Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
mitsuki

2011 Social-ICE Festival

mitsuki

February 10-12th is the second annual "Social-ICE" festival here in Rochester, MN. It has been around -3 lately, so it was perfect weather for ice sculptures and building an ice bar. The lab went to check out the ice festival. I brought Shiori with me.

5437186967_d7d3c95529.jpg

Baldylox had his girls in warm clothes recently, and they looked so cute. I decided to dress up Shiori in a similar fashion. This set is for SD boys and is also supposed to fit DDdy.

http://www.volksusa.com/oflpc20110105.html

Shiori is a DDII, but the jeans fit well enough and allow for plenty of white layer room. The grey cardigan is from another DDdy outfit.

5437796652_eb030f176b.jpg

"The sun is still up so it is not too cold yet."

5437796876_f4d6b80ab8.jpg

"It is less windy between these buildings."

5437795916_d71bea4128.jpg

"Even the tables are made of ice."

5437794480_2edeb96137.jpg

5437185445_38b7e180d9.jpg

"More ice."

5437795354_621c9b5d61.jpg

5437797230_8c152d7aeb.jpg

"Even the glasses are made of ice."

5437794578_b2a2b39a8a.jpg

"There are some ice sculptures, but not as many as the ice festival in St. Paul."

5437796238_6a91be4bc7.jpg

"I had a good time out here, but it's getting windy and colder. It is time to go back inside."

Galvatim

Shiori looks good in that outfit!

This festival is pretty neat! Ice sculptures are always cool to see! Love those glasses made out of ice, that's one way to keep your drink col!

mitsuki

Thank you, Galvatim! We definitely don't have this kind of thing in Texas. One year, we even went to see the Ice Palace they occasionally build in Saint Paul. It is a huge castle made completely of ice. It was so cold out there though.

baldylox

I hate to say this but........

SO COOL!

Shiori looks SPLENDID in that outfit! She looks warm and extremely stylish, I can't see how anyone thinks DD's in pants aren't adorable. Her wig suits her well too, I like that color.

Man, even tho these pics look super cold, I'd love to be there to see that in person! Those ice glasses are way nice. I have never seen such before. I've seen some ice sculptures before that were semi large but all that stuff is really big.

I'm glad you got to get some good pics of this and that you brought along a daughter! Did anyone give you the regular stares or what? Did yall stay awhile or leave early? And who got drunk and fell off their ice chair?

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

mitsuki

Thanks, Baldylox! I love this little pants outfit too. The ice sculptures stay looking nice for a long time when they are outside in freezing cold weather versus when we had them inside for the Holiday Party.

We actually went two times (5pm and 6pm) to the ice bar, so we could warm up in between. There were so many people around that no one really noticed Shiori. At the last winter festival, I met someone who has resin girls. Rochester is such a small town that I didn't think I would find other BJD collectors.

There was an even later event at a regular bar for prospective graduate students interviewing this weekend to mingle with current graduate students, so no one drank too much at either of the two ice bar trips. I don't know how things went at the later event. Usually someone goes overboard. I heard there were a couple of ice sculptures outside the regular bar too to maintain the icy theme.