Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Nozomi02

Culture Japan at Anime Expo 2016

Nozomi02

Does anyone know if Danny will be hosting a booth or doing a panel at AX this year? I know he's going, but I can't find him on the schedule or vendor list.

At home:

DDH-05: Kimiko

DD Snow Miku: Miss Yum Yum

Smart Doll Ivory: Yuki

Smart Doll Chitose

Smart Doll Eiji: Hotohori

DD Saber Extra

DDH-07/SmD Hybrid: Maki

Smart Doll Harmony

Smart Doll Twilight

DDH-10 MDD: Anzu Futaba

Smart Doll Crimson Kai: Takeshi

rukitron

I need to buy a tan chitose if he has a booth in front of the exhibit hall!

rukitron

$540 dollary doos for a barely clothed doll, but I could just buy a doll with dlc boobs for $600ish dollary doos shipped from the site.

: (

Aurora
$540 dollary doos for a barely clothed doll, but I could just buy a doll with dlc boobs for $600ish dollary doos shipped from the site.

: (

I'm confused.

rukitron

600dollarydoos.png

It's $540 at show for the doll which I guess is about the same to buy shipped. I assume he's adding shippring prices as mark up.

Also I like to call add-ons as "DLC".

gaiaswill
I assume he's adding shippring prices as mark up.

Also CA taxes.

Ie-Aster

I did the math out of curiosity--52k yen is $508.53 USD and California sales tax is 7.5 percent, so $508.53*1.075=$546.67. So basically, California sales tax is approximately the same as EMS shipping from Japan to USA. x__x

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)

rukitron
I did the math out of curiosity--52k yen is $508.53 USD and California sales tax is 7.5 percent, so $508.53*1.075=$546.67. So basically, California sales tax is approximately the same as EMS shipping from Japan to USA. x__x

per item!

Monty

Anyone go to Danny Choo's panel? He said he'd be announcing new products on it but I havent heard anything from anyone yet. Not sure when he'll post about the new announcements on twitter.

Kinda hoping he's able to reveal what boy character he got the license for, since he implied before when he announced Miho that he wasnt allowed to reveal the boy yet.

Tira

It looks like the boy doll he has the license for is going to be Spike from Cowboy Bebop. He didn't really say much about, though... He said he didn't want to jinx it, so he would just show the next slide without saying anything, and then it was a picture of Spike. Between that and the fact that he's planning on starting design/production of the Macho body next year, I think Archer might have to wait. Plus, it'd be great to do the workshop version at his store - I can save money and get the Eiji eyes I want instead of the Crimson ones.

K-2

Spike!

Then if he did a "macho" body he could do Jet. He could use the standard Mirai body for Faye, but he would have to design a small body (40-45cm?) for Ed.

Ein might pose a problem...

MVSig.jpg

Monty

Spike?! That's awesome!

I wonder if he'd do any of the other characters from Cowboy Bebop.

edit= HOW is he gonna do his hair lol

K-2
HOW is he gonna do his hair lol

Some of those mohair wigs can be kind of curly/spiky like that without much styling.

The biggest problem with anime hair can trying to figure out how to render 2 dimensional designs in three dimensions. Anime/manga character designers can be very "M. C. Escher-like" with their designs.

Edited by Guest

MVSig.jpg

teensybits

if he does spike i might need to get him!

marikamira

Wow, Spike? That's going to be a tough character to nail! Best of luck to him, especially the hair lol

(He should totally make an Ein doll size plush too)

At home: Kanna<3(Custom DDH-01 MDD NS)

*Seiya-kun is getting reshelled into the new SmD Eiji*

rukitron

I'm a bit disappointed he's not going next year, but at the same time he was hyping a Texas anime convention that he is attending. Perhaps he had a falling out with AX?

Monty

All he said was it was to do with how busy he's gotten and it seems like he's trying to expand into new markets that he's trying to focus on instead. But it is odd to drop the biggest anime con in the US. I hope he can make it to SMASH in Australia again though - even though I'll be in Japan when it's on, him being there at SMASH last year is what got me interested in 1/3 dolls to begin with.

Ie-Aster

10/10 would buy 1/3 scale Ein

I must say I am kinda surprised that he's doing Cowboy Bebop and not a more recent anime, although maybe it is just that I am youngish (just graduated college) so it seems quite old to me... I remember seeing parts of it as a kid because my father was trying to use it to attempt to convince my mother that not all anime was evil pernicious hentai. I guess I was too young to see much of the appeal of Spike or Faye but I remember really really liking Ed and Ein.

Did Danny say anything about the Isetan collabo he announced on Twitter? Do we know anything about that?

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)

Poofiemus
10/10 would buy 1/3 scale Ein

I must say I am kinda surprised that he's doing Cowboy Bebop and not a more recent anime, although maybe it is just that I am youngish (just graduated college) so it seems quite old to me...

It is older, but it's solidly worked its reputation as a real classic. Also, for what it's worth, Kotobukiya is doing a figure of Spike: http://www.plastikitty.com/home/kotobukiya-announces-a-new-sakura-kinomoto

So, maybe there's something else going on with the license that hasn't been made public? :/ (Could be anything from "Hey we could make money let's get some quality merch out" to "Hey, Evangelion had a big revival. . . .", so. . . who knows.)

Also agreed on Ein, my crew could totes use a scale corgi.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Monty

Did Danny say anything about the Isetan collabo he announced on Twitter? Do we know anything about that?

All I know about Isetan is that it's a large department store, so I imagine he'll have something like a pop up store there or some kind of exhibition to, again, advertise smartdoll to a demographic not usually exposed to it. But there might also be some kind of fashion collab too, who knows.