Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Chiisekai

Smart Doll and high heeled shoes?

Chiisekai

Hello, I've had my Mirai for about a year now and during that time the amount of shoes I've purchased for her has been very limited.

Why? I've had a hard time figuring out wether she would be able to fit the vast amount of SD/DD shoes out there due to her feet being as flat as pancakes, while Dollfie Dreams usually have feet that are practically made for high heeled shoes.

So far I've been going for shoes that are either flat with no heel, or just average stilettos which have the open area at the top.. BUT I'm of course starting to feel the urge of getting her some actual boots, or shoes that are more "enclosed".

Specifically I've been out for something like this:

https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i1/48778188/TB2ux29bVXXXXcJXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!48778188.jpg

...or this: https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i3/63698220/T2RrB2XbJdXXXXXXXX_!!63698220.jpg

Getting to the point.. can anyone calm my worries and ensure me that Mirai would be able to fit these kind of shoes? (pictures with examples would be much appreciated)

If not, is it possible to switch her feet into DD ones?

It'd just really be a bummer to purchase some rather expensive shoes just to find out that she won't even be able to wear them

Monty

I'm pretty sure they can wear heels since there are official SmartDoll heels you can buy.

http://shop.smartdoll.jp/collections/featured-products/products/high-heel-shoes-white

From the pictures it seems the feet go in pretty well, but maybe if anyone here owns both those heels and DD heels they can shed some light on if there are any differences?

Cauldroness

Actually, Dollfie Dream feet are pretty flat! Feet that are made for high heels have a really significant arch (for example, see these SD16 and SDGr high heel feet).

Now look at Dollfie Dream feet. Look how flat the bottom of her foot is! Nothing like the SD16 or SDGr high heel feet. In fact, Dollfie Dream feet are made for flat shoes more than they are made for high heel shoes.

Check out this comparison thread. The Dollfie Dream feet and the Smart Doll feet are practically identical!

Basically, any shoe that a Dollfie Dream can wear, a Smart Doll can wear. If the heel fits on a Dollfie Dream, it'll fit on a Smart Doll -- that's true both of open heels and high-heeled boots. The ability to wear heels, for both Dollfie Dream and Smart Doll, comes not from the shape of the foot, but the ability to tip the foot down at a steep angle.

Basically, go buy your boots! They will definitely fit.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Chiisekai

Thank you so much for the input!

I don't own one of the bigger DD bodies myself so I didn't realise that they practically had the same foot, I just assumed they had high heeled feet ><

This puts me so much at ease, finally I can go grab some boots for her without worrying

cirquemom

I have found that a lot of flat BJD feet will fit into high heels, but it depends on the individual shoe. Unfortunately the only way to figure out which ones will fit on a flat foot is by trial and error. Sandal type shoes will look weird- but the more covered kind and a lot of boot-types will work if they are big enough inside to slip the foot into.

Pannduhh

Like others said, dolls with flat feet can wear high heel shoes but it really depends on the shoes, not the feet! I have fairyland dolls, so I'll use them as an example!

My feeple60 Lorence fullset has high heeled boots with his fullset costume, which you can see here: http://doll.fairyland.co.kr/doll_image/feeple65/FP65_Lorence1-03.jpg

If you look at the black part of the shoe (Under the white and blue), that black line follows the shape of the insert inside the shoe. So it's like a typical high heeled shoe that we as humans would wear. However, my Feeple's feet are pretty much flat because he is a boy. I will admit that I have dolls that have flatter feet however than he does. He has a small arch to his feet, but it's nothing like the heeled feet which you can see here: http://www.denverdoll.com/images/fairyland/feeple60feetparts.jpg

And here's a comparison shot of the two! http://www.denverdoll.com/images/fairyland/feeple65feet.jpg

So, all in all, I personally think you can work with a lot more shoes than you think you can, but depending on the shoe, she may or may not have a hard(er) time standing! C:

Currently home: N/A

Currently saving for: Smart Doll Chitose Shirasawa

My Deviantart

Drizz

does anyone have pictures of their smart doll in a strappy kind of high heel? I have really been wanting to get a pair but am worried they will not fit right / look weird compared to a high heel foot DD

My doll clothes & accessories shop - http://www.dolldelights.com

heerowings

I do own a smart doll and a dollfie dream and happened to take photos of them wearing heels. I love strappy heels so I do let my dolls wear them. I have some photos of them wearing shoes, so I decided to share them.

All photos are of smart doll wearing high heels unless I tell you otherwise.

Do excuse me as the photos only shows their legs and the shoes, I cropped out the rest. =)

Images are still rather large in size.

I have to admit that the heels look weird from the front view but they look great from the sides.

Front view:

IMG_4371.jpg

Side view:

IMG_4373.jpg

More high heels, Smart doll is wearing high heels meant for SD16.

dsc-0423.jpg

dsc-0398.jpg

Comparison shots between SmartDoll and Dollfie Dream wearing heels:

(Smart doll is wearing blue heels, dollfie dream in pink heels)

DSC_0533.jpg

dsc-0535.jpg

One thing that I have observed is that Smart Doll's feet is actually smaller in width compared to a Dollfie Dream's. They are also slightly shorter in length, allowing them to fit into some SD16 high heels, but since they lack the arch, it is not a good fit. (but not visible from the sides.) I think Dollfie Dreams' feet are too wide to fit into the same blue heels. Do note that the Smart Doll's feet cannot fit into some high heels that are not long enough. (It took a lot of effort to squeeze them into those high heels)

Hope the photos helps =D

Drizz

Thanks for the pics they help a lot! It doesnt look as bad as I thought at all, I will definitely need to pick up some strappy heels soon they are my favorite. I wonder if danny will ever design some feet specifically for heels like DD has

My doll clothes & accessories shop - http://www.dolldelights.com

Cauldroness
Thanks for the pics they help a lot! It doesnt look as bad as I thought at all, I will definitely need to pick up some strappy heels soon they are my favorite. I wonder if danny will ever design some feet specifically for heels like DD has

DDs don't have heel feet. Some third-party sellers make heel (and ballet!) feet for DD, but Volks does not. The only feet available from Volks are the regular flat feet that fit into heels only because of the ankle joint that allows you to tip them down.

It would be really nice if both Volks and Danny would introduce heel feet for the dolls!

wally

Thanks for the posts here! My Mirai will hopefully arrive at the end of this week and the first thing I'll do is try some high heeled shoes on her. I'm a bit of a shoe hoarder for my BJDs, and have high heel shoes that don't even work on them, so I'm hoping Mirai will be able to wear them due to her ankle mobility!

zaylea

I have a pair of the white Smart Doll high heels, and also I have Hatsune Miku's Siren set which comes with a pair of high heels. So the siren heels are definitely a pair designed exactly for a DD3.

The siren heels fits Kizuna's feet perfectly. In fact if you put the 2 pairs side by side they are extremely similar in shape, the only big difference being that the Smart Doll shoes have a more pointed toe, which add length, but not "functional" length. The foot sits exactly the same in both pairs. I would post comparison photos but I'm not allowed to...

When I first tried the Siren shoes on Kizuna, and saw how well they fit, I just assumed that Danny was being clever and made the feet the same exact size as DD's so they could share shoes.

Cauldroness

Smart Doll doesn't have an arched foot (the bottom is flat), so BJD heels that are made for feet with a high arch will still not work on Smart Doll. The problem there is not the ankle mobility, it's the shape of the bottom of the foot.

Of course, I'm yet to find heels that don't work on DD (other than said arched heels) so, who knows, maybe it will work?

K-2

I haven't had any trouble getting flat Smart Doll/Dollfie Dream/Obitsu feet in high heel shoes. The style of the shoe is most important. If you have very strappy, sandal-like style heels, where you can see the entire (or most) of the foot, then the arched high heel feet are the way to go. The arched foot fits the contours of the shoe and looks more natural than flat doll feet. But for enclosed heels like the Smart Doll high heels and others, flat doll feet look and fit fine most of the time.

002.jpg

MVSig.jpg

Bellatrix

I have to admit that the heels look weird from the front view but they look great from the sides.

Front view:

IMG_4371.jpg

tHIS SHOES ARE AWESOME! wHERE DID YOU GET THEM?

oops sorry caps xD but my squeeing after seeing them kinda fits the (unwanted) capital letters lol

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

cirquemom

Danny just released a photograph of new high heeled foot option he is working on. I'd link to it but my internet is being incredibly wonky. But there was a photograph- I think it was on facebook or his twitter feed.

Kumi

Yes, it was Twitter and the link is in thread linked 3 posts ago