Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
laurenk418

Dangan Ronpa Another Episode - Kotoko Utsugi

laurenk418

Since playing another episode I fell in love with Kotoko, and I just knew she'd be perfect in doll form.

latest?cb=20141013020555

Skin: Semi white

Head: Prisma Illya

Body: Mini dollfie dream III

Outfit/shoes: Black swan

Wig: http://www.miruya.com/goods_detail.php?goodsIdx=536

Eyes: arietta project (contacted), black swan (back up)

Face up: White dolly story (contacted) black swan (back up)

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions, even ones for categories I've already filled out, I'm always on the lookout for better alternatives.

Edited by Guest

Conuresans

Home: Melt (DDH-09), Kano (Iris Collect), Kirika, Y'Shtola, Suzune (Iris Collect Petite)

laurenk418

I have always loved white dolly story's eyes, I'll pick up a pair as extras but I want her default ones to reflect the dangan ronpa pupil style. The reason I chose the 01 is because its the smallest standard head, and I'm worried if I pick one of the larger ones on the MDD body it'll give a bobble head effect

Thank you very much for your help though!

Conuresans

I have always loved white dolly story's eyes, I'll pick up a pair as extras but I want her default ones to reflect the dangan ronpa pupil style. The reason I chose the 01 is because its the smallest standard head, and I'm worried if I pick one of the larger ones on the MDD body it'll give a bobble head effect

Ah, true. Well, Ersa Flora does do custom eyes if you can't seem to find the pupil style anywhere else in the color you want. As for the head, that's understandable on why you'd pick that for that reason. Although I don't think the head sizes vary much? You may want to double check on that, but at least that's what I recall since the way the head connects to the body and can be changed from a MDD body to a DDDy body in just a couple of minutes is through a peg, rather than like a BJD where there's a certain neck cirbleepference.

You're welcome though! She looks adorable and I'm interested in seeing the final product.

Home: Melt (DDH-09), Kano (Iris Collect), Kirika, Y'Shtola, Suzune (Iris Collect Petite)

laurenk418

Ah, true. Well, Ersa Flora does do custom eyes if you can't seem to find the pupil style anywhere else in the color you want. As for the head, that's understandable on why you'd pick that for that reason. Although I don't think the head sizes vary much? You may want to double check on that, but at least that's what I recall since the way the head connects to the body and can be changed from a MDD body to a DDDy body in just a couple of minutes is through a peg, rather than like a BJD where there's a certain neck cirbleepference.

You're welcome though! She looks adorable and I'm interested in seeing the final product.

I've already contacted arietta project about some custom eyes, if they can't do it I'll contact ersa flora. If for whatever reason the 01 doesn't work out when I get my hands on one I'll look into the others. I just know from seeing a ddh-04 on a MDD, the difference can be huge. As am I! This project will certainly take a while though due to the volks base parts I need all being out of stock at the moment.

Conuresans

I've already contacted arietta project about some custom eyes, if they can't do it I'll contact ersa flora. If for whatever reason the 01 doesn't work out when I get my hands on one I'll look into the others. I just know from seeing a ddh-04 on a MDD, the difference can be huge. As am I! This project will certainly take a while though due to the volks base parts I need all being out of stock at the moment.

I hear Arietta does pretty good eyes, although I haven't gotten a pair of them before. And taking a peek at their customs... They're pretty cute and their eyes look great! And I think I saw that image also, was it this one?

Yeah, these projects do take a while... I had a project going but now I'm not sure if I want to continue it. My hype for the series the character is going down, plus there are other characters I could do that haven't had a chance to become a DD yet, custom or official. And perhaps you could check the Marketplace here? Along with the Sales and Auctions section? I'd suggest the Den of Angels MP also, but I'm unsure of if you have an account there or not.

Poofiemus

You may also want to consider SQ Labs--Luka comes to mind: http://www.sqlabdolls.com/xe/index.php?mid=doll&dobleepent_srl=317 as does Keiko: http://www.sqlabdolls.com/xe/index.php?mid=doll&page=2&dobleepent_srl=87

The wig you picked is gonna work great though after a bang trim!

Do you have ideas for say, the kind of casual clothes she's gonna wear? Might as well scope some of that out so she'll have something while you wait for a Black Swan spot--or while you search for another seamstress, since Black Swan is not easy on the wallet. ^^;

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

laurenk418
You may also want to consider SQ Labs--Luka comes to mind: http://www.sqlabdolls.com/xe/index.php?mid=doll&dobleepent_srl=317 as does Keiko: http://www.sqlabdolls.com/xe/index.php?mid=doll&page=2&dobleepent_srl=87

The wig you picked is gonna work great though after a bang trim!

Do you have ideas for say, the kind of casual clothes she's gonna wear? Might as well scope some of that out so she'll have something while you wait for a Black Swan spot--or while you search for another seamstress, since Black Swan is not easy on the wallet. ^^;

Oh I hadn't thought of them, thanks for linking!

I also bought this wig: http://www.leekeworld.com/En/Product/p_view.asp?it_code=509&catalog_num=74 in peach pink as well to serve as a casual one where she has her hair down. I do! I'd like to get her other outfits made: http://s11.postimg.org/d37qzc5tf/image.png but aside from that since kotoko herself is obsessed with adorable/cute things thats how I'll dress her. Oh and lots of pink too, haha. Very true, her default outfit will set me back $670.

laurenk418

I hear Arietta does pretty good eyes, although I haven't gotten a pair of them before. And taking a peek at their customs... They're pretty cute and their eyes look great! And I think I saw that image also, was it this one?

Yeah, these projects do take a while... I had a project going but now I'm not sure if I want to continue it. My hype for the series the character is going down, plus there are other characters I could do that haven't had a chance to become a DD yet, custom or official. And perhaps you could check the Marketplace here? Along with the Sales and Auctions section? I'd suggest the Den of Angels MP also, but I'm unsure of if you have an account there or not.

It wasn't but dang it there it looks cute, this may throw a spanner in the works

But I should focus on getting the basics down before I start obsessing over which sculpt to choose since I don't even have a face up artist in mind yet (although I've contacted white dolly story on flickr I have little hope of them responding). Yeah, it looks easy when you click on an already completed project but then you forget how long it took for them to get there. I have on both but all the sales are in used condition and I really want to have a shiny new base to work with.

Conuresans

It wasn't but dang it there it looks cute, this may throw a spanner in the works

But I should focus on getting the basics down before I start obsessing over which sculpt to choose since I don't even have a face up artist in mind yet (although I've contacted white dolly story on flickr I have little hope of them responding). Yeah, it looks easy when you click on an already completed project but then you forget how long it took for them to get there. I have on both but all the sales are in used condition and I really want to have a shiny new base to work with.

That sounds like a good idea, although spanners aren't all that bad if you think about it. With spanners, you get ideas that may help your project and make it look more like how you wanted it to. As for faceus, WDS does also do them I believe. I have a pair of their eyes and the card does say they do them, although I bought them secondhand so I have no clue if the information on them is still accurate or not... It's worth asking though, if they do respond!

True, like it all looks quick and all that but then you look at the time span and... It takes a while. =3= Hopefully you get a shiny new base eventually! Although sometimes used is more interesting, if you think about some of the adventures/stories the part may have gone through with their owner up til the point you have it at.

SydiaYuki

Cute character!

I would consider as other options for the faceups to search through the many faceuppers here on the forum in the Painting & Customization section http://www.dollfiedreams.com/viewforum.php?f=18 , for the custom outfit you could consider to search through and asks some estimates here on the Members Custom Items Shops http://www.dollfiedreams.com/viewforum.php?f=44 , i have a shop/topic in both and there are many other great faceuppers/seamstresses in there (and also on flickr/facebook) , probably the faceup would cost you a lot less respect the price WDS would ask (and she doesn't work usually on commission on standard heads, just limited) , and the same could happen for outfit since Black Swan as someone said "it's not easy on the wallet"

****** My Custom DD outfits shop ******My Custom Faceups shop ******

Girls at home:

Lilac - DD2 WS + DDH-06 /Primrose - White Christmas Alna head /Iris - DDS NS + DDH-05 modded /Amaryllis - MDD NS + DDH-06 modded

Monty

Anither DR fan, hurray! Kotoko would be adorable, so best of luck.

I personally would love DDs of Chihiro from the first game and Chiaki from the second and have considered making them myself although am not sure if I could do their designs justice. I've seen surprisingly little custom DDS of the DR characters though - I've only seen a few Junkos and a resin Komaeda(he wasn't anime style though).

Poofiemus

WDS does do faceups; I don't think their faceups are any cheaper than Black Swan, but they are more subtle--I personally like WDS faceups better than Black Swan's. The waiting list for WDS is long, so if they're the ones you want to do it, I'd say: figure out which head you want before you do anything else, then get on the list ASAP. There are other faceup artists out there, though, even some on this forum, so take your time and do your research.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

laurenk418
Anither DR fan, hurray! Kotoko would be adorable, so best of luck.

I personally would love DDs of Chihiro from the first game and Chiaki from the second and have considered making them myself although am not sure if I could do their designs justice. I've seen surprisingly little custom DDS of the DR characters though - I've only seen a few Junkos and a resin Komaeda(he wasn't anime style though).

Thanks! Not that I'm a fan but given her popularity and status as a poster girl of the DR series, I'm really surprised there hasn't been a DD announcement for a Junko. I mean we've had sequels, manga spin offs and an anime adaptation so the series has the success to warrant volks doing one. Good luck if you decide to go through with your customs! That Komaeda sounds interesting.

laurenk418
WDS does do faceups; I don't think their faceups are any cheaper than Black Swan, but they are more subtle--I personally like WDS faceups better than Black Swan's. The waiting list for WDS is long, so if they're the ones you want to do it, I'd say: figure out which head you want before you do anything else, then get on the list ASAP. There are other faceup artists out there, though, even some on this forum, so take your time and do your research.

I have decided upon a head - I edited my first post and I'll keep doing so as my plans evolve. I've messaged them on flickr and am waiting on a response, I'll post again when/if they do. Still waiting on arietta project's response too.

Amara77

There is a variation between heads. Actually the 07 and 09 are quite a bit bigger than my 05. The 01 I would assume is maybe a bit smaller too.

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

laurenk418
There is a variation between heads. Actually the 07 and 09 are quite a bit bigger than my 05. The 01 I would assume is maybe a bit smaller too.

I think it'd be useful to know the how the head sizes vary from smallest to largest.

On guesswork I'd say its 01, 03, 05, 06, 04, 07, 08, 09.

SydiaYuki

I think it'd be useful to know the how the head sizes vary from smallest to largest.

On guesswork I'd say its 01, 03, 05, 06, 04, 07, 08, 09.

03 is the smallest and 07 the largest , 09 is not very big to be honest , so i would say 03, 05, 01, 09, 04 , 08, 06 , 07 … 02 i've never seen in person so i dunno the size really and 08 too but i would say is probably a size between 04 and 06 which are the biggest after 07

****** My Custom DD outfits shop ******My Custom Faceups shop ******

Girls at home:

Lilac - DD2 WS + DDH-06 /Primrose - White Christmas Alna head /Iris - DDS NS + DDH-05 modded /Amaryllis - MDD NS + DDH-06 modded

stupidlamer

Black Swan full outfit sets could set you back quite a few benjamins,(current record is 13) and the current wait list is quite insane as he is delaying all commissions at the moment.

Personally I would only recommend faceup as they are really detailed (though slightly pricey). Expect a month's delay or more from the supposed completion date though. You could message Paul on flickr to get started, as he doesn't reply from his naver account as quickly. (https://www.flickr.com/photos/stedmans/)

You could custom wigs from Usagihime, but unfortunately they seem to have disappeared off the face of the planet lately.

You have not enough minerals