a great company

My doll clothes & accessories shop - http://www.dolldelights.com