Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

finnleo

#37: ...Just Emilia

finnleo

welp, as usual I ended up getting my latest and greatest with a few delays... but still got her before she's totally out of fashion, so here's Emilia... Just Emilia.

These were taken more or less in backwards order, but that was due to lazyness and wanting to have atleast one playfull set for her...

37167533595_9f75cf87d6_z.jpg

emilia000

36331198454_5c7b1bca97_c.jpg

emilia001

36331198094_ee57dd57d7_c.jpg

emilia002

37167535445_ebb71121b1_z.jpg

emilia003

37167533485_2341a8fe15_c.jpg

emilia004

36331198224_1f9d0c2de1_z.jpg

emilia005

37025318471_58953447b7_c.jpg

emilia006

36331196864_a5a20a8dd4_c.jpg

emilia007

37167533155_057819cb90_z.jpg

emilia008

37167535595_9f77d52277_c.jpg

emilia009

37167533005_57f181cf03_c.jpg

emilia010

37025318751_fe03a3d48a_c.jpg

emilia011

37167535865_9fb79c955e_z.jpg

emilia012

37025318931_bcfd44222a_c.jpg

emilia013

I let her have a little play before stuffing her into her default,

just so there was atleast something else before I committed her into shelf service...

this is turning into a bit of a welcome home outfit, but this is still the older M-bust thingy...

so technically the same but still not..

37167532855_8f1e0f5014_c.jpg

emilia014

37167532695_3d92ddc7c9_c.jpg

emilia015

37167532615_9bb587d167_c.jpg

emilia016

36331197714_a365e111f4_c.jpg

emilia017

37167532535_473deb489f_c.jpg

emilia018

37167534655_9664668932_c.jpg

emilia019

36331197554_ae56cff44a_c.jpg

emilia020

37167532285_b8939fdd8c_c.jpg

emilia021

37167534445_680c0d946b_z.jpg

emilia022

37167532425_b9d1d43d71_z.jpg

emilia023

36331197454_08910d7d15_c.jpg

emilia024

And here's her fitment into this section of shelving..

37167532495_0ecdaf2304_z.jpg

misc62

thanks for looking...

SlyViolin

As usual, owner pics are x1000 more beautiful then Volks promo photos. She looks AMAZING.

Anna-neko

ahhhh~, she does have the lil elfy ears!

maybe it's a good thing Volks was so terrible at their own photos and not advertising the cutest bit....

baldylox

Gorgeous photos as always! I liked Emilia from the start but your photos of her make her look way better! I especially love her in the kitty outfit.... she's purrrfect in it!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

finnleo

Thanks, she is a very nice thing to have.

Was quite worried about getting buyers remorse with her but the only gripe i've settled on is that she wasnt white skin, but cant have it all...

But quite a lot of detail was lost in the official photos, compared to her real life presence.

I know people weren't happy with her eye's, and the face-up attached, but as I said in the original release thread, in my opinion both are faithful to the original novel arts, although the lashes look too heavy without the cross-hatch detailing her original design has there, but considering how these paint-jobs are made, that would have been probably impossible to do on a mass-produced scale.

finnleo

Thanks, Though as of writing this, she's still available to purchase at Volks international so that takes a bit of the edge from the lottery win... but I still got what I wanted, so still a win in that sense.

Paprika

I know I’m bumping an old post, but just in case you’re still active – are her shoes pleather / faux leather?

finnleo
16 hours ago, Paprika said:

are her shoes pleather / faux leather?

The answer is Yes, and yes. since I wasnt sure did you mean her defaults or the pink Coolcat items.

Despite being on display since day one, there is nothing bad to report about the default boots, even when I did the outfit swap with Megumin not too long ago. There isnt even the telltale signs of contact adhesive use on the zipper, which is a bonus.

the coolcat items are in ok shape, they feel a bit dry, but havent cracked yet, but do show signs of contact adhesive yellowing on the zipper inner, but it hasnt bled through.

The defaults seem to be made out of a much nicer feeling material too, which may add to the longevity. But I cannot vouch for the second release, that did they swap out materials for that.

• Thanks 1

Paprika
13 hours ago, finnleo said:

The answer is Yes, and yes. since I wasnt sure did you mean her defaults or the pink Coolcat items.

Despite being on display since day one, there is nothing bad to report about the default boots, even when I did the outfit swap with Megumin not too long ago. There isnt even the telltale signs of contact adhesive use on the zipper, which is a bonus.

the coolcat items are in ok shape, they feel a bit dry, but havent cracked yet, but do show signs of contact adhesive yellowing on the zipper inner, but it hasnt bled through.

The defaults seem to be made out of a much nicer feeling material too, which may add to the longevity. But I cannot vouch for the second release, that did they swap out materials for that.

Thank you so much for the comprehensive response!!! It caused me to finally pull the trigger on purchasing the first version. I’m excited to meet her. :-)

• Like 1

finnleo

good luck with your purchase. although obvious disclaimer is obvious:

as long as you took time going over the two releases, since the faceup difference is substantial in my oppinnion, and mandarake prices for unused between the two havent been that different.

also when buying used, mileage will vary. I did a quick mandarake search and one used set did have creases in the boots where the doll probably had been in a sitting pose for a long time, but no real cracks. and some adhesive discoloration at the zippers (which now is odd that mine dont... yet.), but those can in my oppinion be touched up with some matte white paint, a fine brush and patience.

Edited by finnleo
  • Thanks 1

Paprika

Apologies for the late response — I thought I responded, @finnleo. I bought her unused from Mandarake. I just received her two-ish days ago, and she’s in perfect condition. I prefer this sculpt compared to the new one (she looks more… elvish? to me, which I find really cute), but I had version 2 on my wishlist, because I thought she’d be easier to find. Thanks again for providing a comprehensive response and for actually researching the condition of her (used) stock for me. I really, really appreciate it. 

EDIT: Do you have an Instagram? You have an impressive collection, and I’d love to follow you.

Edited by Paprika

finnleo

no problems, I just get a bit antsy if someone buys something based on something I've posted.

11 hours ago, Paprika said:

this sculpt compared to the new one

The two 'Lias as far as I know share the same head. they just changed the paintwork around the eyes in clever ways to make it seem like their shape changed. doing the old cosplay trick of moving the eyeliner away from the eye openings at the sides, and also making part of the upper details lilac.

Though that said I havent consulted jadepixels big list of head info that do the head numbers actually match.

11 hours ago, Paprika said:

Do you have an Instagram?

flickr is the only platform I put stuff up on. In general what I put up there, I post here at some point (bulk picspam for the win). also right now things are a bit quiet on the doll front, because of a big rearrangement project im trying to complete ... and also re-kindled interest in analogue synthesizers.

That group photo has some of my heavy hitters, though the whole crew can be glanced through my main album listing. though not all heads have dedicated bodies to go with them (also for some reason I've grouped normal and snow miku into one thing)

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 1

flora

She's so pretty! I love the little hood too! It'd be best to see some of her other outfits from the show too. I know she had some other dresses in season 2 iirc. I need to avoid these posts so I don't have to buy her! 

finnleo
1 hour ago, flora said:

I know she had some other dresses in season 2 iirc.

her wardrobe does expand a bit, though the second season only came around after either version of the dolls, so unless they do something like make Beatrice I dont think Volks will make any of the outfits happen. Felix might be on some wishlists too...

I really would like to see the "Queen Emilia" one from the last episode of S2, even if it is a bit of a Elsa knock off, and probably would be a pain to make the blue transitions.

Not 100% sure was this one featured in either of the anime seasons:

52756177405_1f9b2c7aec_b.jpg

which is something that would be nice.

The prequel OVA episode outfit is also cute even if a bit simplistic.