Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
baldylox

Another amazing transformation! (New faceup)

baldylox

Howdy peeps! Recently I purchased an Obitsu doll from someone here on the forums that came with an Obitsu Haruka head. Now I really had no plans for this head at all, I was more interested in the body and accessories that came with her. I wasn't going to get rid of the head but I did want it redone. I showed it to my GF and she *really* liked the style and shape of the head and face. Once she figured out what kind it was, she went off searching for pics of them online.

She found some really well done ones and was excited about what this girl could turn out looking like. I noticed her excitement so I decided to give her the head as part of her birthday present. She swapped the body out for my DD1 ( til she can afford a new DDS body ) and then set about finding eyes and a wig.

Yesterday we had a doll meet here and my good friend Eblktty redid the faceup for us. Now, I know Ebl does awesome work because she's done MANY of my girls. But the job she did on this girl was truly a HUGE turnaround. I'm not saying the old faceup was bad or anything, it just wasn't what I like and it lacked the details my GF and I like. So when we saw the new faceup, we were both stunned..... as I think you guys will be too.

Here's the before pics:

DSC_7260.jpg

DSC_7261.jpg

DSC_7262.jpg

And with a wig.

DSC_7259.jpg

And here are the after shots. Mind you, this is the same head..... I couldn't believe it.

DSC_7317.jpg

DSC_7316.jpg

Yeah.....

It's nuts isn't it?

Becca and I were ecstatic about how well she turned out. Neither of us had any idea that she could look THIS good. Needless to say, Ebl did an amazing job with this girl and we couldn't be happier. I just wanted to share and send some praise out to Eblktty for her hard work! Thanks!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

EblKtty

Im still beyond amazed that i managed to cover those lips xD as a side note that head was horribly stained by sharpies.

At home: Too many....

Anna-neko

ahhh, those freckles are the absolute best! ♥♥ and the softer lips are such an improvement, wow!

Cauldroness

Goodness, what a difference -- love how she went from a very "made-up" look to a very "natural" or "subtle make-up" look. The freckles, especially, are a delightful touch! The change in eyes makes a huge difference, too, it actually looks like she's looking at something rather than staring out into the void.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Noxxbunny
Im still beyond amazed that i managed to cover those lips xD as a side note that head was horribly stained by sharpies.

Oh wow! Now I can say I've finally seen one of those infamous sharpie faceups I've been hearing about.

You did a wonderful job on her new faceup though. She looks amazing! She's like a totally new head!

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

K-2

The versatile Haruka head. I've got about a dozen of them.

A very well done face up Eblktty.

MVSig.jpg

Keijogirl

Great job again, Eblktty!

Seeing the before next to the after, side by side even after seeing her in person it doesn't look like the same doll at all! Love her new look all the way.

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

Poofiemus

Wow! She turned out amazing! She have a name yet?

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

baldylox

Thank you for all the nice compliments everyone! I really had nothing to do with this other than buying her. It was all Ebl and she deserves all the praise. She never fails to impress me and I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a beautiful faceup.

As for a name, I think Becca has one in mind but she hasn't told me yet so once she has it, I'll have her post to tell you.

Oh, speaking of the freckles, some of those are hiding staining left over form the previous faceup. You'd never know it tho because of how well Ebl did them. You can't see all her freckles here tho, her wig is hiding some of the ones on her forehead and she also has some on her chin. She looks VERY natural with them too, they don't look odd or out of place at all.

Again, thanks for the comments and thanks to Ebl for her hard work!

Billy

galatia9

It's amazing how the change in eyeliner totally opened up the eyes!! And the freckles reveal the contours of the face across the nose and cheeks. She looks very real!!

I believe Rainman of Elfdoll did the Haruka sculpt, his head sculpts are some of my favorites. He's really an innovator among BJD heads, both resin and vinyl.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

goodgolly

Hi all

Thank you for all the nice comments on the new one! It was definitely a surprise how much I liked the face after Ebl worked her magic~

For right now, I really like the name Talia for her. We'll see if it sticks

K-2

What body will Talia end up on?

MVSig.jpg

Poofiemus

Talia--like the protagonist of the Mercades Lackey "Arrows of the Queen" books? Does this mean you need to get her a white horse to ride?

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

baldylox
What body will Talia end up on?

I can answer that one. She wants a DDS body for her. She's only on the DD1 body until we can find and afford the DDS which hopefully won't take too long.

Billy

EblKtty

Wow. Thank you all for such nice comments *-*

At home: Too many....