Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
ToriaCrux

DD Hybrid Yuuri Katsuki

ToriaCrux

I've been thinking about this for about a month now and figured I'd post this now. It will probably be a while before I can start but planning out a doll is always fun. If I do make him he'll be my first dd.

For the head I want to use a DDH07. I'm going to sand the chin a bit to make it less pointy and also mod the eyes a little. I might also mod his nose and mouth depending, on how accurate the profile looks in person. Basically just a lot of little tweaks. I'll also do the faceup.

At first I wanted to use a SmartDoll body but now I'm thinking a 60cm Obitsu with a 55cm chest. He'll have dd feet and large dd hands.

I want to make his wigs using wefts from Parabox.

I plan on making his eyes, glasses, phone and blades on his skates out of resin. Not sure about the boots for his skates yet.

I also plan to (attempt to) make as many of his outfits from the show as I can.

(・⊝・)

Tumblr

DOA

Poofiemus

You know, before Kirito was announced, this was VERY similar to the plan for Yuuri I had! I was actually going to use an 09 rather than an 07 (though I'd strongly considered the 07), however, because the 09 has a shorter face and I like the lips better.

But yeah, totally agree with the 60cm Obitsu boy hybrid solution for the body. It'll make him more in scale with a DD, and leaves you free to use the Smart Doll body for Viktor later if you want to.

Which show outfit are you going to start with? I still need to research what that freakin' closure on the FS costume is called because I'm insane and want to do that one so badly, LOL.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

ToriaCrux

I'll probably start with his practice outfit before moving on to something more complicated. Maybe Eros next? I hadn't noticed how weird the closure was on his free skate outfit until you pointed it out. I found a cosplay of it and it still makes no sense. All the rhinestones on the fs and Eros costumes are probably the most exciting part for me.

(・⊝・)

Tumblr

DOA

Poofiemus

I agree, if anything, the cosplay and the display version from the YOI cafe just make it MORE confusing, because they hint it's possible but not HOW. *grumble* And yes, I am definitely excited for the sparkles too, LOL. I also want to do the Stammi Vicino pair skate outfit, but that'll wait a bit. . . i.e., till I'm closer to being able to start doing a Smart Doll version of Viktor. My Skate Dorks NEED each other, but Yuuri's just going to have to cope with the dubious support of magical girls, a singing android, and a mad scientist for a while.

By the way, on the YOI Reddit, someone linked this site: https://blog.sakugabooru.com/tag/yuri-on-ice/ It's a whole bunch of interviews with the figure skating costume designer they got to design the YOI outfits. It includes fabric swatches, when some of the garments are bias cut, notes on what they changed for animation, and even a few unused outfits. I'm finding it useful, so I'm hoping you will too!

ToriaCrux

Thanks for the link! I know I've seen that before but I forgot to bookmark it.

(・⊝・)

Tumblr

DOA

galatia9

I have two Obitsu hybrid boys (the 601 bodies with the 3 part torso and double jointed limbs) with 60cm male upper torsos and 55cm male lower torsos, and I'll tell you, it's not the ideal body. They have extremely long legs, and don't sit up straight. If they were dressed in tight fitting clothes, they'd look very odd, because their lower torso is so thin!

Posing is pretty good, though! I can post a nude comparison photo if you like.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

ToriaCrux
I have two Obitsu hybrid boys (the 601 bodies with the 3 part torso and double jointed limbs) with 60cm male upper torsos and 55cm male lower torsos, and I'll tell you, it's not the ideal body. They have extremely long legs, and don't sit up straight. If they were dressed in tight fitting clothes, they'd look very odd, because their lower torso is so thin!

Posing is pretty good, though! I can post a nude comparison photo if you like.

Linda S.

galatia9

That would be great, thank you!

(・⊝・)

Tumblr

DOA

galatia9

i-nQWVXZV-L.jpg

Obitsu 55, DDS, Obitsu 60, DD.

Hope this helps!

Linda S.

galatia9

Edited by Guest

ToriaCrux

Thanks! The arms and legs from the current 60cm body will obviously look different but this does show the proportions really well!

(・⊝・)

Tumblr

DOA

galatia9

I much prefer the look of the current 60cm body's joints, but I got several unwanted Obitsu bodies from a good friend, so I wasn't going to say no. I'm not sure, but I think the girl torso is even slimmer!!

I hope you get your Yuuri together soon!

Linda S.

galatia9

Poofiemus

Hey, just FYI, I got a couple responses on how the free skate costume might work:

Basically, the prevailing theory is that each side of the jacket has a kind of fabric "tongue", which goes into a slit on the other side, and buttons on the inside of the jacket just past the slit.

ToriaCrux

That actually makes sense!

(・⊝・)

Tumblr

DOA

Poofiemus

I'm glad it helped you, too!

. . . dunno about you, but I'm so frustrated I can't start working on most of his stuff till I actually have him in my hands. Damn tailored skating costumes!