Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
aurora_light_dd

Guide: Professionally change eyes & stablize its' position

aurora_light_dd

Welcome to my first written guide. I have seen a lot of people posted threads about changing eyes, but I wanted to share how I improved the stability of the eyes using my method for stabilizing the eyes.

I would like to mention something about the glue thing about Volks' head. Notice how the glue looks as a whole. The glue comes off like in one single piece with the eyes if you remove it.

29885836073_8a9c8959ec_z.jpg

On a blank head, if u follow the inner area which makes the eye holes, you will normally put putty around the eyes then stick it on the head, but there is a problem with it because it does not become one single piece, like how Volks did with the hot glue. To improve this, fill the missing gap between the two circles (both upper and lower gaps). This makes it easier to fit the eyes too. You will only need to use something like a ruler to press it firmly and secure the position of the eye. By doing this, we are trying to do the same thing like how Volks did with the hot glue. I have tried it a couple of times and it has proven that this works quite effectively.

30402065292_5ab3185071_z.jpg

Now we will compare both Lucy's head (default head of Lucy semi white ver) and my DDH-09 head.

Notice that the structure is quite similar.

30482103976_61d30273c1_z.jpg

I felt that Volks was lacking a bit of reinforcement for the glued area. That's why I came up with this idea.

Hope you enjoyed my guide and make sure to give a like if this does help you.

Thanks a lot for reading my thread.