Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Yumeiro

Skirt +tutorial for SmartDoll

Yumeiro

I felt I needed a skirt that would fit a SmartDoll. As the Dollfie Dream skirts I have... does not.

So inspired by the skirts Danny Choo have available, I made my own knife-pleated skirt.

3jGIkSG.jpg

YE8kjww.jpg

Low, so that the telescopic stand can be used.

It is not completely attached at the back, so the waistband does not follow the body as it should. And I have not hemmed it (so you can see the frays). I was just testing how it would fit, before making a serious attempt!

BUT!

I would like to share a little tutorial, here with you, so you can make your own. However, do you feel that would be ok?

As it is pretty similar to Danny Choo's ones... Even if the "pattern" is made by myself, I will remove it if you deem it too much of a "copy".

Edit:

Here is the mini-tutorial

If anyone has any further questions about how to make it, just ask! (it is just a mini-tutorial after all)

Here is an image tutorial

Edited by Guest

Eiko82

It looks awesome. Very cute. I'd like to see your tutorial.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Hoshiko_Blue

I second Eiko82, share the tutorial if you like, I'd love to try and make one myself, it looks so good

Yumeiro

I added the tutorial.

I would love to see your results if you make one!

Akai Okami

These types of skirts are hardly an original design. Pleated skirts have been around for ages! So I wouldn't worry about people thinking you stole it, especially as you made your own pattern and tutorial. I really like that fabric you used though. So pretty!!

*pokes tutorial* Oh...I almost feel I could do that..though my sewing attempts in the past have been so hit and miss. lol

obitsu_sig.jpg.b3c45109fdd3585a9f55346abae64554.jpg

Hoshiko_Blue

Thank you very much! I love when tutorials include measurements

sinclair

Thanks for the share. Perhaps you could make another one and take photos to share as you do it. I mean I think I understand your pattern page, but more details and photos of the process would help tons as sewing in general is all new to me.

Yumeiro
Perhaps you could make another one and take photos to share as you do it.

Since I will be making a new, proper one, I can try to take photos as I go! (Hopefully soon...)

Anna-neko

tiny tip? Hem your skirt before folding it up into pleats - hemming tiny things after they're done is way harder (pleats kinda get in the way)

Yumeiro

I have now added an image tutorial. Hopefully it will help!

I made a new skirt with the same fabric. My plan was to test how it would look with lining.

I accidentally put additional seam allowance on the seam allowance, on the waistband.

So that is why the waistband is longer in the pictures...

Next, it seems I also have been a bit sloppy with the pleats. The new skirts ones are a bit larger than 2,5cm. And on the old skirt, they are just uneven!

(And I seem to have forgotten to show the attached waistband too)

Again, I am happy to answer any questions!

ayameari

Thank you for the great tutorial!

38711886265_2d1e84324f.jpg

Aurelia, Natsumi, Zelda, Avalon,

Kiyoko, and Emi

Mysha

Hey You can try making a belt like this (rounded and with top edge shorter than bottom edge) - it should help the belt to sit better on the hips.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ql_Kl8n-_Ew/VA4vnthdvBI/AAAAAAAAIkE/ICThOo4wxaM/s1600/wszywanie%2Bpaska%2Bdo%2Bsp%C3%B3dnicy%2C%2Bkingaszyje.blogspot%2B(3).JPG

37542208752_7cbdd8660f.jpg

- Kizuna [smart Doll] - Isabelle [saber Extra + Obitsu60] - Maya [DDS DDH-06] - Angelica [DD Sakuya] - Kitty [MDD Mariko] - Moonlight [smart Doll] - Emily [DD Miku] -

https://annasangels.capsel.org/