Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

kCherry

Help Wanted: Looking for ??s for Q&A videos

kCherry

Hello Lovies! I am so happy (and late) to be getting a 1, 2 or maybe 3 part Q&A video out there on my youtube channel that, hopefully, answers all the questions that I have received from my supporters. As far as I know there is not currently any one place online that you can go to for Q&A on Smart Doll and I have the wonderful opportunity to help Mr. Choo in compiling a list for the Culture Japan website.

I could think of no better place to start than here. So far I have all the basics: where do you get it? how much does it cost? whats it made of? ect..

So, I humbly request that you post all of the questions that you have had about these wonderful dolls and I will include them in my video and as well as my reports to Mr. Choo.

Thank you kindly for all of your help! I look forward to getting to know all of my fellow Smart Doll owners!!!

Cherry

OfTheMoon

I've gotten helped and all, but i'd love a more indepth look at the inside of the dolls, male or female, heads. I had went months without any sort of visual representation and it had me worried it was like dolfie dream heads?

but i'd think including that may be nice for newcomers. and perhaps some more indepth looks at the joints, and such.

Pink-Yoshi

Maybe a size comparison with some resins? I know when I was first researching them (amd the hobby in general) I wanted to see how they looked with some Pukis, Littlefee/Latidolls or Minifees even.

Monty

I think a video on moving the joints would help a lot. When I first got him, the biggest frustration I had with Kaito was figuring out how he actually moved. I have no idea if this is any different to an obitsu or DD since he's my first big vinyl doll, but being used to the hinge joints of pure neemos, I was surprised when his arms came off from not being moved the right way. I'm used to how with pure neemos if you move it the wrong it will just stop as it's impossible to actually move it, but I felt like with Eiji if I moved something wrong it would move anyway - and thus come right off. If that makes sense.

His elbow joints coming undone frequently gave me some grief too. ;-;

I've gotten used to it now but I know Danny has mentioned a lot that many people who get smart dolls have them as their first dolls so I do wonder how many people had these problems at first.

Yumeiro

I was thinking of some size comparisons for eyes and wigs. As in how different eye sizes look/fit in them. Wigs, well, how the sizes work with them. If 8" is too small, and 9-10" is too loose and so on.

I do not know what Smart Dolls you have access to, but comparing the heads to each other might be useful too.

As well as a basic posing. I have experience with Dollfie Dreams, and expected a sort of similar pose-ability, but Smart Doll seem to be more limited. And others who also have just had experience with DDs might want to know how they differ.

kCherry

Thank you for the posts and requests. This is certainly helpful in gauging what the Smart Doll community would like to see in the future. I will try my best to accommodate what I can in my own channel and am passing on all information to Danny.

Please do continue to post any question and comment that you may have here for future reference.

And Thank You!!!

cirquemom
I think a video on moving the joints would help a lot. When I first got him, the biggest frustration I had with Kaito was figuring out how he actually moved. I have no idea if this is any different to an obitsu or DD since he's my first big vinyl doll, but being used to the hinge joints of pure neemos, I was surprised when his arms came off from not being moved the right way. I'm used to how with pure neemos if you move it the wrong it will just stop as it's impossible to actually move it, but I felt like with Eiji if I moved something wrong it would move anyway - and thus come right off. If that makes sense.

His elbow joints coming undone frequently gave me some grief too. ;-;

The main thing I've found with the big Obitsus (and I assume it's the same for DD, although I don't have any), is to make sure you support the joint when you move it, so you don't put too much pressure on it.