Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Ie-Aster

Anyone lived in Colorado?

Ie-Aster

Hi all,

Due to a combination of cirbleepstances it's looking like I'll be moving from Massachusetts to Colorado at the end of November or December. I'll be staying with relatives for at least a few months--they live in Fort Collins.

I was wondering if anyone in CO or who has lived there recently knows of interesting anime and/or doll events in that area. I know about Denver Doll Emporium but they seem to be heavily resin BJD-focused?

I don't drive yet, (I'm in my 20s but wasn't allowed to learn in HS and never had time after) but I'm going to learn first thing when I get there.

Any suggestions in general for living in Colorado would be really appreciated I'm still not entirely certain that this would happen but it appears very likely. And I am pretty apprehensive, even though I like Fort Collins and my relatives, I haven't moved states since 2000 when I was a little kid and it's hard to know how living in a new place will be.

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)

FinalGear

Hello and Welcome to Colorado!

The Colorado anime scene.. well, you kinda of miss it 17 - 20ish yrs ago .

All the anime, comic, apparel, & small Japanese stores didn't survive the economic recession in Colorado.

We still have Nan Desu Kan (ndkdenver.org). But it's a ghetto anime convention.

However, Denver Comic Con (DCC)... is the current biggest comic/nerd fest in Colorado.

The emerge of DCC has re-energize a lot of the small Comic Cons throughout Denver, however i believe once the trend dies down... they will all disappear again.

Happy Halloween and keep warm