Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
daymien

Loose joints?

daymien

My DDdy's arms have been rather loose lately, at times the forearms will dislocate themselves from the doll:/

Anyone else faced this issue and is there any safe fix?

Mario

Are you new to the hobby?

If you are it's a common mistake not to put the forearm joint into the upper arm joint correctly, make sure you line them up correctly before you pop them in. When I was new to the hobby I had the common mistake of just sticking the forearm in without looking.

I freaked out too thinking my first doll was loose but yeah, just line it up into the joint.

Poofiemus

Do you have a DD2-frame (round/ball shaped elbow) or DD3 framed (peanut-shaped elbow joint) girl? The forearm jointing is pretty different between them.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

daymien
Are you new to the hobby?

If you are it's a common mistake not to put the forearm joint into the upper arm joint correctly, make sure you line them up correctly before you pop them in. When I was new to the hobby I had the common mistake of just sticking the forearm in without looking.

I freaked out too thinking my first doll was loose but yeah, just line it up into the joint.

Yup I just started:) I tried reinserting the forearms but they are still loose.. Am I aligning them wrong and is there supposed to be some clicking sound or feeling to know they are in place?

daymien
Do you have a DD2-frame (round/ball shaped elbow) or DD3 framed (peanut-shaped elbow joint) girl? The forearm jointing is pretty different between them.

It's the double jointed DD3 frame. I read somewhere that the older DD2 frame faced loose joints but not the DD3 frame:/

BeyondTime

Wasn't there an issue with the arm joints cracking on the earlier DD3 frame? Not sure if that applies to DDDy, but you might pull the frame out of her chest and check for cracks in the arm joints.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

galatia9

daymien, is the arm separating above or below the elbow?

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

BeyondTime

Sorry, I missed the bit where you mentioned forearms. I think the joint cracking issue on the original D3 frame was shoulder, elbow, and hip (on the leg not the pelvis) joints.

I know coolcats makes joint reinforcement parts for the hips and shoulders. I would still suggest checking for cracks on the part that won't stay seated.

Aaand still have no idea if any of that applies to DDDy.

One other note. I do have a few dolls where the parts are loose enough that they pull off when changing clothing. Like feet that don't want to stay in when you take the shoes off. It's rare, but as far as I know it's normal.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Aichan

On my DD1 (?) girl her ankles with her feet kept skiding out even when bare foot! it made it difficult when wearing shoes because the weight of the shoes. I was visiting The Volks store and they said to wrap tape around ankles and then push them back up and in to the calve/ legs.

Well I added tape & it didn't work. Then I added more and more and the feet & ankles kept coming out. so just like last week I got fed up and hot glued them in and Viola! No problems ever since , even with heavy shoes.

I have noticed on my DD2 (?) sorry I am realitivly new to DDs as well , the forearm kind of coming away from the upper arm. I just push it back in but I do not know what is causing this , but if it keeps happening I will probably use hot glue on that too .

BeyondTime

Well I added tape & it didn't work. Then I added more and more and the feet & ankles kept coming out. so just like last week I got fed up and hot glued them in and Viola! No problems ever since , even with heavy shoes.

The problem with any kind of permanent adhesive is that some clothing and jewelry items require you to remove the hands or the feet to get them on. It's also true of some of the armor items that came with Kos-Mos and Saber. The feet are completely replaced by the Sabatons (metal armor boots.) In Saber Extra's case they gave you some replacement posts that fit really tightly into the legs, possibly in order to keep them from falling off when you pick her up.

Volks seems to use some kind of adhesive on some of the frame parts to hold them together. It looks a lot like rubber cement to me, but it might be some kind of silicone based glue. It could be something else too, but it certainly isn't a permanent adhesive or we wouldn't have these issues.

I thought the D1 was strung, and didn't use the internal frame of the D2 and D3?

Aichan

The problem with any kind of permanent adhesive is that some clothing and jewelry items require you to remove the hands or the feet to get them on. It's also true of some of the armor items that came with Kos-Mos and Saber. The feet are completely replaced by the Sabatons (metal armor boots.) In Saber Extra's case they gave you some replacement posts that fit really tightly into the legs, possibly in order to keep them from falling off when you pick her up.

Volks seems to use some kind of adhesive on some of the frame parts to hold them together. It looks a lot like rubber cement to me, but it might be some kind of silicone based glue. It could be something else too, but it certainly isn't a permanent adhesive or we wouldn't have these issues.

I thought the D1 was strung, and didn't use the internal frame of the D2 and D3?

I see your point and I hadn"t thought of that The solution works for me as none of my girls wear complex outfits but the OP might want to try something -less permanent-

I have no idea who I have. I come from resin bjds so I am clueless. Everyone does have an internal frame though.

BeyondTime

I have no idea who I have. I come from resin bjds so I am clueless. Everyone does have an internal frame though.

These threads might help.

Body Comparison photos for DD's *DD NUDITY*

Dollfie Dream internal frame structure and Dimensions