Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
medalis

Beanbag Chair Pattern

medalis

Hiya everyone! I made my Smart Doll a beanbag chair the other day (since, despite having a sofa and two chairs to sit on, it's not enough for her to put her tush on) and, since I kept the pattern, I decided it'd be my first test of posting a pattern online!

tumblr_ojusge7Jx21vwm3plo1_1280.jpg

This'll fit any doll 60 and up. It's designed to be big (like a Sumo beanbag), so it'll fit up to 70cm pretty comfortably. MDDs would look adorably small in it, like they stole their big sister's beanbag!

If you are worried about stains like I was, you can make one panel out of a white fabric for them to sit on. I stuffed mine with fabric scraps but, if you have a choice, I recommend trying to find some foam beads (like what large beanbag chairs are actually filled with) or using Polyfill. Beans and rice are much too heavy.

tumblr_ojusge7Jx21vwm3plo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ojusge7Jx21vwm3plo3_1280.jpg

Print out two (or four) of each piece. Two of each gives you half of the total pattern piece, four will give you the whole. I personally prefer having the whole pattern piece, as it makes cutting out five whole pieces way easier. Flip half of the pieces and build until you have a piece that resembles a rounded diamond (image more clear in the MyFroggyStuff video attached).

Please refer to

for instructions on how to make the beanbag itself.

15965812_1711612082197515_21429815378271871_n.jpg?oh=8b61c1e588f0c0d9d217b43e579280e8&oe=591204AC

Pair with a kitty cat, some tea, and a few books and your dolls will be set!

Mikuland

This is actually great! Why did no one comment on this! I'm saving it and using it!

etoile

Whoa! How did I miss this?!

Thank you so much for posting this! I will have to make one of these! Your girl looks so relaxed!

MegWesley

That is a huge beanbag chair! I might have to go fabric shopping because this is an excellent idea. Especially since I don't really have doll furniture.

Home: Hatsune Miku ♡

Yuna

This is so cute! I love putting a doll next to me when I'm working in the living room, but I hate lugging furniture around, only to have to set it back up later. This will make things a lot easier without having to sit my dolls on the edge of the table all of the time.

Would you mind if I downscaled it for my 1/6 sized dolls?

"You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

Kalle

This would be perfect for me because if I feel like it's taking up too much space in my room, I can use it as a makeshift headrest. ;p

LAOiCdW.gif

Nikn

I love this! I'm totally making one for my girls in my desk!

Miyuki

Thanks for this post I used the myfroggystuff tut to make one and it sits next to may chair so Izumi can sit close by and give advise on new cloths she wants made