Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Seki

Hime Ane Wig Size and Obitsu Body Question

Seki

So, I'm hoping to get this head in the future, but I have no idea which wig size it wears. Some posts I see say 7-8 and some say 8-9. I saw on Junkyspot, it said 8'', but is that 7-8 or 8-9? I don't want to end up getting the wrong size. Another question I have is, would the male 45cm obitsu body wear the same size as an MSD male body ..or?

Thanks for your answers.

FreelancerAlphaOneDashOne

Hi,

I have two Hime-Ane heads and they both are wearing 7-8 inch wigs. That is to say, they both had 7-8 size on their sales pages. One fits very well, the other is somewhat tight but manageable with some fancy fingerwork.

I would advise going for a 7-8 wig instead of an 8-9, as I find slightly too tight is generally preferable to too loose as it may make your little girl look egg-headed and alien like.

If you find an 8 inch wig that you like then by all means get it. Most wigs that I've found are listed as multi-size but not all are.

As for MSD boy clothing, it really is hit-and-miss. Your best bet is to measure your doll's body and compare it to the measurements of the body any given item of clothing is said to be tailored for. Buying clothing off of places such as Ebay for example can be a bit of a crap shoot, some things fit well, others not at all, even when they're ostensibly the same size.

There is a partial list of things that fit Obitsu/Parabox bodies here.

Kagura (Obitsu 50) | Nadeshiko (Parabox 47) | Ohime (Azone 48) | Mei & Makoto (Parabox 40 F/M)

K-2
As for MSD boy clothing, it really is hit-and-miss. Your best bet is to measure your doll's body and compare it to the measurements of the body any given item of clothing is said to be tailored for. Buying clothing off of places such as Ebay for example can be a bit of a crap shoot, some things fit well, others not at all, even when they're ostensibly the same size.

Fluffy Tank Fairy hit the nail on the head. You really need to go by the actual measurements rather than the vague description: "Fits MSD". That's like saying "Fits Teenagers". What does that mean? 13 year olds or 19 year olds?

Garment type will also play in here. Given the same "close" dimensions, that stretchy knit sweater will have a better chance of fitting than that tailored shirt or tight jeans.

The same goes for shoes. Go by the given inner dimension of the shoe. Does it match or is it a little larger than the foot length? If so you're in business.

MVSig.jpg

Seki

Fluffy Tank Fairy hit the nail on the head. You really need to go by the actual measurements rather than the vague description: "Fits MSD". That's like saying "Fits Teenagers". What does that mean? 13 year olds or 19 year olds?

Garment type will also play in here. Given the same "close" dimensions, that stretchy knit sweater will have a better chance of fitting than that tailored shirt or tight jeans.

The same goes for shoes. Go by the given inner dimension of the shoe. Does it match or is it a little larger than the foot length? If so you're in business.

Well, yeah. But, a lot of the time, there's clothing marked as " fits MSD size" or " fits 1/4 size" without measurements. So, I was just wondering if their body would be a little more bulky than the usual MSD sized doll, seeing that MSDs are usually portrayed as around the same size. Also, I don't mean shoes, I meant clothing. Whenever I see shoes for dolls, there's measurements.

Seki
Hi,

I have two Hime-Ane heads and they both are wearing 7-8 inch wigs. That is to say, they both had 7-8 size on their sales pages. One fits very well, the other is somewhat tight but manageable with some fancy fingerwork.

I would advise going for a 7-8 wig instead of an 8-9, as I find slightly too tight is generally preferable to too loose as it may make your little girl look egg-headed and alien like.

If you find an 8 inch wig that you like then by all means get it. Most wigs that I've found are listed as multi-size but not all are.

There is a partial list of things that fit Obitsu/Parabox bodies here.

Ahh, okay. So, 7-8 is the correct size. Thanks for your answer. Yeah, I usually get doll clothing from eBay or Tata's Paradise and they don't really include the measurements a lot of the time. It's just SD13, SD16, SD17, 70cm, MSD or fits 1/3 and 1/4. So when I buy clothes, I go off by the height since there isn't measurements for me unless I'm buying shoes. I guess because it's seen that dolls around those sizes are normally the same size. The only reason I asked this question is because the male 45cm obitsu body looked a little bulky compared to other MSD male bodies I've seen.

FreelancerAlphaOneDashOne

To my understanding Parabox's 45cm male body uses a unique bust piece which is smaller than even an S-bust girl but it uses the same hips and legs as the Parabox girls... so your boy will have a big booty relative to other boys his size. If I am correct, your boy will have three sizes of approx. 16-17, 13, 20 cm. I only have girl bodies at the moment so I can't confirm or deny the boys use the same hips.

All I can say is, good luck.

Kagura (Obitsu 50) | Nadeshiko (Parabox 47) | Ohime (Azone 48) | Mei & Makoto (Parabox 40 F/M)

Seki
To my understanding Parabox's 45cm male body uses a unique bust piece which is smaller than even an S-bust girl but it uses the same hips and legs as the Parabox girls... so your boy will have a big booty relative to other boys his size. If I am correct, your boy will have three sizes of approx. 16-17, 13, 20 cm. I only have girl bodies at the moment so I can't confirm or deny the boys use the same hips.

All I can say is, good luck.

Thank you for your responses~