Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Chessmate

[New Danganronpa V3] Shuichi Saihara

Chessmate

Hello! So... this project has been one that I've been palpitating back and forth between on whether or not I should do it for quite a while, but I've finally decided on going through with it!

Shuichi Saihara is one of my favorite characters from Danganronpa, if not my favorite of all, I've kept an eye on New Danganronpa V3 since it was first announced but I never really thought much of Shuichi until the game actually came out and was being streamed.

Now, I won't spoil what happens in the game for anyone would be potentially interested in checking it out but in summary, Shuichi's growth as a character really spoke to me and made me appreciate him very much as a character.

There is also the fact that the doll that got me into Dollfie Dreams and BJD in general was in fact someone else's custom Shuichi DD!

And so... I've decided to shell him in DD form myself as well!

I can't add pictures yet and I'm not sure how to post urls but I will add his reference sheet as soon as I get 20 posts!

My basic plans for him are the following.

Head: DDH07 SWS (At first I considered DDH09 but upon taking note of his reference sheet, I realize DDH07 is perfect for him since he has a rather mature and sharp face.)

Body: Obitsu 55 cm male doll body

Wig: Leekeworld W111_E in Royalcadet Blue

Clothes: I will commission these.

Faceup: I will do this myself, I plan on sanding off the mouth as well and possibly a little bit of sanding on the nose. My planned expression is similar to his default sprite, possibly with an added slight pout.

Eyes: I will (probably) make these myself as well, but I am not so sure how to go about this so again, any help would really be appreciated!

That's the gist of it for now, though some of these may be subject to change in the future.

I'll update this thread as it progresses, thanks for reading!!

Edited by Guest

WIP crew; Ouma Kokichi (DDH01) Pregame Ouma "Bonkichi" (DDH01) Saihara Shuichi/Pregame Saihara "Inkyahara" (Obi50/DDH07)

https://www.instagram.com/boninkya/

Monty

I LOVE SAIHARA SO MUCH. Im also a massive DR fan and bought DRV3 the day it came out. I tend to take forever to play games but I powered through it as fast as I could because I wanted to finish it before I could get spoiled lol. DRV3 is very polarizing but honestly I loved it, I only wish Kibo wasn't so impossible to dollafy without serious mods.

I'm also gonna be following this thread although I'm sorry I don't have much help to offer other than support.

I wish you luck! For custom eyes, if you can't make them ourself you can commission them, I know a few people here might take commissions for custom eyes?

Chessmate

Aaahh, it's great to see other DR Dollfie Dream fans!! I got spoiled quickly on the game sadly, but in hindsight I'm a bit grateful since Saihara probably wouldn't have had such a big effect on me if I waited. As for the eyes, I'd like to know who you have in mind? :0 I appreciate the help!

WIP crew; Ouma Kokichi (DDH01) Pregame Ouma "Bonkichi" (DDH01) Saihara Shuichi/Pregame Saihara "Inkyahara" (Obi50/DDH07)

AceZeroX

Glad to see people wanting to make some Danganronpa DDs

A while back i was scrolling on instagram and saw someone had a Ouma face-up done for a ddh-09, maybe it can help you with the face up

Here's the link:

Edited by Guest

At Home

.: Alice "Usu" Kuonji :. ♪ .: "MM" (09) head only :.

Dreaming of...

♪ Sakuya Izayoi ♪ ☆Rise Kujikawa☆♪ Alisa ♪2B♪9S♪Jeanne D'Arc ♪

Monty

A while back i was scrolling on instagram and saw someone had a Shuichi face-up done for a ddh-09

Here's the link:

That's Ouma Kokichi, not Saihara Shuichi. Their faces are pretty different. unfortunately Ouma's the most popular it seems so I've already seen quite a lot of custom dolls of all kinds of him.

AceZeroX

A while back i was scrolling on instagram and saw someone had a Shuichi face-up done for a ddh-09

Here's the link:

That's Ouma Kokichi, not Saihara Shuichi. Their faces are pretty different. unfortunately Ouma's the most popular it seems so I've already seen quite a lot of custom dolls of all kinds of him.

omg I confused them... (it's not the first time..) I'm so sorry

At Home

.: Alice "Usu" Kuonji :. ♪ .: "MM" (09) head only :.

Dreaming of...

♪ Sakuya Izayoi ♪ ☆Rise Kujikawa☆♪ Alisa ♪2B♪9S♪Jeanne D'Arc ♪

MagicalRozen

So exciting to see several people on the forum making Dangonaronpa Dollfies!

I'm trying to avoid V3 spoilers like the plague at the moment, only allowing myself to see what the cast looks like and their talents. I want to try to remain as spoiler free until the game comes out for PC in English in September. So while I can say nothing about him as a character, his appearance is very mysterious and striking it'll be so interesting to see him in Dollfie form!

I wish you the very best of luck and if you need any help, I'll try my best to help you out in anyway I can! I've learned a lot about the customizing process while slowly working on Mikan, and if you have any questions I'll do my best to help. Have a wonderful day and week!

Khepra, Ginkgo, TamakiDelilah, HimikoRin, Ann, Sana, Kana, Robin, Amane, And Others That May Come And Go.

Chessmate

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for the support and help! Sorry I'm replying really late, the main reason for it is because... I've been distracted by another character concept! ^^;; Recently, Obitsu has stated they are discontinuing their 50cm male body which is what I needed for my original DD plans and so, I'm focusing on that and maybe another oc character concept for meanwhile.

In other words, for now, this DD plan is on hold until I complete my two ocs.

Hopefully I'll be able to return to shelling Saihara soon!

Chessmate

Bumping! Since my first DD is coming close to being finished, I've decided to reopen these plans for the future, I have also edited the OP a bit with new info.