Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Eiko82

Smart Doll Store coming to the USA

Eiko82

In Danny's latest newsletter, he mentions opening a store in California :

My next event is in New York this November - if you can make it then lets talk business or employment opportunities as I prepare to open our US office in California.

It doesn't really surprise me. Danny mentioned in April that 29% of worldwide Smart Dolls sales go to the USA and that 22% of said American Smart Doll sales go to California.

I still hope that he'll open one in Europe. (Come on, Danny, do what Volks has always refused to do ;__; )

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

illori

Well, it's on my continent at least. Highly doubt I'll ever get there though.

Mario

I wonder how close he will open a store here in Cali. Crossing fingers it's only a walking distance!

magique

He's really competing with Volks, huh? Lmao, I've been to the VolksUSA store and it's in an awkward little nook. I wonder what his will be like? Also, I hope its near me and that his instore DIY thing will be there too!

Noxxbunny

Man, I'm just always down for more stuff like this even if I'm not immediately in the market for a Smart Doll. Fingers crossed he'll do Northern CA and not stick it down in LA with Volks >_< Show the bay some love, Danny!

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Nozomi02

Speaking as someone from Washington, I'd prefer northern California as well! Think that would be less expensive rent than the LA area too?

At home:

DDH-05: Kimiko

DD Snow Miku: Miss Yum Yum

Smart Doll Ivory: Yuki

Smart Doll Chitose

Smart Doll Eiji: Hotohori

DD Saber Extra

DDH-07/SmD Hybrid: Maki

Smart Doll Harmony

Smart Doll Twilight

DDH-10 MDD: Anzu Futaba

Smart Doll Crimson Kai: Takeshi

belpita

Do you think it will be a Smart Doll only shop, though? Isn't it more likely to be more financially secure if he shares with some other bjd company? Although, I don't know if there even is such a physical shop in the US.

Eiko82
Do you think it will be a Smart Doll only shop, though? Isn't it more likely to be more financially secure if he shares with some other bjd company? Although, I don't know if there even is such a physical shop in the US.

I'm just guessing here but I don't think Danny is the type to share with another BJD company. It's clear that he wants the Smart Doll brand to stand on its own.

I'm just curious how it would work logistics-wise e.g. would the dolls be made and assembled in the USA? Or would they be made in Japan and then shipped to the USA?

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

cirquemom
Speaking as someone from Washington, I'd prefer northern California as well! Think that would be less expensive rent than the LA area too?

Where are you? I'm in Mendocino County.

I'd love it if it was in San Francisco. I would think either Pier 39 or Japantown would be perfect places for one. But...probably it'll be in Los Angeles. *sigh*

Poofiemus

LA would be the logical choice if he's shipping stuff in from Japan, because that's where the biggest international docks in the country are. It's no coincidence that Volks USA is in LA.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

toletta

Oooh that would be cool! But there are official dealers in the US I think... It would be awesome if he could open a Smart Doll shop in London (his hometown!!???!!!!). Maybe in the future...