Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Monty

Miku's Exciting Weekend - PIC HEAVY - Update 18/9

Monty

I took Miku to Tokyo with me, and only just got back. I was going for something pretty special - see if you can figure out what it's for before Miku can (although a lot of you probably know already).

36188235773_ce0db06585_z.jpgUntitled by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: So where are we going? Into Fu kuoka city again? What are these glowsticks for?

Torino: That's the furthest you've ever been, isn't it? We're going a lot further than that today. We're going to be getting on a plane.

36187985033_e98441256a_z.jpgTokyo1 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: A plane?! That sounds kind of scary. Can't we get the train?

Me: It's too expensive to get the train to Tokyo.

Miku: Tokyo?! What are we doing there?!

Me: It's a surprise, but you'll definitely like it.

-a few hours later-

36187983343_18b2009dd7_z.jpgTokyo1 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Where are we now? I got bounched around in that bag so much...

Torino: Akihabara Doll Point!

Miku: So this is where we were going? Wonderful! Are we going to have a photo session?

[i'll put the photo session in another thread, it was pretty fun, but here are a few from there]

36187983153_7d4e6201cd_z.jpgTokyo1 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

36160841924_c589f1018f_z.jpgTokyo1 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

-Later-

36856289571_a530572a6c_z.jpgTokyo1 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Whew, I'm tired. I guess we have to fly back tomorrow, huh? But that was fun. I wish Rin had come too. Thank you for taking me all the way here! Doll Point was the surprise, huh?

Me: That wasn't the surprise, the surprise is tomorrow.

36599516660_c11c894949_z.jpgTokyo1 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Huh?! Really? What is it?!

Me: I'm not telling, I thought you would have figured it out by now.

Miku: Where are we going tomorrow??

36996770825_6d535dbeea_z.jpgTokyo1 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Teeeell me! Teeeeell meee!!!

-Saturday-

36996903325_22239e2dde_z.jpgMagicalmirai1 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

We arrived at the venue and there were loads of people lined up already...

Miku: Why do we have to stand around for so long?

Torino: Everyone's waiting to get in.

Miku: To get in WHERE?

36996903165_bde872052c_z.jpgMagicalmirai1 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Torino: You still haven't figured out what everyone is here for?

Miku: ...

Torino: Miku, do you see the sign up ahead? Can you read it from here?

36856448471_29e9248333_z.jpgMagicalmirai1 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: ma...ji...ka...ru...mi..ra.. ...!!!!!!

Miku: omgosh

36599663000_7e806fd831_z.jpgMagicalmirai1 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: OMIGOSH OMIGOSH! REALLY? REALLY?

36188140263_8d55b9d4ea_z.jpgMagicalmirai1 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: You brought me to MAGICAL MIRAI?!?!

To be continued...

Edited by Monty

Ie-Aster

Miku's enthusiasm is super cute! Especially when she starts waving the glowstick in excitement in the last photo.

I look forward to seeing the rest of her adventure

It's also great that you were able to take photos of Miku with the crowds! Were there any other people with DD Vocaloids there?

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)

Monty
Miku's enthusiasm is super cute! Especially when she starts waving the glowstick in excitement in the last photo.

I look forward to seeing the rest of her adventure

It's also great that you were able to take photos of Miku with the crowds! Were there any other people with DD Vocaloids there?

There were heaps! Miku actually got to high-five another one in another part of the queue as our queue moved past it, and I saw a really cute MDD Kaito that I recognized from twitter go past too. Unfortunately I missed the group photos that got organised though.

I'll put the rest of the photos up eventually - there's a lot.

(edit: heres just some of the DDs present on just the third day according to twitter. The weird Miku holding the rubber chickens is the one mine high-fived in the queue. I really wish I could have gone to more than one day.

)

sinclair

How fun! Glad Miku got to go on an adventure. What outfit is she wearing?

Gabriel

The whole set is great. Oddly, the one that really gets me is the one where she's in the bag with her blanket (towel). For me, that one just goes off the meter for cute.

Eiko82

Such cool photos!! Miku looks so cute and excited. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Monty
sinclair said:
How fun! Glad Miku got to go on an adventure. What outfit is she wearing?

She's wearing the under-dress part of the Twinkle Snow outfit (plus the shoes from that set) and the cardigan from the blue Dreamy Star Night set. The stockings are from an outfit I bought at Dolpa in May.

Anyway, let's continue!

36707039040_4ec1b0b3e9_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Yay! Let's go!

So, our first order of business was to head IMMEDIATELY to the Volks booth to try to get the DD happi - as I wanted one for my own Miku and one for Sinclair's Miku too. Unfortunately, even though we had come 2 hours before opening time, scarcely 30 minutes after the event had even started they announced that they had sold out. While people were still lined up for them. 😕 I'm still salty about this, especially because a huge percentage of people who did manage to get one immediately put them on yahoo auctions for 5x the original price.

Anyway, next on the agenda was to get in the gigantic merch line so that I could get one of the official colour-changing pen-lights for the concert (ours was the first one that day)

36961623811_7b94b73306_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: this...sure is a line, huh.

Me: We can't go into the concert without a penlight. What kind of fan would I be?!

So yeah this photo doesn't adequately show how LONG this line was and how much it snaked around. I was waiting for about 40 minutes I think. The whole time I was really worried that they'd either sell out of penlights or it'd take so long I'd have to leave the line to get to the concert. I'd heard that certain individuals were buying obscene numbers of penlights for no apparent reason, so every time I saw the staff lifting up a 'sold out' sticker my heart stopped!

36290364823_c904422a6a_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Getting closer!

Luckily I got the stuff I wanted and then hurried to the concert venue.

Miku: When's it going to start?! Why don't you have the penlight out?!

Me: Okay, okay!

36707041090_0ace135228_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Okay, we're ready! Are you gonna try to get a pic of the Miku on the stage?

Torino: I dont want to risk getting thrown out, photos aren't allowed once it starts.

Miku: It's starting, it's starting! Okay Torino, try not to get emotionally moved too much and start crying or something.

~ The concert was incredible! And I did get pretty moved, I managed to avoid crying because of how much this all meant to me, but the girl next to me did during the last song, Hajimete no Oto - one of the oldest songs from the original 'boom' - which the whole audience sang along to. I'll never ever forget this, and definitely want to buy the bluray of the concert.-

36914868786_cf213992d7_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: -sniff-

Torino: same

Next I had to head back into the Exhibition hall to meet HachiOujiP! Before the concert I bought his new album, which would allow me to get an autograph from him later. The annoying part is I thought I had to buy the CD before the event, so I preordered the special edition version on amazon and didnt realize I was meant to buy it at MagicalMirai to get the autograph ticket until it arrived 8') The thing is, HachiOujiP is my favourite Vocaloid producer alongside GigaP and wowaka, and he has been to SMASH in Australia -twice- now to do autographs, both times when I was living in Japan 5 years or so ago. The two SMASHes I actually got to go to when I was back in Australia he didn't come to. So I wasn't going to let him get away this time, and sucked it up and bought the album again. Although I bought the regular edition to save some money....and then remembered I forgot to bring the limited edition with me to MM, which was the one I wanted signed, so I could only get the regular one signed now, but I wasn't going to buy the CD a THIRD time so argh whatever. (The CD is awesome by the way, I've had it on repeat for a week)

36932830062_b64a69b72d_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Whether it's the limited edition version or the regular version that got signed it doesn't matter! Look! It's HachioOujiP's autograph!

Torino: icantbelieveimethachioujiPohgodohmanohgod

Miku: We got to talk to HachiOujiP about Pokemon Go!

Torino: Correction, I couldn't think of what to say to my vocaloid idol and blurted out stuff about Pokemon Go because I remembered the whole time he was in Australia he kept posting about the Pokemon he caught in Pokemon Go...

Miku: But we made him smile!

Torino: Alright, there's a looooad of stuff to see in the Exhibition hall.

36707041130_16d6e138f2_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Like this guy! Can we get this?

Torino: It's not for sale...

36290371493_5f21e9957f_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Torino, I want one of these hotdogs that look like they're either from the 70s or the future.

Torino: Looks like they're sold out for the day.

Miku: Torino, how much do you love Hatsune Miku?

Torino: A goddamn lot.

Miku: Enough to GIVE YOUR BLOOD TO HER?

Torino: Wha...?

Miku: Look...

36932836022_753bf87c53_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

There really was a place set up for blood donations...while I would like to give blood as its a very worthwhile thing to do, I am kinda anemic and a big weenie who faints from needles, so not a good idea.

36267994304_4fe2fee8a5_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

This was an exhibition of something called 'Living with Miku' by Gatebox - it was basically a small holograph machine with a little Miku inside. Photos werent allowed of the actual thing but it was pretty cool. They have a video about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chh6Jks6YHc

Torino: Huh, I wonder what it'd be like to live with a little Miku like that.

Miku: But you already live with a little Miku!

36290368033_6f806b8be6_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Snow Miku getting an early start on things... it was actually a Daihatsu collab, hence all the little cars.

Miku: What if Daihatsu made an actual human-sized Mikumobile?

Torino: Don't be silly, that would never-

36914867896_9118371fc7_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Torino: I spoke too soon.

Miku: We're getting this, aren't we?

Torino: I don't even have a driver's license...! (I don't wanna know how much this'd cost.)

36961623351_1360fe0a35_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: It's Crypton! Gotta pay our respects to the people who made my voice.

Torino: Thank you based Crypton.

Next, some games! Crypton also had two special games set up.

36932834102_99f622e8cf_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

The one on the far side was a VR game - the controllers you hold look like magic wands in the VR world and you have to catch the rings Miku shoots out at you - its basically a VR rhythm game. As for the other game, it used a camera to convert your movements into Miku's on screen.

Miku: Torino wasn't very good at the VR game...

Torino: It was a lot harder than it looks, but I'm incredibly uncoordinated anyway. And the helmet was so heavy... It was fun though.

36914866666_8f093a43d6_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: C'mon, c'mon! There's so much more to see!

36932833442_3503be0f0f_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Look at this picture, it's so cute. What's going on over here?

36961625301_7989d644ee_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

This was a special zone for creating your own fan-merch - the staff would instruct you on how to make these cute little resin cube keychains, among other stuff. It looked like fun and I meant to come back to check it out, but I was currently focused on taking photos of everything.

36914866706_1208d073f1_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

A nanoblock picture that was gradually completed by fans over the weekend, block by block.

36961622891_8f9c10213a_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

iXima, who did the box art for the V4 Cyrptonloids (and V3 Kaito/Meiko), painted this live. I'm really sad I missed the live painting and only got to see the finished work, but it sure was amazing, and huge!

36914867806_1edc92961c_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: hmm, what's all this?

36267993114_b4c898d7c0_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Torino: It's every Vocaloid to date on display!

Miku: So many...

Torino: You're telling me. I remember when it was just you and the original Yamaha Engloids. I don't know how anyone can keep track these days...

36267992524_4e4f2878eb_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Torino: I'm so glad they included the best Vocaloid, Kaede.

(note: Kaede, the cat, was an April Fool's joke. I cracked up seeing her in there)

36290362993_5a219cae8f_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: I wonder when Volks will release the Magical Mirai outfits already...

Torino: Hopefully when I can afford them.

36267990664_8a456580cb_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Here's an add for the art sharing site Piapro. It's taling about how your artwork may eventually get to be used for official merchandise. It uses the Mikuzukin DD outfit as one of the many example of this - the original design was one of the winning entries in a contest for Project Diva modules after all.

36267989644_a38b98cb97_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Looks like there was currently some voting going on as to which pictures should be included in the Piapro 2018 Calendar. I didn't vote cos I couldn't decide, all the pics looked great. I might have to hunt this calendar down once it's made.

36961621061_4398918201_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: So many birthday messages and congratulations for 10 years...

Torino: There were way more than just these ones of course.

37103183075_3c7981b914_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

If you haven't seen the incredible PV to Sand Planet - the theme song for Magical Mirai this year by Hachi, do yourself a favour and go watch it. This huge screen was playing it on a loop.

36707034130_19a05cbd20_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Mother Miku watches down on her subjects from above...

(this was actually a slideshow of fanart)

36932826792_a177a22e25_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Cake? For me? You shouldn't have!

36961619841_f4ec24b18e_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Various famous Miku appearances, how many do you remember?

36707036080_27bcfa5fff_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

In a part that dobleepented Miku's history over the past 10 years, we found a secret little Kaito.

37103183775_8aeabe29ec_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

As well as a life-sized Kaito.

36290360553_df1f5dff7c_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

And Kaito's bouquet.

36914865526_5cc504cedd_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: When will Kaito come back to our place, anyway? Asking for...a friend.

Torino: That depends on Volks. Also I cannot get over how adorable that bouquet is...

The flower displays set up were so adorable.

36267988154_a3ecfe885a_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Oh, here's my one.

36914865506_6a35ba6dba_z.jpgMagical Mirai 2 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Oh, but this one is nice too!

To be continued...

Edited by Monty

Ie-Aster

Ah, it's so exciting to see the continuation of Miku's adventure! She is super adorable ^__^

All the illustrations are great. The large one and the birthday cards are beautiful, but I think my favorite is still chibi Miku and chibi Kaito drawing together.

Ah, so that's why Sand Planet has such a fancy PV--it's the theme song! I saw the PV devoid of any context (and without English subs) and was simultaneously really impressed and also surprised that the producer et al. had had the funding to put together a fully animated PV.

I love the giant cake too.

Looking forward to the next part!

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)

sinclair

Miku and I would have loved to be there. You two are having so much fun. Only problem is I couldn't read anything.

As for the happi, thanks for trying and I really hate how that's how it went down. People are so greedy. And none have shown up on eBay yet, and I don't have the JYA skills to get one from there.

And thise games looked so much fun. Wish they'd release them for the PS4 so I could get them.

I_Shinji

Thank you for sharing Miku and your story. I hope one day I can go to Japan and attend a Miku concert in person. I attended Miku expo in Los Angels last year, but the screen was half the width of Magical Mirai's screen. I really wish I could see Miku running around the stage like she did in Magical Mirai. Looking forward to see more Miku's adventure with you.

Monty
hey hey hey, did I just see your Miku in the recent DD blog

https://ameblo.jp/blog-dd/entry-12310658340.html

Wow! Thanks for pointing that out. They did ask for a photo of her, and complimented how cute I made her look, but I wasn't sure if they planned to upload the photos. I'm really happy about it lol.

'A Miku with wonderful short-hair!' I'm sure she'll be happy to know lol.

More pics coming soon, including my own ones from the Volks booth.

Monty

Time for the final part:

37112939416_0d3df9d683_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Wow! It's a giant Miku figure!

37112938466_ac1cd32f23_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Torino: What are you doing?

Miku: I'm trying to do the same pose.

37131049062_273e6c56e7_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Another big cake! That's two big cakes so far...

37160953521_6f7e6887ee_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: ...and another big Miku!

37304554635_1061d476bf_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on FlickrTorino: So this is what Miku's room looks like....

(note: I didnt notice till just now, but there are Magical Mirai outfits hanging up in the back there, which I think is cute)

37160953421_d55d0f5f68_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: It's a big Luka! I know! Make this a pic of the two of us!

36466414024_4d846ded96_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Do we match?

Torino: (not really. Argh! Her arm isn't extended properly.)

37112937596_274374afcd_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: A giant Rin!

37160957321_e36d581eab_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: It's the best I can do without pointing hands!

37131048612_74390eaed1_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Next up is Len!

37112937556_c1543e155f_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Another one I need more option hands for... Alright, what's next!

37160957301_971d0e1d17_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Torino: It's you.

37112941316_5f450031ca_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: wow...

Miku: ...okay, where to next?

Torino: Let's get a commemorative photo.

36490118813_10f9c8454e_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Isn't this supposed to be for people?

Torino: -SHRUG-

(Someone right before us took a bunch of DDs, actually! Although they included themself in the photo, they were holding 3 at once!)

37112940726_fccf0c1071_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: That guy was holding two Mikus, a Rin and some plushies!

37112939596_e21a9c7354_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Looks like my ride is here.

Torino: That's not yours, you know.

Miku: But it's got me on it!

37112939336_f196fa7730_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Torino: That doesn't make it yours!

Miku: That doesn't seem fair...

37131916792_7083a5f6f8_z.jpgUntitled by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: All these colour-coded lights...

37304556465_5c93129b32_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: I'll sit in the 'correct' one then. ...Oh no.

Torino: What??

Miku: This metal thing is dirty...

Torino: Aaaargh!

(It was okay in the end, she just got some dirt on her hands but it wiped off easily. I was scared she'd get some staining at first...)

37112941536_203465dd90_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Guess we should go pay our respects here too!

37112941476_0e2996b3d0_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: sniff...I really wanted one...

Torino: Me too.... and sinclair three.

Miku: Well, I'm sure all the people who got one made their Mikus really happy. That's a good thing, right?

Torino: Yes, I'm sure no one was a complete jerk about it.

(Torino, the next day on yahoo auctions seeing at least seven different auctions for these happi going for 9000+ yen from people who bought them solely to scalp them:

narrator: Torino was wrong.)

37160955441_386436c349_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Mikux2: Hello Miku!

Miku: Hello! These outfits are lovely, aren't they?

Mikux2: Won't you stay a while?

Miku: Alright...

37131051292_ed311e020e_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: You guys work for Volks?

StaffMiku: Yes! I have a very important job today.

StaffRin: Me too!

Miku: More important than posing for photos like this?

StaffMiku: Me, Rin and Len over there have been put here for people to play with!

StaffRin: Usually when Volks displays DDs like us, they're behind glass or only to look at...but this time, people new to DDs are encouraged to play with us to see what it's like!

StaffMiku: That way, it's easier for people to know if DDs are really for them!

I think this was a pretty nifty idea - it's apparently the first time Volks have done something like this. And it worked really well - they'd completely sold out of Miku and Rin when I visited, with only one Len left, and according to twitter that Len sold on the last day.

Torino: Alright then Miku, time to go...

37160955311_7ff7f4d5d2_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Can we bring her?

Torino: Look, I'm excited too, but we have to wait for the real thing like everyone else...

And so, day 2 of Magical Mirai came to an end. We ended up leaving about half an hour before close time just to beat the crowds on the way back. It was a lot of fun and a great experience, I definitely hope I can do it again one day, but I'm not sure when I'll get the chance. I'm glad that of all the times I finally got to do it, it was the extra special 10th anniversary year.

Torino: I'm really, really tired...I didn't even realize how tired I was until I got back here. How are you holding up, Miku? ...Miku?

37112940146_c6d4a3bf8d_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Torino: Goodnight, Miku...!

Epilogue:

36490117893_cefffe47d7_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Rin: Miku, you're back! Where did you end up going? Can I have my cardigan back?

Miku: RINYOUSHOULDHAVESEENITTHEREWASPICTURESOFMEEVERYWHEREANDALSOYOUANDTHEREWASABIG

MIKUTHEREWASTHREEBIGMIKUSACTUALLYTHEREWASALSOABIGRINANDABIGLENANDABIGLUKABUTNO

BIGKAITOBUTTHERESHOULDHAVEBEENABIGKAITOANDMEIKOTOODONTYOUTHINKBUTTHEREWASSO

MUCHTOSEEANDWESANDANDAND

36466414914_092aa4899b_z.jpgMM3 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Rin: u-um...

Miku: ANDTHENTHECONCERTTHEREWASSOMANYLIGHTSANDLASERSANDTHELIVEBANDWERESOAMAZINGAND

THENWHENMIKUAPPEAREDONTHESTAGEITWASLIKEDOOOOOONANDTHENTHECROWDWASLIKE

WOOOOOOOANDIWASWAVINGMYGLOWSTICKSLIKEWAAAAAAAANDTHENANDTHEN

Rin: I have no idea what you're talking about Miku!

I_Shinji

Thank you for your update. What a day for your Miku! I feel happy for her.

I want those happi for my Miku as well, but right now all the one I can find on yahoo auctions are above 17000.

sinclair

Yikes on the happi. At the 9000 yen price I would of bitten, but 17000 is way too much just for one article of clothing.

As for those life sized Mikus, I NEED ONE!!!!!! Too bad they are the prices of a car. sigh But the one in the bedroom would be perfect, Miku's hand would make a perfect DD Miku display platform.

But so glad to see you two had so much fun. You'll have to translate for us what Miku said to Rin at the end. My hyper girl speak is a bit rusty.

galatia9

Thanks so much for taking so many pictures, and sharing your trip to Magical Mirai with us, Torino! It looks like you and Miku had a fantastic time! It must have been so overwhelming. I felt awed just looking at the pictures!!

I cannot imagine where those huge figures are kept!! I hope they are kept somewhere, and not just discarded. I noticed that the second cake looked like it had long ponytails. LOL! And the racecar is just awesome. The art is all beautiful. And Miku looked like she enjoyed her visit with Volks, too!

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

TheWhiteRabbit

That looked like a really cool event! All those giant Vocaloids are impressive. Thanks for sharing so many cool pictures!

Miku certainly looks like she had a great time, poor Rin is getting an earful

Follow me on Twitter :)https://twitter.com/WhiteRabbit887

EverTravler

To think it's been 10 years already. That's so great you and Miku got to go! Judging by the outside pictures, it was at Makuhari Messe?

I love that you brought her along for photos. The mini-glow sticks were the perfect choice for the concert. The 10th Anniversary was a once in a life time opportunity and you couldn't have done it better, bringing Miku and her glow sticks! Also liked seeing her with the hidden Kaito, the cake, and most everything else lol. Although it's a shame how the Volks booth got overrun with re-sellers. But it's become unavoidable. Doujin booths have the same problems at Comiket, Sunshine Creation, ect.

Actually, these photos of you and Miku going out, having fun, and making memories reminds me of exactly why I'm finally getting a Dollphie of my own. I've done some photo sightseeing with my Shinki and I want Dollphie to be my next step (wanted one since Dolpa 27). So it's really motivating to see just how much fun the two of you had doing something special like the Miku 10th Anniversary Magical Mirai.

PS: Stay strong Rin! lol

Edit: If you don't mind, how tall is Miku? I'm curious about her size since you were able to get around with her so well and get great photos.

sinclair
If you don't mind, how tall is Miku? I'm curious about her size since you were able to get around with her so well and get great photos.

Miku is a DDIII doll, and they are 60cm tall.

Monty
If you don't mind, how tall is Miku? I'm curious about her size since you were able to get around with her so well and get great photos.

Miku is a DDIII doll, and they are 60cm tall.

This was my first time carrying a DD around all day too. They arent very heavy, but keeping her in an upright sitting position the entire time in my arms put more strain on than I expected, because I had to keep my arm in the same position the whole time in order to hold her properly. Otherwise she was riding around in a large freezer bag (more like a large tote bag with a flat bottom and insulation - it originally contained food gifts from a coworker's wedding i attended earlier this year (the guests get gifts at weddings in japan, not the couple, although the guests gotta pay them money instead) but is actually the perfect size to carry a sitting DD in. You can see it in the first photos when she's getting packed away. In fact I use it for that a lot more than the Volks carry case now since its so long its kind of awkward on trains and stuff) She didnt stay in the bag that much though because I wanted to get so many photos of her it was easier to just carry her around.

The photo that best indicates her size is the one of her with the racing car.

Ayanami

I know this is an old thread but I greatly enjoyed the pictures/story/events so I wanted to leave some feedback!

Thank you for posting your photos of the events, it was so much fun experiencing them together with you and your girl Miku is extremely cute, I especially love the ending of your story when she dropped down onto the bed - poor Miku ;^;

And I'm glad that your girl survived the events without any staining, I was kinda afraid that you wouldn't be able to wipe off the dirt when she sat on the irons...

Well, thanks again for letting us all participate in your exciting weekend

Monty

Thanks! I was happy to get to dobleepent the visit to MM this way.

Coincidentally, Miku has been having yet another exciting trip with me which is going to require another thread once I get back - it's nearly two weeks as opposed to a weekend though! (Although she didn't go everywhere with me)

cfx

I really like the travelogue type pictures like these. I never really go anywhere interesting, but I've thought about doing something like that posing my doll around local landmarks. But I haven't decided yet if I'm gutsy enough to take a doll out in public to do this.

Sniiksnak

I’m looking forward to seeing your next adventure with Miku since I enjoyed reading through this one so much.

It’s my dream to attend a Magical Mirai and if I can pull it off I want to bring Rin with me.