Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
CaffeinatedCake

Miraicon! Now including Mirai Pulse!

CaffeinatedCake

http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/27355/Miraicon.html

So on one hand, this is a little silly. You don't need your computer case to be this cute (not that I don't think it's a good idea if you can afford it), but on the other hand, this gives me all sorts of ideas about speaker/mic hookups! SmartDoll Automatic version is hopefully coming in the future, but there's nothing stopping us in the mean time from seeing how interactive we can make these dolls!

Any thoughts? I was playing with the voice command function on my Android earlier so I'm musing a bit about what kinds of commands would work for the SmD shell, assuming that a mic/speaker hookup is possible.

Edited by Guest

Help! I fell into DD hell!

Anna-neko

just sitting here making dumb Hand Maid May jokes, and wondering who else even remembers that series (I'm not that old, dammit!!)

...thats pretty much my first reaction to Mirai persocom

CaffeinatedCake

I had to wiki that but it looks like a cute show! Chobits was definitely my first introduction to this kind of thing (at least, the first that I can recall).

I'm really hoping to see people do cool things with SmDs now that we know there's room in there for the necessary parts, haha!

ETA: So someone posted to the SmartDoll Lovers group on facebook and I'm excited to see that someone's figured out the speakers/mic situation!

baldylox

I'm going to be hosting a panel at the Atlanta BJD con in November on Smartdolls and I am doing exactly this with my Mirai. I've already purchased a projector for the setup and I have the computer already in mind to go inside of her:

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Compute-Computer-processor-BOXSTK1AW32SC/dp/B01AZC4NHS?ie=UTF8&keywords=inte&qid=1463783247&ref_=sr_1_4&s=electronics&sr=1-4

With Mirai setup this way, I think it will be really cool to walk into the panel where the projector is already on the table and just say hello to everyone, turn around and plug Mirai right into the projector and then begin the panel. It's such a neat thing to be able to actually use the "Smart" in Smartdoll!

So yes, it's going to be fun to do and I think it's awesome that Danny is coming up with ways to put electronics inside his Smartdolls. The speaker and mic idea is a good one too but for me, I don't think it'll be something I need. Maybe in the near future tho!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Serisu

I love the idea of a Miraicon. I mean, I have a good desktop that I upgrade as I need to, but I would love to have a computer to carry around with me. *u*

I know most people are going to spring for the Intel Compute stick, but is anyone else thinking of getting the Meegopad T07? It can have 4gb of RAM, but it's only 32gb and can only have up to a 64gb microSD.

Home;; Akira , DDH01 boy - Finn, Lelouch SMD, Cherry SMD

Layaway;;

CaffeinatedCake
I'm going to be hosting a panel at the Atlanta BJD con in November on Smartdolls and I am doing exactly this with my Mirai. I've already purchased a projector for the setup and I have the computer already in mind to go inside of her:

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Compute-Computer-processor-BOXSTK1AW32SC/dp/B01AZC4NHS?ie=UTF8&keywords=inte&qid=1463783247&ref_=sr_1_4&s=electronics&sr=1-4

With Mirai setup this way, I think it will be really cool to walk into the panel where the projector is already on the table and just say hello to everyone, turn around and plug Mirai right into the projector and then begin the panel. It's such a neat thing to be able to actually use the "Smart" in Smartdoll!

So yes, it's going to be fun to do and I think it's awesome that Danny is coming up with ways to put electronics inside his Smartdolls. The speaker and mic idea is a good one too but for me, I don't think it'll be something I need. Maybe in the near future tho!

Billy

Oh my gosh I love that idea! Certainly a more fun way to start the presentation than just "Well here's the powerpoint." Post pics of your set up if you're able, I'd love to see

I love the idea of a Miraicon. I mean, I have a good desktop that I upgrade as I need to, but I would love to have a computer to carry around with me. *u*

I know most people are going to spring for the Intel Compute stick, but is anyone else thinking of getting the Meegopad T07? It can have 4gb of RAM, but it's only 32gb and can only have up to a 64gb microSD.

I'm actually aiming to use one of the Android sticks myself-- I've been wanting to get more into app development for awhile so this seems like a good place to start.

The RAM on the Meegopad certainly sounds good, and it runs Windows 10 it looks like. Hm. Are there any particular benefits to using the Meegopad over the Intel?

EDIT: PS, Serisu, your potential Chitose boy is intriguing >:D

Serisu
I'm actually aiming to use one of the Android sticks myself-- I've been wanting to get more into app development for awhile so this seems like a good place to start.

The RAM on the Meegopad certainly sounds good, and it runs Windows 10 it looks like. Hm. Are there any particular benefits to using the Meegopad over the Intel?

EDIT: PS, Serisu, your potential Chitose boy is intriguing >:D

That does sound like a good place to start! I've only had an Android phone for less than a year, so I'm not sure how well I would do with an Android OS. But, then again, I haven't really looked into it yet so I might go ahead and do some research!

Yeah, it's a Windows 10 64bit system! I think the only benefit is that it has 4gb RAM, really, and it's not almost $400 like the only Intel Compute stick that I've seen that has 4gb ram, but also features 64gb disk space. The T07 also has the Atom x5-Z8300, which is the same as the 2nd best Compute stick that only has 2gb of ram and is 32bit Windows.

Heh heh, thank you! ;D I don't have too much planned out, but I'm working on it! I've just got to actually take the plunge and order the doll first. XD

Layaway;;

CaffeinatedCake
That does sound like a good place to start! I've only had an Android phone for less than a year, so I'm not sure how well I would do with an Android OS. But, then again, I haven't really looked into it yet so I might go ahead and do some research!

Yeah, it's a Windows 10 64bit system! I think the only benefit is that it has 4gb RAM, really, and it's not almost $400 like the only Intel Compute stick that I've seen that has 4gb ram, but also features 64gb disk space. The T07 also has the Atom x5-Z8300, which is the same as the 2nd best Compute stick that only has 2gb of ram and is 32bit Windows.

Heh heh, thank you! ;D I don't have too much planned out, but I'm working on it! I've just got to actually take the plunge and order the doll first. XD

Oh god! I had no idea the Intel ones got that high! I'd only been seeing the ones that were hovering around $100, not $300-- that's certainly a difference.

I've been on Android for a few years now, so I'm a bit biased about going with the Android stick since I like what I've played with and have built some amazingly crappy apps in the past, so I might kinda sorta know what I'm doing. I don't have a clue how to do programming for Windows based systems though.

I'll be keeping an eye out for him if you post him here

Ajahli

I think it's a neat idea but I don't really understand the PC stick thing? I mean... if you need to plug the monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc into it, shouldn't you just use a laptop or a tablet? I'm not trying to knock anyone for using one, I'm just genuinely curious!

I like the idea of putting a blue tooth speaker in the head too. I was actually thinking of doing something similar with my Miku DD, simply because I think it would be fun for Miku to sing her own songs xD haha!

I like the USB torso but I kinda wish they were in the back instead. I know that would probably be difficult because of the internal skeleton/spine. The charger idea is cute too. I wasn't going to get one until I saw he released a Mirai one and now I kind of want it...

I had given up on the hope of a 1/3 size robot doll but I still wonder how I could get more interactive with it. Is there a way to install Siri inside of Mirai? That would be cool xD

Either way, I'll probably cave and get a usb torso and a charger. I always wanted a cute robot(ish) doll ;___;

rukitron

Wake me up when I can put my brain in a smart doll body or larger.

Guess that's gonna be a long sleep.

Eustia
I think it's a neat idea but I don't really understand the PC stick thing? I mean... if you need to plug the monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc into it, shouldn't you just use a laptop or a tablet? I'm not trying to knock anyone for using one, I'm just genuinely curious!

I figure a wireless kb/mouse would be fine. Vinyl is unlikely to block the RF signals, but yeah, you still need a cable for power and monitor.

I am interested in the idea, but I'll wait until he has bodies with the cable holes, rather than running out of the bust joint. Or maybe a combined video/power cable can just come out of her stand socket; that'd be fine too.

CaffeinatedCake

I like the idea of putting a blue tooth speaker in the head too. I was actually thinking of doing something similar with my Miku DD, simply because I think it would be fun for Miku to sing her own songs xD haha!

I like the USB torso but I kinda wish they were in the back instead. I know that would probably be difficult because of the internal skeleton/spine. The charger idea is cute too. I wasn't going to get one until I saw he released a Mirai one and now I kind of want it...

I had given up on the hope of a 1/3 size robot doll but I still wonder how I could get more interactive with it. Is there a way to install Siri inside of Mirai? That would be cool xD

Either way, I'll probably cave and get a usb torso and a charger. I always wanted a cute robot(ish) doll ;___;

For me, it's partly the novelty of it, partly that I want to get into building Android apps for Automatic SmartDolls since Danny mentioned at one point or another that they would maybe run Android, so I'd like to get ahead of the game.

Like my IDEAL is to be able to link Miraicon, my phone and maybe my laptop together, but at the very least, my phone and Miraicon.

Also, as for SIRI, you hypothetically could in the same way that you would stick an Android or Intel stick inside the torso. However, I don't know that Apple has made PC sticks, though if you have an iPhone already there might be a workaround?

Hahaha life aspirations to be tiny?

I figure a wireless kb/mouse would be fine. Vinyl is unlikely to block the RF signals, but yeah, you still need a cable for power and monitor.

I am interested in the idea, but I'll wait until he has bodies with the cable holes, rather than running out of the bust joint. Or maybe a combined video/power cable can just come out of her stand socket; that'd be fine too.

From one of Danny's pics it looked like he had a bluetooth monitor? I'm not super familiar with hardware, but it would be nice if you COULD get a whole set up going without a ton of wires.

CaffeinatedCake

Sorry to double post, but the post Danny did about Mirai Pulse sort of delves into what Ajahli asked about making Siri work!

Post is here.

85def766440e74ceb535d71dacfa4067.JPG

Danny...

rukitron

Hahaha life aspirations to be tiny?

I wouldn't mind :3, a giant SMD body would be funny too.

I think these recent SMD mods are getting a little outta hand.

http://i.imgur.com/KGedeMv.jpg - also the mod reminds me of this.

"Saki, this new body makes me feel super moeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Tira
Sorry to double post, but the post Danny did about Mirai Pulse sort of delves into what Ajahli asked about making Siri work!

Post is here.

85def766440e74ceb535d71dacfa4067.JPG

Danny...

Too bad there isn't a Windows equivalent - you could make a Cortana doll that you could actually interact with.

Serisu

My Chitose arrived today! The extra torso mentioned in the post about the Miraicon wasn't included, and I don't see it in the article anymore, so I guess they ran out!

As I stated previously, I'm interested in the Meegopad T07. I was told on facebook that it wouldn't fit, but I made a thick cardboard model and it fit in the torso, just a little tightly. So I think that's still what I'm going to spring for.

EDIT;; they might be right about it not fitting. It's a tight fit and before I wasn't really considering the cords..

Edited by Guest

Layaway;;

Monty

You have to pay extra for that torso, it's not included free.

Unless you're saying you did and didn't receive it, which would be very strange.

Yumeiro

Danny wrote that if you want the miraicon torso, you have to write so in the message section on your order. But that text/statement is now missing.

He did not mention you having to pay for it either. But since the text is removed one could assume that they are "out of stock" or no longer being offered.

Serisu
Danny wrote that if you want the miraicon torso, you have to write so in the message section on your order. But that text/statement is now missing.

He did not mention you having to pay for it either. But since the text is removed one could assume that they are "out of stock" or no longer being offered.

Thank you! I thought that I had read correctly.

I guess everyone else jumped on getting the torso as well! I'll see what mods I need to make when I get the pc stick in.

EDIT;; I emailed Danny about the torso. He said they did run out of the ones that were being offered, but after AX he's going to start selling them with the spine on the webstore.

Layaway;;

Serisu

Today I got in my MeegoPad T07. It does actually fit in the torso, but you have to squeeze the doll's stomach. I haven't tried it yet with the power cord attached, though, because I want to get the device set up first. And I also think that some modifications might be needed still to plug it in. I want to get an angled micro-USB plug, but I haven't had the chance yet.

RfOHsREm.jpgbV6W2wbm.jpg

On a side note, I'm really hoping Danny puts the extra torsos up for sale soon. He said that they'd be for sale after AX.

Layaway;;

Misuka

Thank you! I thought that I had read correctly.

I guess everyone else jumped on getting the torso as well! I'll see what mods I need to make when I get the pc stick in.

EDIT;; I emailed Danny about the torso. He said they did run out of the ones that were being offered, but after AX he's going to start selling them with the spine on the webstore.

Thank you for contacting about the torso. More time to shop for the stick PC perhaps?