Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

missadventure364

Boy Smart Doll outfit sizing?

missadventure364

Sorry if this is already asked, I tried to find it but didn't have much luck. What size clothes best fit smart doll boys? Where do you get your favorite smart doll boy clothes?

I just ordered my first boy, so now I need to get him something to wear. Thanks!

ToriaCrux

I don't have a SmartDoll but a few people on here have said that sd13 clothes fit best but will be a tiny bit too short and sd16 is good for baggy clothes.

(・⊝・)

Tumblr

DOA

Mario

SD13 boy clothes fit best for a smart doll boy.

My preferred shopping is Mandarake(SD13 boy clothes((usually Volks or Dollheart)) tend to come really cheap there since they are secondhand. And no proxy is required.

01.png

This Volks SD13 suit I got for only $20 from Mandarake, if I remember correctly, it originally retails for about $60-$80 directly from Volks.

SD16 CAN fit SmD boys but it can fit a little big. I just bought the Suspender / White T-shirt Set a week ago straight from VolksUSA. And as you can see, the shirt fits fine. Just the pants are a bit loose from the waist.

http://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=8366

02.png

The best way to correct this is to simply pin the pants or buy them a belt.

03.png

Another thing to note, I noticed smart doll boys DO have a smaller head than the girls(This is the Eiji thats being discontinued I don't know if the new ones have a bigger head or not.) So I would suggest to buy them a wig thats smaller(7-8) than a standard DD size (which is 8-9)

As you can see the wig I currently have on his is 8-9. Which is a little bit too big. I wish I was told this sooner(I was only told that DD 8-9 size fits all smart dolls but this is a half-lie)but I may as well pass it around before someone else makes the same mistake I did.

Also same thing, if you're considering glasses, standard "DD size" glasses do not fit. It engulfs his entire face. I'd suggest going for MSD glasses if you ever consider glasses.

sakura2012

Hi! It's just like what Mario had mentioned earlier, that SD13 clothes do fit the SmartDoll guys. I have both the old Eiji(aka Kai)and Crimson(aka Kou). And from my experience, I've been ordering this size for my guys since I had them. It depends on their fashion sense, I usually get their clothes from Etsy and the SmartDoll website. With Etsy, there's 2 shops that are my favorite that I purchase from, which are: ttya and Dolline. Both shops clothing are great in quality and very well made. Never had a problem with either. I also heard that Alice Collections is a great website to buy the SmD boy clothes but I only brought sneakers from them.

Here's a pic of my guys with their clothes:

IMG_0456.JPG.f343ae6c5804d64485bc4e55ac20eedb.JPG

NeeP

One the Smart Doll site, it states that both the boys and girls can wear the same pair of jeans (meaning the ones that boys wore by default) and corduroys (girls' default). Using wacky NeeP-logic, I supposed that would apply to the white jeans, but I am wondering if that would also apply to the cargo pants? I do plan to get the new Crimson either later this year or early next, and I would think it'd be nice to buy clothes from the same place.

Any thoughts?

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

Monty

I want to add that the smartdoll wig size is actually just '8', exactly, as opposed to 8-9 (thats what Danny told me when I went to the store, anyway). Unless its a MSD wig on the bigger side or has elastic, a lot of MSD size wigs (which are 7-8) WONT fit. I couldn't fit the one MSD wig I own on an Eiji no matter how I tried. But the 8-9 wig was fine. He just needed a wig cap underneath. I dont think it looked too big at all.

MSD glasses are the way to go though, unless you want a comical 'hipster' look.

even though most SD13 stuff fits, a lot of it has been tailored to dolls with bigger heads. Eiji's head just ended up looking too small for the outfits even when they technically fit him - especially suits. One white Volks suit I tried on my my old Eiji made him look like a little kid wearing his dad's clothes - absolutely comical, and made his neck look even shorter. More casual stuff wasn't so bad though.

This is only about the old Eiji, though. The new one's longer neck might help some of these problems, although I dont know how the head size compares. If it's any bigger (which is more likely than being smaller), MSD size wigs -definitely- wont fit.

Missy_Magoo

Just a warning about glasses for SmD boys...I was advised to choose an MSD pair, so I got some from Sunny's World and they are too small to fit on my Smart Doll Ebony's face...or even my MSD BJD's face...but they fit very well on my YOSD girl so yeah...I haven't ordered from anywhere else, but SW apparently runs VERY small...

I'm still on the hunt for a pair.

Its tricky getting the ratio right, because you don't want frames so large they look comical and goofy, but you need the arms to actually fit around their head and over the ears.